Closed Thread
Page 17 of 100 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    @Billie2 - congrats. If there's anything I've learnt from my journey it is that quality trumps quantity every time.

I had 5 good embryos, 4 frozen and 1 that became DS. And now I have none, except DS. I'm not aiming for frosties next time. I'm just aiming to transfer one or two beautiful embryos.

They say anything else is a bonus but that's not always true in IVF.
    @Annerley yes my bloods came back negative, no implantation. It was obviously the pregnyl playing games with me. I will never test early again.

I'm booked on to stim again ASAP. I wouldn't have minded a break but we want to get a cycle in while we have hit the safety net.
    @rainbowRoad you are so right. I am sorry about your news, but admire your dust off & jump back in another cycle. Its a good distraction and therapy for the pain. For us, we didn't start this to freeze for another day. Im 38 and not starting a family but looking to finish ours. I really just wanted one good one. I am praying so hard for positive news. Otherwise I will follow lead & have to start again in 2016. At least then they can tailor the meds to suit me and hope for a better response. Take care and be kind to yourself xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78 good luck for tomorrow to you as well. I've been having some ovulation symptoms, they started on Wednesday night so I wasn't entirely surprised when they said my levels had increased on Thursday morning. In saying that, I have a feeling I'll still have another BT or 2 after this one before they pinpoint ovulation. Something is telling me it will happen early next week but I might be wrong.
    @Apples1234 so much for the Aussie dream and here is the government making that harder to achieve. It's really not fair at all!
    @rainbow road that all seems so cruel with the pregnyl, I know that it can give false positives but it's still doesn't seem fair. The last thing we need is for our mind to be played with.
    @Billie2 that's great! Yay for your eggies!! You know, I remember before my EPU that they told me how they count as each egg is retrieved and they always breathe a sigh of relief when they get the first one, as it means that there isn't going to be none. At that point it really occurred to me that the result really could be none. Fortunately that wasn't the case for you and you have 2. I really hope your one is one of those, that's all you really need especially when one more child is your goal.
    Imagine that lady stuffing up and getting none, you'd really never forgive yourself if you made that happen! Wow!!

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (27-11-2015),MrsSMS  (28-11-2015),Tanej78  (27-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby16 View Post
    So just got the call from my nurse- HCG has risen to 251!! P4 was also apparently off the charts at >127 and E2 is good at 427......phew!! All is good

Now to navigate Sydney again tomorrow......
    Congratulations x

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsSMS For This Useful Post:

Ruby16  (27-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Annerley I felt for her, she was so upset, but we also have to be responsible for our part in the commitment to AC. Especially when nurses are available to us 24/7. She will be so upset with herself. And its too late now till 2016. What an avoidable setback.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (27-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much everyone! I am starting to get a little excited now....but in all honesty really trying not to get lost in the excitement -as I've felt that sharp pain of disappointment after this point before.......just hoping like hell that my body is compliant this time!
    @Billie2- congrats on your eggies! I do hope that one of those is 'The One". very sad for the lady beside you though.....I can only imagine how awful she would be feeling tonight.........
    @Tanej78 & @Annerley all the best for tomorrow!
    @Apples1234- so sorry to see your news- this game can be cruel...do you think it may have been some of the trigger/booster shot left over in your system? Sorry can't remember if you had them or not.......also how did you go with Dr M, did you get an appointment? Also I saw you had a question about gene matches or something like that on the NK Thread...I think there is some info about the DQ Matches in Dr Beer's book that may answer some questions for you?

And good Lord, what is the Govt trying to do to us?!....makes my blood boil to be honest........as if this isn't already financially, emotionally and physically draining enough, lets just put up another barrier!
    @mrsthomo- glad you knew about the Vit D! As for my brother, I think he has finally turned a corner this year, and is clean (drug and alcohol problems as well)......still suffers with the anxiety and depression, but much less than in the past....he takes 10,000 IU Vit D per day (per some recent research papers indicating that up to 20,000 IU may be needed), but I think a combined approach is helping (ie getting off the drugs!!) and thank you for asking about him...families are stressful things sometimes aren't they?! I'm sorry to hear of your brother's Aspergers- that can be a hard one.....

Sorry to hear of your PTSD too- I don't have any experience with that I'm sorry, but are you on facebook? Check out a page called 'Triggers Big Trek' it's a soldier and his beautiful blue staffy walking around Australia to raise awareness of PTSD at the moment.....I love it, and clearly I need to have my awareness raised! Sounds like you have been through the wringer....I used to wish I was part of the Brady Bunch! If only life was like that!xo
    @stillfuntryin Thanks! With my endo (product of Oestrogen dominance) I have actually been working pretty hard over the past 12 mths to reduce the oestrogen, phytoestrogens and xenoestrogens I eat and and support my natural progesterone production...so hopefully that is paying off??....finally! Oh and the Prog pessaries too!! I should join one of the due date groups...just hoping I don't jinx myself by looking too far ahead!! I am still so nervous that I'll go to the loo and start spotting at anytime........

Take care everyone, I'll be checking in from my infusion chair tomorrow....even going to tackle driving in Sydney traffic!! EEK!! Made it to Newcastle this evening and managed to make my way to my motel even with all of the No Right Turns?? What is with them!! had to go to timbuktoo and back to get into my motel and then get some dinner...anyway all good now- fed and watered and ready for a good rest.

xo

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby16 For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (27-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ruby16 I really hope this is your take home baby. All the best for tomorrow!
    I can't believe you are here, in Newcastle. We are probably minutes away from each other!
    Yes I get what you mean about no right turn signs. I still get stuck and I've lived here all my life. I've driven around a block a number of times when all I really needed to do was turn right. It hadn't really occurred to me now that they weren't everywhere, lol!
    Last edited by Annerley; 27-11-2015 at 21:41.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

Ruby16  (27-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Firstly I am very Sorry for the BFN's and ups and downs a few ladies have had lately xo. I am glad that some of you are already planning new cycles. I have always found that it helps to have Plan B ready after a failed cycle plus a red wine helps as well. Well cycle number 8 for me just might be my BFP. Honestly what a roller coaster ride it is though at 12dp5dt my HCG was 21. At 14dp5dt it was 65. At 19dp5dt it was 550 and my lovely FS was not very optimistic and told me as much but then today at 23dp5dt it is 1550. So my doubling time from my first HCG has been 1.8 days and my FS told me today that if I was his mistress he would be very worried and if I was his daughter he would be quietly optimistic so I have a scan scheduled for Friday week and I am completely terrified as I have no idea what that will bring. I thought the two week wait was hard but this is so much worse. Like a 5 week wait. Anyway hopefully my story brings some of the longer IVFers some hope. It took me 8 cycles and three different clinics all up and almost 5 years of heartbreak, tears and TTC to get a BFP. I have watched all my friends have 2 babies in the time I have had none and each pregnancy hurt me more and more to the point that I have alienated most of them because it is just easier to do that so I'm taking it and for now and today I am pregnant and hoping that my baby stays sticky and hangs around. I hope everyone has a nice week end.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maxwellsmum For This Useful Post:

babybeanie  (28-11-2015),Billie2  (27-11-2015),Hopeful37  (28-11-2015),sunny79  (27-11-2015),Tanej78  (27-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Maxwellsmum- fingers are crossed for you!! and how stressful those first couple of BT's must have been!! Good luck for the next couple of weeks- stay strong- and positive!! That's what I'm telling myself too!!

Thanks @Annerley- maybe next time (being positive!) I have to come down for infusion we can catch up for a cuppa! (No pressure though as I understand that anonymity is s big part of what draws us all here ) Newcastle seems to be a good spot for me to stop as is only a hop skip and jump away from Sydney!

Hopefully the no r h turns don't stump me in the morning Xo
    Last edited by Ruby16; 27-11-2015 at 21:26.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ruby16 For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (28-11-2015),Maxwellsmum  (27-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxwellsmum View Post
    Firstly I am very Sorry for the BFN's and ups and downs a few ladies have had lately xo. I am glad that some of you are already planning new cycles. I have always found that it helps to have Plan B ready after a failed cycle plus a red wine helps as well. Well cycle number 8 for me just might be my BFP. Honestly what a roller coaster ride it is though at 12dp5dt my HCG was 21. At 14dp5dt it was 65. At 19dp5dt it was 550 and my lovely FS was not very optimistic and told me as much but then today at 23dp5dt it is 1550. So my doubling time from my first HCG has been 1.8 days and my FS told me today that if I was his mistress he would be very worried and if I was his daughter he would be quietly optimistic so I have a scan scheduled for Friday week and I am completely terrified as I have no idea what that will bring. I thought the two week wait was hard but this is so much worse. Like a 5 week wait. Anyway hopefully my story brings some of the longer IVFers some hope. It took me 8 cycles and three different clinics all up and almost 5 years of heartbreak, tears and TTC to get a BFP. I have watched all my friends have 2 babies in the time I have had none and each pregnancy hurt me more and more to the point that I have alienated most of them because it is just easier to do that so I'm taking it and for now and today I am pregnant and hoping that my baby stays sticky and hangs around. I hope everyone has a nice week end.
    @Maxwellsmum I understand that heartache, we are the same so many of our closest have started and finished their families, when we were the first to fall pregnant 8years ago... So frustrating! Keeping everything crossed for you this is your take home baby ❤️❤️❤️

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tanej78 For This Useful Post:

babybeanie  (28-11-2015),Hopeful37  (28-11-2015),Maxwellsmum  (27-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Annerley Thank you for your warm wishes and support. I really appreciate it! Good luck for your BT tomorrow! Hope everything is going perfectly. x

@rainbow road I’m so sorry. Sending you a giant hug! I’m glad you can fit another in before January. Wishing you the best of luck! x

@Billie2 Congratulations! I have my fingers crossed for you! x
    Wow! I am absolutely shocked about the lady after you. She must be absolutely gutted.

@Ruby16 You are such a sweetheart, did you know that!?
    It is absolutely wonderful that your brother has gotten clean, that would have been a huge step for him. WOW! That sounds like a lot of Vitamin D! I’m so glad it’s helping him.
    You’re most welcome! Family is definitely very stressful at times! *sigh*
    Don’t be sorry! I’m glad you don’t know much about it tbh. Thank you for sharing! His dog is gorgeous. Can you imagine walking around Australia!
    Haha. I haven’t watched The Brady Bunch in so long! It would be truly lovely if life were like that! All issues solved in one 25 minute episode. *sigh*
    Best of luck for tomorrow! xo

@Maxwellsmum Congratulations! Wishing you all the very best for a happy healthy pregnancy! xo

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsthomo For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (28-11-2015),Tanej78  (28-11-2015)