Closed Thread
Page 48 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    Me too! My inner Stick Wh0re just wet her pants!!!
    Bahahahahaha! Sorry to do that to you guys! Wish it was a BFP but at least it is something positive to look at DH had a work Christmas party last night so didn't get home until the early hours, so I let him sleep in a bit, then when he woke up I send DSS out to play on his scooter, locked the bedroom door and jumped my hungover man! Hope those drunken sperm can find their way to the jackpot

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (05-12-2015),Blossom74  (05-12-2015),Bongley  (05-12-2015),Chiefsgirl  (05-12-2015),Gagingi  (05-12-2015),midnite01  (05-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sue77 that is a fabulous egg haul! Congrats on that great start and let's hope there is a good quality embie or two come out of that lot! Great that you had a nice night with DH as well, that always helps.

@Bongley I bet you can't wait until the follow up tomorrow, what a stressful cycle this one has turned out to be. Hoping it all gets underway for you ASAP and that this is the golden embie for you.

@Blossom74 that new FS sounds lovely and I second the other girls, if you feel more comfortable with him and the costs are not a lot different then go for it. You need to have as many people on your team that you feel are really wanting this to work for you as you can, and if he's it, then don't feel bad about changing FS. And your cakes look AMAZING! My Mum makes Christmas cakes that look like that. She's never taught me how to make them though, and as a mother she leaves a hell of a lot to be desired, so I don't think I'll be getting that family recipe anytime soon

@Tahli I'll be looking out for your updates! Hoping it's all coming together for you with SD2's super-dooper embies!

Hi to everyone else, hope you have a great weekend I'm still unpacking from moving - oh the joy

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (05-12-2015),Blossom74  (05-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by calypso75 View Post
    Welcome @Princesrory. Thank you for the advice re intralipids. I am a bit confused on the timing. Is it 1 hour of Intralipids at 100ml, then 1 hour at 100 ml, then 1 hour at 150 ml and the last hour at 150 ml? That is 4 hours so how long does the saline go for? I am currently FS shopping in Melbourne so trying to find out as much as possible about dosages.
    @Summer I also thought you were about to announce a bfp. You look good to go to me.
    @Sue77 all the best for epu. I didn't realise it was your 7th time. Hopefully it will be your last. I hope you made good use of room service at your hotel last night.
    @Tahli have a safe flight and come back with your 2 stowaways.

Hi @calypso75 - the way it was explained to me by the nurse was that intralipids (or TPN for patients with poor nutrition!) can be extremely irritating to veins. Particularly when adminstered through a peripheral line (which is the technical distinction for a short cannula in your arm). Normally if we give this to malnourished people in hospital, we put in a PICC line so it is fed into a much bigger vein (subclavian vein or supra vena cava).

So to make sure there's not too much irritation they infuse it with normal saline. They start off slowly at 100ml/hr and if everything is fine after 15 mins with the cannula, then they will increase the rate to 150ml/hr. Alongside this, through a 3-way tap, is the normal saline running at a constant 100ml/hr.

So all up I had 500ml of 20% intralipid and probably only 450ml of normal saline. It took about 3.5hrs of infusion time.

As to the total dose, well, I suspect that Wazza was hammering me because my numbers are well over the 75 centile (prob closer to the 98 centile). Don't know what I've been doing, but I am clearly a natural killer!

Whether they give smaller doses for lesser NK levels, I don't know. I'll ask Wazza next time I see him.

My advice is to go with whatever protocol the FS you feel most comfortable with says. It's not main****** medicine and immunology is a very crude field, let alone reproductive immunology, so the evidence isn't robust. Though just because there's a lack of evidence, doesn't mean it doesn't work.

It just frustrates me how little formal research is being done on all of this. If I ran QFG....!
    Last edited by princessrory; 05-12-2015 at 14:02. Reason: spelling boo-boo

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to princessrory For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (05-12-2015),Blossom74  (05-12-2015),calypso75  (05-12-2015),Charlie74  (05-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Double post. So sorry!
    Last edited by princessrory; 05-12-2015 at 14:03. Reason: Double post. Newbie doofus.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to princessrory For This Useful Post:

Gagingi  (05-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by princessrory View Post
    Double post. So sorry!
    @princessrory I was at St A's for an infusion yesterday and I'm with Wazza too - we might have crossed paths . It sounds like we had exactly the same intralipid protocol/rates. I don't know my NK levels, as Wazza started me on intralipids as I have Adenomyosis and Endo which are associated with immune issues too. Not sure what my NK cell levels are...

I agree there needing to be more research, but having done health research I can imagine the ethics nightmare that would be, and I for one wouldn't sign up for a control group where I may or may not get the treatment, so I don't think it will happen. Thank god for Wazza!
    Last edited by Gagingi; 05-12-2015 at 19:44.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (05-12-2015),Blossom74  (05-12-2015),princessrory  (06-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sue77 - great egg haul - good start. I know all about the drops off - hopefully you can get a few good ones.
    @Gagingi - that's all sounds pretty good to me! I did the HA ICSI both cycles which I think is the same thing as PICSI, even though DH has no apparent sperm issues form two tests so far but I figure do everything I can to get the best chance. How did you get your PGD results back so quick? Mine took 3 weeks again this cycle - but was a day 5 biopsy and was a full chromosome screening.

fingers crossed you get another normal to freeze. I'm doing 300 menopur with melatonin this cycle .

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (05-12-2015),Blossom74  (05-12-2015),Gagingi  (05-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by midnite01 View Post
    @Summer you got me excited first of all i thought it was a positive hpt!!
    Me too !!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (05-12-2015),Summer  (05-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #22

Wow @Sue77 what a haul, congratulations !
    Good luck and safe travels @Tahli, this trip will be your last I'm betting. Will be stalking for updates.
    Happy birthday @infinity888, spoil yourself and NO housework. @Bongley, you're sounding a lot saner than I would be in your shoes. Nice work keeping it together.
    Good luck @Gagingi, sorry to hear you had all those issues after EPU but sounds like you got through it ok.. And congrats on being PUPO !!
    Welcome @princessrory ! 1100 calories? They never told me that, mind you on top of the prednisone bloat what's a bit more... Still waiting for it all to drop off me but I've only been off the prednisone and hormones for a week now.
    And what a crap week it's been. I was likened to a snapping crocodile a few nights ago. Poor DP. He's so nice about the way he tries to tell me to pull my head in, even when I can see myself being horrible I just can't stop. I'm fatigued, unmotivated, feeling crappy, headaches coming and going, over worked and just generally bleh. But, I'm 13 weeks now so should be feeling great. I'm not.
    Last edited by JulieMalooley; 05-12-2015 at 15:59.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (05-12-2015),Blossom74  (05-12-2015),Bongley  (05-12-2015),Gagingi  (05-12-2015),winsor  (05-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sue77 what a great result. Holding on hope that you get lots of viable embies from the batch x

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Caesardust For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (05-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    congrats @Sue77! great numbers. for your fert results. rest up now

20. The Following User Says Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (05-12-2015)