Closed Thread
Page 64 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have been talking melatonin for almost 2 years. . As BIB said it's for egg quality n u get the extra plus point of a good night's sleep too...

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sue77 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-12-2015),Blossom74  (09-12-2015),Green lady  (09-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    Yup, it was Melbourne Compounding Centre. The price might depend on the strength you need too perhaps? Mine were only 25mg.

Blossom
    Thanks @Blossom74 - same dosage and quantity - I take three/day. They were $110 (no postage) from the pharmacy downstairs from FS's office. I knew that pharmacy was expensive (and poor service), but that's outrageous. As I get through a bottle a month, it adds up. You've motivated me though and I'll shop around for other non-PBS cycle drugs.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (09-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Green lady View Post
    Question for the melatonin veterans - how long do you take it for? Do you take it just during stimms and stop when you stop stimms or do you keep taking up at EPU and then stop? I forgot to ask my FS
    I was told to take melatonin through to trigger and then give it a break, but Wazza said that was just to save money - it won't help or hinder at that point. I've taken it for over 6 months to help me sleep anyway, rather than hardcore sleeping tablets which aren't safe whilst TTC.

DHEA I was told to stop day before starting stimming and they didn't want me on them between cycles when I did the back-to-back cycles recently. Normally you restart if you get BFN.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-12-2015),Blossom74  (09-12-2015),Green lady  (09-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bongley. Crossing everything for a great week of growth for your embies.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SMJ For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (09-12-2015),Bongley  (09-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Green lady View Post
    Question for the melatonin veterans - how long do you take it for? Do you take it just during stimms and stop when you stop stimms or do you keep taking up at EPU and then stop? I forgot to ask my FS
    I took it until EPU. I had a drug sheet to follow and it wasn't on my list anymore. I also also forgot to ask but it kind of made sense to me. A bit sad because I actually loved a good sleep.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SMJ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Corbes View Post
    @midnite01 I can't remember having karotype bloods done, but maybe I did. Anyway we basically elected to do PGD, had the info session with the scientist (30mins), spoke to finance to sign the waiver that we knew costs and then we started our cycle. I think with PGD they have to do ICSI and also do assisted hatching at day 3. That way we were able to keep the door open until the 11th hour to decide whether we would do PGD testing. So basically day 5/6 scientists would call, advise how many blast/s we had, whether any were suitable for biopsy and then we gave a yes or no. We figured if we just ended up with one blast then we might save the $ because that one would have to go back in anyway, but everyone is different with their decision making process. Also we waited 3 weeks for the results after the first EPU (so we would have just made the first cycle after the stimm cycle), but chose to wait and delay transfer until we did another stimm cycle. The second time they took 5 weeks for results, so we well and truely missed our window for transfer after the first cycle after EPU so had to wait two full cycles for a FET. A lot of waiting around... Hope that helps
    @midnite01 - my process and timing was pretty much exactly the same as Corbes

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (09-12-2015),Corbes  (09-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @midnite01 - it does cost more to do PGD or PGS but my last cycle has proven to me that I need to do it at my age (42). I had two good grade hatching blasts last cycle that my FS said looked good and promising yet they both tested with one chromosomal abnormality each ( and not the main chromosomes like 18 or 21). I would have transferred both of those had I not tested and of course no pregnancy could have resulted. Lots of people over 40 don't do it and still have success, but that's not me, luck doesn't follow me around.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (09-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys. I think for us its worth it just to stop putting back normal looking but prob chrom abnormal embies. This year weve had cycle 1 chem and cycle 2 mc and low beta from 2 blasts so i think something isnt right there.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (09-12-2015),SMJ  (10-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by midnite01 View Post
    Quick query for those that had pgd testing how much was the karotype bt that you need done beforehand.
    I'm sorry I can't remember! My donor did the stim cycle and I managed to time an FET so the transfer was about a week after the results came back (which took 3 weeks, nearly 4)

Good luck

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (09-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @midnite01 - I agree - you clearly have had a lot of embryos which have implanted but not continued. I would think if you transferred a tested normal embryo your stats show you'd have a strong chance of it implanting

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-12-2015),Blossom74  (09-12-2015),Bongley  (09-12-2015),Corbes  (09-12-2015),midnite01  (09-12-2015)