Closed Thread
Page 67 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies and @Billie2 I could really do with those prayers. Overall whilst id love for it to work out, I just hope that this doesn't drag on. Im trying to think about how maybe one of my other little healthy embryos are meant to be.
    I feel terrible in saying this but ive had a really bad feeling about this cycle for the last couple of weeks and it seems ive been right about a few things lately. I probably just knew that its highly unlikely to get 2/2.

@Apples1234 this thread does seem to have some terrible luck besides those few bfps. I actually sadly came across another thread on here the other day and found thatone of our early bfp'ers is no longer pregnant. I didn't feel right crashing the thread well after the news but definitely thinking of her.

Can anyone shed a bit more light on what usually happens in a chemical pregnancy? Im guessing that the embryo started to implant which caused the hcg but maybe didn't implant properly due to the lining not being optimal or the embryo not being fully viable. Im guessing if it is one that my levels should just go back to 0 and id have a period. Is it likely to be a heavy or painful one if it happens this early?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/FET Oct Nov 2015 #3

Last edited by Tanej78; 18-12-2015 at 22:30.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/FET Oct Nov 2015 #3

Oh @Annerley frack it! That's not supposed to happen!!

With my chemicals, they've usually gone down by the end of week 5 and not too drawn out because the hcg was low to start... if that's what it is then I hope it does the right thing...

Sending you big hugs and pass around the bottle of bubbles for a swig...
    Last edited by Tanej78; 18-12-2015 at 22:29.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanej78 For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (18-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It will be like a heavy period. They will test that your levels go back to 0. In some cases they do a DnC to make sure all is clear. Sorry and I'm hoping for you that it's not the case. It's all so unfair. Xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and yes the embryo has to implant to release HCG but there is a lot of mystery to why they don't work. It could be because they embryo has a genetic issue. This can happen to anyone and happens often apparently to women and they don't even realise they were pregnant (if they're not doing IVF). It's quite common. It's just luck of the draw.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Annerley that is terrible news I am sorry! Some days I don't feel very strong but the way I look at it is we don't have a choice. This week I have had a rough one most of the time all I want to do is cry. I work in a shopping centre so I have to see pregnant people and babies everywhere and that makes it harder on me but I have to keep telling myself it will happen. Hopefully AF comes soon for and it is all over quickly! I am still waiting
    @katt1011 don't think I will be going on a holiday, we have tried to keep busy around our house this war painting carpeting now we are putting up new fences so that will keep us busy.
    @mrsthomo I am sorry that your transfer had to get cancelled that sucks!! Hopefully a break will help you too.
    @Tanej78 good luck with everything in Jan, hopefully they can find some answers as to why the embryos aren't implanting.

Afm- still need another blood test next week to make sure hcg levels are going down they where at 30 on Thursday. Asked FN what happens if hcg doesn't go down to 0 and felt like my question was avoided. All medications stopped on Thursday still waiting on AF. Hoping it isn't going to be a painful experience. Not sure when I will do another cycle just taking things 1 day, 1 week at time. My Fil put IVF in perspective well at dinner the other night we really are just taking a big gamble and hoping that it works.

I have questioned why my embryos have grown and implanted but not survived but I think that will be a question I will ask FS before we go for another cycle. I had a laparoscopy hysteroscopy, they ran dye through my tubes and checked out the health of my uterus I had a d&c and a cyst removed all at the same time I would have thought they would have checked for any thing that would cause problems for an embryo.

DH and I have both been tested for genetic abnormalities as our nephew has CF. both our tests have come back normal I know that doesn't guarantee that our embryos are don't have genetic abnormalities but my clinic doesn't do the testing so we either have to move clinics or just use what we have left and hope for the best.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsSMS For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (19-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MrsSMS please let me know how you go, im worried it will be painful too.
    Sorry I can't remember but was this your first cycle? How many frozen do you have?
    Im trying to take comfort in the fact that I know ivf can work perfectly but if this was my first cycle, it would be hard to think ahead about the other embryos. My DD does seem like an even bigger miracle rightnow and she is my life. I know id come to grips with being a family of 3 but it would always sting whenever id think of what wasmeant to be. Its so easy to imagine what another child could be like and I hope I don't have to miss out on that. As ive always said, I feel very fortunate for her as Iknow ive been lucky.

@mrsthomo sorry to hear that you wont fit your transfer in but im hoping that next year will be better for us all

Sorry that some of my words above are two words joined together. Im away from home at the moment and I don't know what my phone is doing.

Thanks for the support ladies and for those answers @Apples1234

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (19-12-2015),Tanej78  (19-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Annerley.. 1st cycle we had nothing freeze or transfer
    2nd cycle we had 8 embryos I got a BFP but I had AF so they said it implanted but didn't survive.
    1st FET but 2nd transfer and it has was a non viable bio chemical I think the FN called it. I will let you know how it goes I read somewhere it can take weeks for AF to show up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Officially PUPO with a lovely little blastocyst now ladies. Late night with hubby's business Christmas party at our house & early start for ET so looking forward to chilling out at home today. Will check back in & catch up with you all in a few hours.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to babybeanie For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (20-12-2015),MrsSMS  (19-12-2015),sunny79  (19-12-2015),Tanej78  (19-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Annerley
    Oh that sucks!!! This hasn't been a good thread for positive news! :-(
    My round before this one was a chemical ... My levels dropped really quickly and I got AF I think after a week? It was a bit more crampy than usual but not terribly worse.
    Unfortunately the cause of a chemical is pretty much impossible to pin down. It can be failure to implant correctly (so it implants and then early placental cells start secreting hcg but things aren't perfect and it can't establish itself in the lining properly), or the embryo has too many chromosomal abnormalities and doesn't progress, or lastly an immune response. From recollection the most prevalent cause they think is implantation failure.

It is such a tough road ... Sending you loads of hugs - I have been there and I can empathise. I hope your levels drop quickly and come back to 0 so you can have some time to get your strength back.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woof5105 For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (20-12-2015),Tanej78  (19-12-2015)