+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How soon is too soon?

We have dd 2.5 and dd 2 months.. We always planned a 3rd and maybe 4th. I'm feeling clucky and ready to TTC.. Am I crazy?? I had a straightforward pregnancy and birth for dd2 and feel pretty well recovered. Did anyone feel ready this quickly? And if you went ahead how did you find the tiny age gap?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We never went on birth control after our daughter.
    We wanted them as close as possible.
    I fell pregnant when she was 8 months but mc and then 12 months.
    We will be doing the same thing after this baby.
    I say go for it!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MonkeyMumma For This Useful Post:

Mambo  (24-11-2015)

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I feel pregnant with ds when dd3 was 8months :-)
    I wanted a smaller gap but because I was breastfeeding I had to wait till af returned which was when dd3 was 7 months

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bunkx For This Useful Post:

Mambo  (24-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    As long as you have uncomplicated pregnancies and births and your body has the strength and fitness to carry another pregnancy so soon, I don't think there is a "too soon" if you are comfortable with the small age gap.

my age gaps are 19 months between 1 & 2, 22 months between 2 & 3 and 2y7m between 3 & 4. For my first two, the small gaps were planned - they would have been smaller preferably, but my body does NOT ovulate while breastfeeding, and I didn't want to stop feeding just to fall pregnant. So those were the smallest gaps we could have. Number 4 is a surprise baby, but we are very excited to be meeting him next month

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

Mambo  (24-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How soon is too soon?

I was clucky again, almost immediately after having DS2. I am still waiting for my cycle to sort itself out 11 months later, and still breast feeding but not wanting to give that up just to ttc. Gap between my two boys is 20 months. I'd love a similar gap again.
    Best of luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep I totally felt clucky again around 8-9 months later, both times. However I do choose to follow the philosophy of "natural child spacing" which tends to work out to 2-3 years between pregnancies. It is better for me healthwise, to have a break (I don't have the greatest health/energy reserves), and studies have shown fewer health problems for the baby when you have a larger gap. So of course it's totally up to what suits your family, but make sure to take care of yourself - because your health is really what nourishes that growing babe.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been majorly clucky since DD was 5 days old! I just had this distinct "knowing" that this was what I wanted more of and know without a doubt that if things hadn't been rocky with DH I would have TTC immediately.
    I have a 12 year age gap between DS and DD, but had him very young and experienced a terrible bout of PND after his birth and was terrified of it happening again so never wanted another baby for that reason. But having DD I was absolutely fine and felt I could honestly do it over and over again, I loved every second of the pregnancy, newborn stage etc, I was walking on air for the first few months and you couldn't wipe the smile off my face!
    So I say, if it's what you want, go for it. If you think you can manage a small gap, do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had this discussion after our first and will have to have it again in the lead up to this ones arrival.. I don't know the answer! Just following to read along!