Closed Thread
Page 5 of 101 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    Nice to know I have company in the leaky boat We spoke to our FS about sperm quality, and his view was that every sample is different. The first withdrawal of semen DH had was poor, both in volume and in quality. Our single egg failed to fertilise and the cycle was a complete bust.

The second withdrawal was also poor and they didn't think they had enough of a sample so called our FS in straight afterwards and he did a second withdrawal himself. He said to DH "I have big hands, this will work if I squeeze hard enough!" I like a FS with a good sense of humour, but DH was petrified!

That being said, he was true to his word, and got a sample with plenty of volume. So much so that they actually had enough left over to freeze 2 straws for future use. I can only presume the quality was good too, because our BFP came from that sample.

I really do think it depends on who does the procedure, and how well your DH is looking after himself at the time. For the first round DH did no preparation, but on our second round I had him on a men's multivitamin (which specifically mentioned it was designed to improve reproductive health) and wearing loose boxers for months prior to the withdrawal. I reckon it may have helped, but who knows?

Blossom
    Yep I'm here in the boat blossom. We just need to row a bit faster than some it seems 😀.

We also had a vial to freeze on each fresh cycle and we've used the frozen to create the last 3 viable embryos. They always say fresh is best when it comes to sperm but frozen embryos better than fresh ones.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caesardust For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-11-2015),Blossom74  (24-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think with LB they're about 20% with a day 5 embryo. With my day 3 embryo it was 10-15%. I'm also 40-41 years old.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-11-2015),Blossom74  (24-11-2015),midnite01  (24-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, I'm off on my business trip tomorrow morning girls, so I'll see you all on Thursday afternoon. Take care of yourselves, and each other

Blossom

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-11-2015),Bongley  (24-11-2015),Caesardust  (24-11-2015),Charlie74  (24-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by midnite01 View Post
    Do you ladies know success rates with ivf for 40-41 yr old? All stats i see is 40-42 yrs old of about 5-10% does that sound right?
    @midnite01 I think I was given a 10% chance at that age. Which I thought was well worth persuing so I was going hell for leather at that point, thus the 7 rounds of IVF in 2014-2015....
    Last edited by Bongley; 24-11-2015 at 20:23.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-11-2015),Blossom74  (26-11-2015),Countrygirl72  (24-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Greenlady if the adeno is small it shouldn't need treatment. If it continues to grow then they use drugs to suppress your hormones to make it shrink. I have heard of Zolodex, lucrin or the pill being used for this. The worst part about it is that you need to be on the drugs for at least 3 months for it to work. So no cycling and no chance of natural bfp's.

I have 2 adeno spots that were treated before I got my bfp but my adeno was large enough that it made the anterior side of my uterus bulky. Yours sounds like it hasn't got to that point yet. Supposedly large areas of adeno can affect implantation (the research is inconclusive here). There is also some suggestion that it can cause miscarriage because the affected area of uterus doesn't stretch like it should.
    I have heard of women getting a bfp without treatment and also people who didn't get pregnant until they were treated. I still had a bulky uterus (although smaller) when I had my first lining scan for my succesful cycle. I have since found out that both my embies implanted on the posterior side where there is no adeno. Maybe those embies were smart or maybe it was luck.

It certainly sounds like yours is in the early stages so I will keep my fingers crossed you get your bfp soon and don't need any treatment.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-11-2015),Blossom74  (26-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Faithandhopelove - thanks for that info. My FS isn't concerned about it at this stage as its one small round spot on its own but he did say he'd keep an eye on it to see if it grew. I don't seem to have a bulky lining at this stage - bit thin if anything. Fingers crossed it doesn't get worse. I'm too old for any more delays in doing IVF cycles ,

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-11-2015),Blossom74  (26-11-2015),faithandhopellove  (25-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by midnite01 View Post
    Do you ladies know success rates with ivf for 40-41 yr old? All stats i see is 40-42 yrs old of about 5-10% does that sound right?
    Yep that's right Luv...My FC's live birth rate for 40yrs was `11.something% though I believe Wazza's personal stats were probably slightly higher.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (26-11-2015),midnite01  (24-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys i think thats reinforced our plan of action for us. Last cycle next year before making the move to de.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-11-2015),Blossom74  (26-11-2015),Caesardust  (24-11-2015),Chiefsgirl  (25-11-2015),faithandhopellove  (25-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    Well, I'm off on my business trip tomorrow morning girls, so I'll see you all on Thursday afternoon. Take care of yourselves, and each other

Blossom

Have a swift and safe trip Luv!!!

See you when you get home!!!......

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (26-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesardust View Post
    Yep I'm here in the boat blossom. We just need to row a bit faster than some it seems ������.

We also had a vial to freeze on each fresh cycle and we've used the frozen to create the last 3 viable embryos. They always say fresh is best when it comes to sperm but frozen embryos better than fresh ones.
    It was DP's frozen TESA'd sperm that got us our BFP Luv so it's more than possible

I agree with @Blossom74's FS that samples can be different in terms of quality. Also the fact that TESA'd sperm isn't as mature as ejaculated sperm is an added obstacle but many, many BFP's have come from using TESA'd sperm both fresh and frozen

DP thankfully had what's considered in TESA'd sperm terms to be really good quality sperm. The Embryologist told me after the first aspiration that they expect the tails of TESA'd sperm to wave side to side fairly slowly but DP's were going hell for leather apparently!!!

The second time he had the procedure on Cycle 4 (Wazza did him that time), I'd had DP on Wazza's pharmacy of supplements that he recommends for the men to maximise sperm health for 6 months and apparently the quality of that sperm was slightly better than the first aspiration.

We got enough sperm both times to freeze 2 extra vials for future use. We don't know where DP's blockage is in his reproductive tract, but after Wazza gave him the works last time and checked for sperm in DP's Epididymis and Vas Deferens and found diddly squat, we've narrowed it down to most likely in the ejaculatory ducts or something like that.

At the time when we first found out about the Azoo and had a consult with a Urologist our original FS recommended we discussed possibly having microsurgery done to locate and repair the blockage but it was going to cost a sh!tload of $ with no guarantee that a) the blockage could be fixed or b) even if it could, it still may not have restored the flow enough to make conceiving naturally an option anyway so we put all our $ into IVF instead.
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 24-11-2015 at 21:22.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (26-11-2015),Caesardust  (25-11-2015)