Closed Thread
Page 69 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 690 of 913
  1. #681
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    3,515
    Thanks
    27,475
    Thanked
    13,884
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    @midnite01 the flights were horrible, all late, exceptionally stressful, qantas don't leave enough time to transfer between flights (just over an hour) leaving you to power walk/skippy run to get to the next terminal/flight. On one occasion I started cramping and had to sit down. My god did I feel guilty.
    Because it was 30c plus on the way back I didn't wear compression stockings and my feet and ankles blew up like a pufferfish. When I noticed all I could think about was DVT. I 'slept' with my feet elevated lastnight and it's helped abit. Anyway, there's not much I can do about it now.
    Before my transfer I asked Dr W how the 2 blasts were looking and he said "good. I'm happy to transfer them" and I said "good?" and he said "ok then, very good". And gave me a look to say, whatever you need to believe that helps you.
    Immediately post transfer he confirmed he doesn't believe in immune issues and there isn't anything that kills off embryos. Also that beside the Progynova for 10 days and Viagra for 3 there isn't anything else that can boost your lining. I asked what would happen if my lining stayed thin and he said the embryos just wouldn't stay implanted. And here's the kicker. He finished that sentiment with "we can only help 90% of woman and the other 10%"...he shrugged his shoulders. So I'm in the 10% of women with thin lining that he can't help.
    Its more than a tad hard to shake his comments.

    Far out, some of these FS's might be smart but they have absolutely NO sense of empathy for their patients! I know it's hard but I really do think positivity goes a long way, so try and put his insensitive comments to the back of your mind for now love. Just focus on those two little embies, snuggling into your lining and making themselves a nice comfy home.


    Blossom

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-12-2015),Tahli  (10-12-2015)

  3. #682
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    3,515
    Thanks
    27,475
    Thanked
    13,884
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by midnite01 View Post
    @Blossom74 i read somewhere that a normal pgd embie was the same success rates as a younger woman but its harder for us to get to a normal tested embie if that makes sense. I agree pgd testing is the way to go.

    Yeah, I guess at the end of the day luck has a lot to do with it. we get one or two good ones.


    Blossom

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-12-2015)

  5. #683
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    3,515
    Thanks
    27,475
    Thanked
    13,884
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    @Blossom74 At least I admit my crazy! I'm surprised you didn't hear the opening of my FRER packet!!

    I did get a slight twitch in my right eye at one point yesterday evening @Tahli. That must have been it!


    Blossom

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-12-2015),Corbes  (10-12-2015),Gagingi  (10-12-2015),Tahli  (10-12-2015)

  7. #684
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    3,515
    Thanks
    27,475
    Thanked
    13,884
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    These are some of the possible side effects Luv:

    Side effects. Most side effects are mild, like headache, fatigue, insomnia, and congestion. Because DHEA affects hormone levels, it can cause other symptoms. Women may have abnormal periods, acne, or mood changes. They might also take on masculine characteristics, such as facial hair or a deeper voice.

    I can tell you that they made me pretty damn moody in the beginning..there were quite a few moments of "hulking out" where I lost my sh!t at DP or fellow motorists (road rage/car park rage anybody??) until my body got used to them!!!

    They also gave me a bit of insomnia/occasional headaches. Don't worry too much about the "facial hair/masculine voice"...that's a really rare side effect. I took 75 mg's a day too.

    Good luck with your appointment too next week. I understand why you're going back. You have to do what feels right for you. Yes..definitely make sure you tell him what your terms and conditions are in respect to going forward with EPU etc.

    I don't think you can do PICSI/HA with TESA'd sperm. Couldn't when I Cycled because I tried. Don't know if things have changed since though??? My understanding is that you need mature sperm to use which TESA'd sperm isn't though I do know with PICSI they can use sperm that's been PESA'd or MESA'd.

    I wonder if IMSI would be an option?? Though there is some debate as to whether using high magnification to select the sperm before injecting into the egg gives better outcomes?? Unfortunately, options are limited with TESA'd sperm.


    Thanks @BIB! Good thing you put that disclaimer in about the facial hair/masculine voice, it was the first bit I focussed on and thought "Great, now I'm going to be fat and hairy and talk like a man. How attractive can one woman get!"

    I don't believe we did have PICSI but I think we did use ICSI. Does that sound right? Something about putting the sperm directly into the egg rather than letting the two meander around the petri dish playing Marco Polo!

    Apparently the DHEA takes 3 months to have the best effect. Being that I just started it yesterday that would put me at the end of Feb to start a cycle. DH said "But do we have that much time to waste?" My thoughts are though that we have to maximise any chance of success being that this is it for us. Surely 3 months won't make a significant difference? It's not like anything is going to happen over Christmas anyway....


    Blossom
    Last edited by Blossom74; 10-12-2015 at 07:02.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-12-2015),Petal40  (10-12-2015)

  9. #685
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    3,515
    Thanks
    27,475
    Thanked
    13,884
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Sue77, good luck for your transfer tomorrow.

    And everyone who will be POAS shortly - lots of baby dust to you all.

    Please forward stick pics by way of payment to the Stick Wh0re as they become available


    Blossom

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-12-2015),Lolly99  (10-12-2015),midnite01  (10-12-2015),Tahli  (10-12-2015)

  11. #686
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    3,515
    Thanks
    27,475
    Thanked
    13,884
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hiya @BIB,

    How's the transition to DC going with you and your LO?

    Hope it's happening smoothly for the both of you


    Blossom

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-12-2015)

  13. #687
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    8,620
    Thanks
    35,353
    Thanked
    19,765
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    Thanks @BIB! Good thing you put that disclaimer in about the facial hair/masculine voice, it was the first bit I focussed on and thought "Great, now I'm going to be fat and hairy and talk like a man. How attractive can one woman get!"

    I don't believe we did have PICSI but I think we did use ICSI. Does that sound right? Something about putting the sperm directly into the egg rather than letting the two meander around the petri dish playing Marco Polo!

    Apparently the DHEA takes 3 months to have the best effect. Being that I just started it yesterday that would put me at the end of Feb to start a cycle. DH said "But do we have that much time to waste?" My thoughts are though that we have to maximise any chance of success being that this is it for us. Surely 3 months won't make a significant difference? It's not like anything is going to happen over Christmas anyway....


    Blossom
    ICSI is right Luv. It's the only way of getting the sperm into the egg when it's come from a TESA procedure😊

    3 months to give the supplements time to be effective won't make a major difference IMO. Plus it gives you & DH a bit more breathing room to get the $ together.

    Is he on any supplements to try to maximise his sperm too?? Can give you Wazza's list for the boys that I had DP taking if you like??

    P.S....Good job the dunny is fixed as you're going to be pi$$ing like a race horse over the next couple of days!!! Those fluid pills work a treat!!!😁😁😁

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

    Blossom74  (10-12-2015)

  15. #688
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    8,620
    Thanks
    35,353
    Thanked
    19,765
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    Hiya @BIB,

    How's the transition to DC going with you and your LO?

    Hope it's happening smoothly for the both of you


    Blossom
    She's doing even better than I expected😊 Gives me the flick & is off doing her own thing as soon as I put her on the floor!!😁

    Only fly in the ointment is she's been pushed over twice by the same little boy on 2 seperate occasions😦 The carer's are quick to deal with it & comfort DD/ admonish him etc. The first time I was in the room to comfort her, the second time was on Tues this week & I was out of the room but spying through the glass window. Wanted to rush in to her but held back because I need to know they'll be able to comfort her effectively when she's distressed for whatever reason.

    I know it's normal behaviour at that age (exerting their authority over others plus learning about acceptable/unacceptable behaviour, empathy etc) but I feel she's just so vulnerable to those kinds of incidents until she's able to walk properly.

    Anyhoo...he's moving up to the next room in the New Year when she formally starts😊
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 10-12-2015 at 07:41.

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

    Blossom74  (10-12-2015),Summer  (10-12-2015),winsor  (10-12-2015)

  17. #689
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    3,515
    Thanks
    27,475
    Thanked
    13,884
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    ICSI is right Luv. It's the only way of getting the sperm into the egg when it's come from a TESA procedure������

    3 months to give the supplements time to be effective won't make a major difference IMO. Plus it gives you & DH a bit more breathing room to get the $ together.

    Is he on any supplements to try to maximise his sperm too?? Can give you Wazza's list for the boys that I had DP taking if you like??

    P.S....Good job the dunny is fixed as you're going to be pi$$ing like a race horse over the next couple of days!!! Those fluid pills work a treat!!!�������������� ����


    Bah ha ha ha ha Indeed, I am very pleased that has been attended to in preparation for the wee-a-thon I am about to have

    I have DH on a men's multivitamin but if there is anything else I should have him taking I'd appreciate the head's up. He is petrified we might get to the PGD stage and walk away with nothing, and recognises that anything we can do to maximise our chances of success is a good idea.

    I kind of like the idea of a couple of months off anyway. I know I don't have a lot of time to waste, but hey - I'm 41 now and I'll still be 41 in February, March, April, May and June. We must act before July though I think giving the DHEA 3 months to work is a good idea though.


    Blossom
    Last edited by Blossom74; 10-12-2015 at 07:51.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-12-2015),Summer  (10-12-2015)

  19. #690
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    3,515
    Thanks
    27,475
    Thanked
    13,884
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    She's doing even better than I expected������ Gives me the flick & is off doing her own thing as soon as I put her on the floor!!������

    Only fly in the ointment is she's been pushed over twice by the same little boy on 2 seperate occasions������ The carer's are quick to deal with it & comfort DD/ admonish him etc. The first time I was in the room to comfort her, the second time was on Tues this week & I was out of the room but spying through the glass window. Wanted to rush in to her but held back because I need to know they'll be able to comfort her effectively when she's distressed for whatever reason.

    I know it's normal behaviour at that age (exerting their authority over others plus learning about acceptable/unacceptable behaviour, empathy etc) but I feel she's just so vulnerable to those kinds of incidents until she's able to walk properly.

    Anyhoo...he's moving up to the next room in the New Year when she formally starts������


    I'm so pleased it's going well. She sounds like a very confident little girl and I think it's nice to know she has a bit of spunk about her

    It must be hard to watch when she gets pushed over though. It would be hard to watch at any time but especially as she's not quite up to the others strength wise that must be upsetting. You're right though, kids are VERY resilient and as long as her carer's are stepping up to the plate to comfort her I'm sure she will be ok.

    And all the physical therapy etc that you do with her - well, I'm sure she will be pushing right back pretty soon love!

    It certainly makes it easier knowing she is happy to go too. It would be so much worse if they had to wrench her from your arms each time.

    You're doing well BIB

  20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-12-2015),Gagingi  (10-12-2015),Summer  (10-12-2015),winsor  (10-12-2015)


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Babybee Prams
Save $50 in our pre-Christmas sale! All Comet's now only $500. Our bassinet & stroller set includes free shipping AUS wide, $75 free accessories, 18-months warranty & a 9 month free return policy. Check out our new designer range today!
sales & new stuffsee all
CarmelsBeautySecrets
Growing your own natural nails is easy. Years ago, I devised a simple and very effective technique which really helps boosts the nails' growth in as little as three days! And most importantly keeps them that way.
featured supporter
ProSwim
ProSwim Rostrevor runs learn to swim classes for children and adults. Lessons are run during the Summer months (Oct-Mar). Our indoor centre at Plympton Park has lessons all year round, including school holidays.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!