Closed Thread
Page 41 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls. I've been reading the thread on my phone each morning. My heart lifts one minute for the good news and the next is just despondent. This is an emotional roller coaster that I've just boarded. I understand that now. I have been going along following instructions of times triggers pick up... I was super excited to get 13 embies and one transfer. I sort of hoped as there were quite a few graded at 5 that at least some could be frozen. I emailed FS and he replied sadly none were able to be frozen. I feel shattered and am telling myself this is nothing compared to everything people are going through. I'm currently on 2WW. Its pretty tough as all I can think about is our little storm trooper in there- what if it was always a dud too. I'm a performer and am in the middle of a season. Trying to keep my mind off everything. Sorry for the rant @Blossom I make my cake 6 months before. Its a great fudgey thing. Happy to share recipe should anyone desire a July cook .

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SMJ For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (04-12-2015),Blossom74  (04-12-2015),Chiefsgirl  (05-12-2015),winsor  (04-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    welcome @SMJ. sorry there were no frosties this time if it's any consolation my nurse said to expect none when over 40, as it would be unlikely. so then any that are frozen are a bonus. of course I always hoped for some/more too to have more chances (/possible future siblings) but it wasn't to be. I really hope your onboard embie is your take home bub.
    Last edited by winsor; 04-12-2015 at 11:14.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (04-12-2015),Blossom74  (04-12-2015),Bongley  (04-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi @SMJ it's about as rollercoastery as it can get, besides the actual thing

Really sorry to hear you didn't get any frozen embryos. I never used to get any either. After a few cycles I got used to the phone call telling me there weren't any as my expectations had dropped, so in that respect it did get easier.

Those ones that didn't make it are no reflection of the one on board, it's the best of the bunch and that's what we're all aiming to transfer. The best one. How was it looking on day 5 when it was transferred? My BFP was an early grade 2 blastocyst so nothing to write home about

Good luck and hope you get through the next few weeks ok. Will you POAS?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (04-12-2015),Blossom74  (04-12-2015),winsor  (04-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SMJ View Post
    Hi girls. I've been reading the thread on my phone each morning. My heart lifts one minute for the good news and the next is just despondent. This is an emotional roller coaster that I've just boarded. I understand that now. I have been going along following instructions of times triggers pick up... I was super excited to get 13 embies and one transfer. I sort of hoped as there were quite a few graded at 5 that at least some could be frozen. I emailed FS and he replied sadly none were able to be frozen. I feel shattered and am telling myself this is nothing compared to everything people are going through. I'm currently on 2WW. Its pretty tough as all I can think about is our little storm trooper in there- what if it was always a dud too. I'm a performer and am in the middle of a season. Trying to keep my mind off everything. Sorry for the rant @Blossom I make my cake 6 months before. Its a great fudgey thing. Happy to share recipe should anyone desire a July cook .

Hi @SMJ and welcome to the roller coaster love! Yep, the IVF journey is full of ups and downs (sadly, probably more downs than ups at our age) but whilst we may have no money left and no sanity, we all still have hope and that's what's most important

I'm very sorry to hear about the lack of frosties for you this cycle. I only had one myself last cycle, and whilst I did get my BFP, sadly I lost the pregnancy. There is not a woman on here who wouldn't understand what you're feeling love. There's also not a woman on here who wouldn't like that cake recipe either, so please do feel free to post it

Right now you are PUPO - congratulations! And as the others have said, your little emby, all snuggled in, was the best of the bunch. Remember love, you only need one to make a baby. Let's hope this is the one for you hey. the next two weeks go quickly for you. We all know the torture of the 2WW!

Good luck love,

Blossom

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (04-12-2015),Bongley  (04-12-2015),calypso75  (04-12-2015),winsor  (04-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, the Christmas cakes are in the oven! they both turn out ok. I was planning giving one to Mum and Dad so I'm hoping they both come out looking beautiful.

I almost forgot! I have my FS appointment today at 4pm! I'm off to write up a list of questions so I can be prepared....

Blossom

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (04-12-2015),Bongley  (04-12-2015),midnite01  (04-12-2015),winsor  (04-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Blossom74 good luck with your cakes although I suspect you dont need it as you seem to be quite the chef i think. I really hope you get to have an informative fs appointment today that leads to your take home baby. Xx

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to infinity888 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (04-12-2015),Blossom74  (04-12-2015),winsor  (04-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    Well, the Christmas cakes are in the oven! they both turn out ok. I was planning giving one to Mum and Dad so I'm hoping they both come out looking beautiful.

I almost forgot! I have my FS appointment today at 4pm! I'm off to write up a list of questions so I can be prepared....

Blossom
    I can imagine the smells emanating from your oven Luv!!😀 Delish!!!!

Good Luck at your appoint this arvo too. Don't be afraid to be putting him through his paces either!!

You're the one interviewing him for the position of FS so keep those questions coming!!!😁

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (04-12-2015),calypso75  (04-12-2015),winsor  (04-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @SMJ. I hope the one you have in board is the one for you.

All the best for this afternoon @Blossom74. I hope you walk out with a bit of hope and can get financial assistance.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to calypso75 For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (04-12-2015),midnite01  (04-12-2015),winsor  (04-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by SMJ View Post
    None of our excess embryo's were ever of a good enough quality to freeze either & God it used to pi$$ me off & upset me!!

Felt like such a waste of potential BFP's not to mention knowing we'd have to go through it all over again & find the $ from somewhere if the Cycle was a bust😐

Agree with @Bongley that the one you have on board isn't necessarily a dud just because the others weren't suitable to be frozen. Nor does it mean your excess embryo's were all crap either just because they couldn't be frozen. It just means they weren't of a high enough quality to survive the freezing and/or thawing process.

The 2WTorture is hell Luv but I'm crossing everything, sending lots of babydust & a prayer the Universe's way that you're heading for a BFFP!!!😊

What day are you now?? Please do feel free to post that cake recipe as well!! Sounds divine!!😊

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (04-12-2015),Chiefsgirl  (05-12-2015),winsor  (04-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It does annoy me though when some ivf virgins are moaning about only getting 15 eggs or so and only 3-4 blasts for the freezer. That would be an amazing cycle in my books.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (04-12-2015),Blossom74  (04-12-2015),Caesardust  (04-12-2015),Charlie74  (04-12-2015),Corbes  (04-12-2015),Lolly99  (04-12-2015),winsor  (04-12-2015)