Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @sunny79 congratulations! 💥🎈🎊🎉✨💝💖💜💝💖💜💝 💜

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Apples1234 For This Useful Post:

sunny79  (20-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Annerley I have to have another blood test this week to make sure the level is at 0. I know what you mean about the tears packed all the IVF meds into a bag to put away for a while, the other night and couldn't stop the tears. I know it was early and nothing was a sure thing but a part of me feels cheated.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsSMS For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (20-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MrsSMS I agree, it all just seems so cruel and unfair. As if fertility problems and Ivf wasn't enough...
    In relation to my DD, my grandma always used to go on how I had an easy experience getting her, an easy pregnancy and an easy birthing experience and she's an easy baby. It used to always irk me a bit when she said it and last time she did, I said, which part of having to do Ivf made it easy to get her? She replied with, I know but I mean you had an easy time with Ivf. I excuse her due to her age and I know that I did have an easy Ivf experience last time around. Thankfully after that, she never commented about how easy I had it again. She's been hassling my mum all week with what my results were so mum waited til Friday to tell her anything and had just been saying there was no news. Now I shall never hear the word "easy" come out of her mouth again!
    As for the meds, this cycle was unmediated but I kept my Synarel nasal spray in a cupboard as I couldn't bear to toss something that had given me DD. A few weeks ago, I could hear DD rummaging around the cupboards and there she was walking around with the box. It was a bit weird to think about!

I hope to see you around in a few months (or whenever you are ready)! I really want to see you get your dream xx
    Last edited by Annerley; 20-12-2015 at 20:35.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

MrsSMS  (21-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Annerley - I took off a few weeks. Because I don't actually cycle normally anyway, we booked in to see FS after getting chem results / think I waited about a week or so to see her, then we discussed options and started - so probably 3 or 4 weeks? Sorry my brain isn't remembering much today!!

Yes I am hoping that this cycle is going better. Have had a few up and downs so am waiting for our u/s next week before I let myself get excited but this one seems to still be sticking. It's tough though waiting for that heartbeat scan. Keep going over and over things in my head. But I've had 5 betas and the numbers are continuously doubling (at a slightly faster rate than normal) so I keep telling myself if it was a blighted ovum it wouldn't still be racing along. Also I haven't had any more bleeding since Monday and last blood test the progesterone level was back up to 33 - so fingers crossed!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woof5105 For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (20-12-2015),Tanej78  (20-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great to hear that everything is going better @woof5105 they all seem like really promising signs and i think you'd be in the clear about a blighted ovum. That's the thing, if by some miracle this did work out, I'd be worried about the scan since our levels are so low and slow. Once you get those beautiful kicks, you'll feel so much more reassured too, I'm sure!

I'm planning to keep my next af cycle free of any Ivf to give my body time to recover, I've also decided I'm going to enjoy the festive season and get my hair done, all things I wouldn't have done otherwise. At this stage, I'd like to get going again in Feb and not sure if the next step for us is to see the FS. Is that how it usually works, do you see the FS before going again to review what happened, etc? I do feel like it would be a good idea to meet with her.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

brightsunshine  (20-12-2015),Tanej78  (21-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely take time to recover. It's traumatic and I actually feel like I jumped back into it too quick this time but I wanted to get in by the end of the year.

Having a cycle or two without Ivf is always good for the body.

And yes, we see the FS if we want to discuss a different approach (like this time we wanted to talk double transfer and then donor eggs). If we just want to do the same protocol and no changes then I just call the clinic and tell the nurses I want to restart with the same orders as last time.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to woof5105 For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (21-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also not sure if you are interested but I can't recommend acupuncture highly enough either. I had it for 2 sessions prior to transfer then just immediately before and after transfer (about an hour pre and post).
    Then have had it once a week since. We've stepped it up to twice a week when I had bleeding.
    But the actual transfer I was so much more relaxed this time with having the acupuncture.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to woof5105 For This Useful Post:

Apples1234  (21-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello friends,
    We are TTC for the last 6 yrs with unexplained infertility.
    Both of us are fine. Husband had mild motility and DNA frag issues, but last 2 yrs the reports look normal.

Ive done HSG but not Lap/Hystero as doctors said they don't feel it's required and asked to go for IVF

IVF 1: Transferred 1, implanted, but missed miscarriage at around 5.5 weeks

FET: Transferred 2. Both didn't stick.

Now this month IVF 2: Transferred 2. Very low Beta HCG and now spotting. Most likely a miscarraige again

I am really anxious as to what's going on. Fron the look of it there is no problem with implantation. The embryos also were very good grade embryos. I have around 6 frozen embryos. But dont want to go in for another FET before knowing what's wrong.

Anyone seen such a case as mine before and what cud be the reason its happening?

When I go and meet my doc, what am I supposed to ask or suggest to him?

Pls help me out here about the way fwd. I'm turning 34 this March and very nervous!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @brightsunshine I'm so sorry to hear you've had a rough journey it's never easy.

Reading your history sounds similar to mine... We're currently in year 8 and I'm 37... Had multiple IVF cycles in 3 years with only one BFP that ended in miscarriage and previous to ivf natural pregnancies that ended in miscarriage/ectopic.

They've never really found any reason other than just bad luck... And I kept being told it's ok times on your side.. But now it's so frustrating because I feel like it's not anymore

So my advice to you would be I wish 3 years ago I was more aggressive in my approach to finding a FS who was not just doing the bare minimum. I'm currently with my 4th and someone who is open and trying everything to get us pregnant.

She tested me this year for MTHFR mutation which I had never heard off (arghh frustrating) and came back positive... Put that on your list of you haven't already been tested... It can be linked back to m/c, dvt, depression, anxiety all things that I've had... It means a change in vitamins and not having folic acid but proper folate.

Also look into immune issues... I've had multiple biopsy in the last 12months with NKC not coming in as a factor but high ANA... So we've been doing cycles for the first time with support of steroids, blood thinners & intralipids.

The other thing is maybe it's worth having a lap/hystroscope? I had a hystroscope earlier in the year (to check NKC) but my current FS has suggested we do a lap... More to see and rule out since we haven't had a BFP in a while... She's wondering if my remaining tube is diseased (haven't had a lap since my ectopic) and they can leak fluid etc which can stop implantation... Her explanation was that scans don't show everything. I wish I had done one earlier now and not wasted cycles.

I hope that helps some... Feel free to pm me if you like... I hope you get some answers soon and fingers crossed that your current cycle heads in the right direction to a take home bubba xx

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanej78 For This Useful Post:

brightsunshine  (21-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/FET Oct Nov 2015 #3

Welcome brightsunshine.
    My story is very different to yours, husband obstructive azoospermia me they think no issues??!! 2 frozen transfers, excellent looking embryos both bfn. It is very disheartening and I am so sorry for your m/c's. I hope you get your take home baby soon. I second what tanej78 says - consult with lots of fs if needed - I have an appointment booked in jan to see a new one - dr m in Sydney who is a reproductive immunologist. Maybe I won't need it.......
    Maybe that's why I am now looking at this today - 3rd time's a charm. Please stay "sparkie" (hubbie and I nicknamed this one after I leant on the electric fence with my belly the day of transfer) - 4am 6dp5dt
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1450643476.563113.jpg
    Last edited by sunny79; 21-12-2015 at 06:34.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sunny79 For This Useful Post:

brightsunshine  (21-12-2015),Legally Brown  (22-12-2015),Tanej78  (21-12-2015)