Closed Thread
Page 73 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thread crash alert

Hi ladies, I'm so sorry, I hope you don't mind me crashing your thread (I'm a secret occasional follower/admirer - I suspect you have a few! For some reason I find a lot of solace in this thread as I go thru IVF) ... I just noticed @Tahli commenting about folic acid and MTHFR ... I have the mutation too. My understanding is that the synthetic form (folic acid) actually binds more effectively to the relevant receptors than the active form (folate). This blocks the receptors a little in us who don't metabolise. So it is best to try and steer clear of folic acid. That's what my naturopath advised anyway. I'm sure it's not too big a deal... I suspect it's partly theoretical, I'm not sure how well studied MTHFR is. Good wishes and vibes to you all x

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Grace0908 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-12-2015),Blossom74  (13-12-2015),Gagingi  (11-12-2015),JulieMalooley  (12-12-2015),Tahli  (11-12-2015),winsor  (11-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagingi View Post
    @Green lady Wazza took me off Elevit and DH off Menovit. He just said it was overpriced and didn't have enough of what we need. He said to finish what we had as well as taking his list. What does Royal jelly do?
    @Gagingi - it's good for egg quality in the energy sense from what I've read. Full of different types of vit B. I bought some of the 1000mg capsules.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (13-12-2015),Gagingi  (11-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace0908 View Post
    Hi ladies, I'm so sorry, I hope you don't mind me crashing your thread (I'm a secret occasional follower/admirer - I suspect you have a few! For some reason I find a lot of solace in this thread as I go thru IVF) ... I just noticed @Tahli commenting about folic acid and MTHFR ... I have the mutation too. My understanding is that the synthetic form (folic acid) actually binds more effectively to the relevant receptors than the active form (folate). This blocks the receptors a little in us who don't metabolise. So it is best to try and steer clear of folic acid. That's what my naturopath advised anyway. I'm sure it's not too big a deal... I suspect it's partly theoretical, I'm not sure how well studied MTHFR is. Good wishes and vibes to you all x
    and prayers being sent to the Universe for you too Luv!!

You drop on by anytime you like

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (13-12-2015),Gagingi  (11-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Girls... so we hae 2 more that are frozen and being biopsied. . Let's hope they are normal. ... and all the implantation hurdles are also treated with intralipids .. pred etc.. so many hurdles to pass through

I got late in posting as I had to head to the hospital as I suspected mild ohss.. my stomach got really bloated ... I was looking like 5 months preggo. . But thankfully I didn't have symptoms like shortness of breath or nausea .. so they observed me and I had lots of liquids n I m back home now... they said to come back if anything else different happens...

This has happened first time with me .. any suggestions ? And does it effect implantation at all ? A bit worried...

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sue77 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (12-12-2015),Blossom74  (13-12-2015),Bongley  (12-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great work Bongley ! Thanks.. If u want you can add cycle stim cycle # 7 with my name ..

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sue77 For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (13-12-2015),Bongley  (12-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue77 View Post
    This has happened first time with me .. any suggestions ? And does it effect implantation at all ? A bit worried...
    @Sue77 I thought they wouldn't usually do an ET if too worried about OHSS - so I'd have thought they've decided it's okay? That said, I've heard of quite a few girls with severe OHSS who fell pregnant and got their miracles - just a rougher start. I was in hospital for a couple of nights after last EPU - fluids, obs and pain management. They still did 5-day transfer and FS said it wouldn't effect result (as he wouldn't do ET if it would). I had to check with FS before taking boosters, but ended up taking them and whilst the aggravated situation it could be managed at home and is now settling (maybe, a bit) at 6dp5dt. I was told to keep up fluids (3+ litres/day) and to get hospital-grade sustagen from pharmacy and eat plenty of protein (small meals often). Also ensure you keep yourself regular as that will impact bloating and comfort. I find De-gas capsules from the chemist helpful too. I was told to rest, but keep active (no mixed messages there!) - and wear compression stockings. Good luck with TWT and your own well-being.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (12-12-2015),Blossom74  (13-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue77 View Post
    Thanks Girls... so we hae 2 more that are frozen and being biopsied. . Let's hope they are normal. ... and all the implantation hurdles are also treated with intralipids .. pred etc.. so many hurdles to pass through

I got late in posting as I had to head to the hospital as I suspected mild ohss.. my stomach got really bloated ... I was looking like 5 months preggo. . But thankfully I didn't have symptoms like shortness of breath or nausea .. so they observed me and I had lots of liquids n I m back home now... they said to come back if anything else different happens...

2 for testing and the freezer is a wonderful result Luv!!! they come back Normal for you and DH!!!!

Oh no Luv!!!, that sounded a bit worrying for you!! Am glad that you're ok and it's not full blown OHSS. Believe it or not, I had late onset OHSS on my last Cycle and ended up in the hospital with mild/moderate OHSS I had free flowing fluid in my abdomen, headaches,nausea,excessive thirst, urine output that was dwindling and totally out of proportion to the amount I was drinking plus it turned a darker colour like apple juice, pain in my stomach.

I went to hospital when I was 17dpo and nearly fell off the bed when the doctor told me (did ultrasound of my abdomen etc) plus my ovaries were blown right up too!! Anyhoo...it obviously wasn't getting 8 eggs at EPU that caused it for me as I'd never had it after EPU on any other Cycle. It was the HCG from both getting a BFP and the Pregnyl shots (although I only took 2 of those after transfer) that set it off.

As you can see, it didn't affect implantation with me and I don't believe it does in general Luv. Can just make you really, really unwell. The Ladies prone to OHSS (one's who get a high number of eggs at EPU) need to be really vigilant about looking out for symptoms and getting themselves medical help asap if any do develop.

Just let them know at LB's office what's happened just in case she wants to stop the Pregnyl booster shots etc. And if any other symptoms do develop, go straight back to the hospital

Other than that Luv...... and prayers being sent your way for a BFFP over the coming days!!!! Am hoping your emby is snuggling in for the long haul right about now!!!

Grow Emby Grow!!!!

P.S.. I increased my protein levels and drank Sustagen type drinks (there are some cheaper brands you can get from the chemist) and sports drinks also to help..pretty much the same as @Gagingi.

Most definitely don't let yourself become constipated!!! Take something for it if it becomes a problem. I personally use Dulcolax drops if the situation becomes desperate (15-20 drops the night before) as I find they're more gentle on the stomach in terms of cramping you can sometimes get with laxatives.
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 12-12-2015 at 06:57.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (13-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Stalking for your poas update @ Tahli !! 😁

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (13-12-2015),Tahli  (12-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Bongley and thanks for the update. My cycle was number 14..

18. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (13-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @JulieMalooley 9.5dpo and stark white negative this morning. As you may remember, on my last cycle, it was later today that I got my squinter.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (12-12-2015),Blossom74  (13-12-2015),JulieMalooley  (12-12-2015),Lolly99  (12-12-2015)