Closed Thread
Page 44 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the support ladies! It's very hard keeping this secret in especially when we are living with my mum while we build our house 😁

Got my results today, hcg is 7373! It was a big sigh of relief! Prog has gone up to 55 Which the nurse seemed happy with. I've asked them if I can have another blood test next week which they have agreed to (and so they should with how much we pay).
    @mrsthomo I hope this is your cycle! After the struggles we go to to have a baby, we all deserve it! I will have my fingers, toes, legs and arms crossed for you xo

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mona424 For This Useful Post:

MrsSMS  (07-12-2015),mrsthomo  (08-12-2015),Tanej78  (07-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by StuartHad View Post
    @Tanej78, @Legally Brown. Hi, we had spoken to Lynn Burmeister, who advised us there must of been a fold in the xray, which led her to believe there was a polyp. The wife and I were quiet upset because she had to undergo invasive surgery for no means at all. We also recieved notes and a xray from the surgeon confirming there was no polyp.
    I really feel for you and your wife. My only suggestion is that if you and your wife no longer feel comfortable going to Lynn then you should see another FS. It's only a suggestion but you are both very upset with what happened (understandably because I would be furious). Is there other clinic a nearby?

There also must be a place where you can make a complaint? Which state do you live in? Your state health service should be able to point you in the right direction for you to make a complaint.

I'm very concerned that your wife is not the only person to have had unnecessary surgery...

Thinking of both you and your wife xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    THREAD CRASHER ALERT.......

Quote Originally Posted by StuartHad View Post
    The wife and I had a consultation with Dr Lynn Burmeister in the past about an IVF procedure. Lynn then went on to say IVF cannot be done until the polyp was removed, Lynn advised she could do the procedure but to us it was at a hefty cost , so we had agreed with Lynn that we would undertake the surgery thru the public health system. The surgery was done at Heidelberg hospital months later. When my wife had woken up from general anesthesia I was allowed to see her, she then advised me that the surgeon said, "THERE WAS NO POLYP IN THE VAGINA AREA", to then i insisted on speaking to a doctor who confirmed this to be correct. We have contacted Monash IVF about the incident three weeks ago and still haven't had a reply. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to take this matter further.

Sorry everyone, just jumping in to say to @StuartHad that in the first instance, I'd put the complaint in writing and send it off to Monash and see what happens.

Then you could approach the Health Obudsman (Office of the Health Services Commissioner I think it is in your state???) for advice/take the complaint further. Here's a link that might help:

http://www.abc.net.au/health/consume...20/1837237.htm

I'm sorry to hear about what's happened with your wife Luv The explanation she gave you sounds pretty pi$$ poor to me too

Wishing you both all the luck in the world and a BFP in the very near future!!

P.S.....There are a lot of really knowledgeable people here who would be more than happy to give you their opinions on who they think is the best FS in your area to see if you'd like any further help finding another FS.

Just pose the question on a thread of your own
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 07-12-2015 at 18:21.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

mrsthomo  (08-12-2015),Ruby16  (08-12-2015),Tanej78  (07-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Sorry about that Everyone!!! Just wanted to lend a hand

Anyhoo... while I'm here....Good luck to all who are Cycling and those with recent BFP's!!! to you all!!!!

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (07-12-2015),Legally Brown  (07-12-2015),mrsthomo  (08-12-2015),Ruby16  (07-12-2015),sunny79  (07-12-2015),Tanej78  (07-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @BlondeinBrisvegas! Drop over anytime!! Ps while you're here any reco's for acupuncturists in brisvegas- head in that way tomorrow for work and wasn't able to get in down here this week.
    Cheers R

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ruby16 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (07-12-2015),mrsthomo  (08-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hellooooo..
    I was in the IVF Nov 2014 thread earlier.. In IVF 1 i got a positive but sadly miscarried at 5 weeks. Then had FET in April 2015. But nothing stuck!

Now im in IVF #2, and got a positive, but my beta HCG value is only 14.9. Doctor has given me a supporting HCG injection and ask me to repeat the blood test after 4 days, that is on Wednesday...

Isnt 14.9 too low a value for TWO WEEKS post transfer? Know anyone who has had a successful pregnancy with such value? Devasted if i end up with another miscarraige..

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Annerley The TWW hasn't actually been too bad so far. 1 week to go and no POAS (because DF really doesn't want to). Also congrats on being PUPO annerley

I have had the most disgusting cold for the last 3 days ( hoping its a positive sign because your immune system is compromised when your pregnant, and I haven't been sick in almost 2 years)

Hope all your TWW go quickly

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Leachpeach For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (07-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    Sorry about that Everyone!!! Just wanted to lend a hand

Anyhoo... while I'm here....Good luck to all who are Cycling and those with recent BFP's!!! to you all!!!!
    Hey, we cycled togther last year! It's nice to see a familiar face and any help is always appreciated!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to stillfuntryin For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (07-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone! Yeah it's a shame I couldn't transfer this month. My clinic will not do transfer after 22nd and my FS said if I'll do this month, my schedule should be 23rd so I missed it by one day.... LOL It's ok, my hubby wants me to rest more and do it next month anyway. Now just have to be positive and kind to my body for more rest. I was just thinking to do it this month since I can get over it and start over sooner if it fails.
    @Billie2 Sorry I didn't mean to put a pressure on you. I just feel good about you from the start about your positivity. Best of luck for next Mon!
    @Tanej78 LOL Hope you can resist those sticks and 2 weeks pass quickly for you. Take care!
    @babybeanie Yes I will do it straight away once I got my period in Jan. I will put both of my 2 blasts back in. If it fails, I might start my 3rd stim in Feb/ Mar....... Good luck for your next scan and upcoming EPU.
    @mrsthomo Wishing you a merry X'Mas too. Glad they can fit you in just in time. My clinic will not do any transfer from 22nd. That's early and they are one of the expensive one in Melb.....#sigh
    @Annerley Thank you and happy PUPO!! Hope 2 weeks gone fast for you

Hope 6 PUPOs turn out to be 6 BFPs for this month. C'Mon...it's our X'Mas presents.
    @StuartHad That's awful. You should write the letter to Monash required an explanation for your case. Sorry I couldn't help much. I used to do laparoscopy with Monash and they are good IMO.

I like this thread. Everyone is so understanding. Best of luck xxxx

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Legally Brown For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (07-12-2015),Billie2  (07-12-2015),mrsthomo  (08-12-2015),pillowhead  (08-12-2015),Tanej78  (07-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Mona424 Wow that's a great number. Congratulations on your pregnancy and happy 9 months.
    @Leachpeach Best of luck. Hope that is the sign...