Closed Thread
Page 4 of 101 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Blossom74 im here in the back ground. Popping in and out when i can. Thankyou so much for asking after me. Im back at work so not as much free time now lol your dinner last night looked amazing. That would definitely be a money spinner down at the weekend markets. Baking will earn you another round of ivf for sure.

@Charlie74 fx they still call tonight or that its better than expected news tomorrow.

@midnite01 thinking of you. Your bt roller coaster must be doing your head in.

Hello to all the other ladies. 😙

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to infinity888 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-11-2015),Blossom74  (24-11-2015),Charlie74  (24-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    Just tried calling Monash to try and get thru to embryology... And they're closed... So no way of getting thru to them now..
    @Charlie74 - I don't know if you're in Brisbane or not but I know Monash here closes at 4 but is open at either 7.30 or 8 in the morning.
    The fact they haven't called you means you must still have some embryos going that they are letting grow to day 6 which is good. If you had none still going they would have rung you today to tell you that I'm sure. So sit tight til tomorrow morning and if they don't ring you ring them first thing.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-11-2015),Blossom74  (24-11-2015),Charlie74  (24-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Precious40 View Post
    Same as you. EDA. But in WA and my clinic we had to wait out the six month cooling off period. Which is the middle of December
    We are allowed to start cycling end of first week in Decmeber
    @Precious40 yay! Another EDA success story
    @Tahli I love those embryoscope, fascinating. Those blasties sure look keen.
    @Blossom74 well hello AF, glad things are getting back on track anyway. @Summer Sounds like we have all synced up! I am on day 3 of meds
    @Green lady I hope it's not too big a hurdle for you. I'm sick of all the hoops too (and mountains!).
    @Charlie74 ah bugger!!! Fingers crossed for tomorrow

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-11-2015),Blossom74  (24-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies thanks for asking about me. We also have a less than 5% chance of nat pregnancy. It hasnt happened in last almost 20 yrs so not holding my breath. The way my bt are delaying things we wont be cycling until early next year as well.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you ladies know success rates with ivf for 40-41 yr old? All stats i see is 40-42 yrs old of about 5-10% does that sound right?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-11-2015),Blossom74  (24-11-2015),Corbes  (24-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesardust View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you except my dp tried to have a reversal earlier this year but it wasn't possible. The tubes were too high in his abdomen so we paid the phi excess of $800 and he was bedridden for 2 weeks for nothing.

I wonder about the quality of the samples they get with biopsy now I've had 5 failures. No one ever said there was an issue with the sperm however they haven't told me much so who knows.

My dp has triplets to his ex so there was no issue with them combined. It was natural too. Of course she has five children to two different fathers that she has left and is on welfare. No further comment.

Nice to know I have company in the leaky boat We spoke to our FS about sperm quality, and his view was that every sample is different. The first withdrawal of semen DH had was poor, both in volume and in quality. Our single egg failed to fertilise and the cycle was a complete bust.

The second withdrawal was also poor and they didn't think they had enough of a sample so called our FS in straight afterwards and he did a second withdrawal himself. He said to DH "I have big hands, this will work if I squeeze hard enough!" I like a FS with a good sense of humour, but DH was petrified!

That being said, he was true to his word, and got a sample with plenty of volume. So much so that they actually had enough left over to freeze 2 straws for future use. I can only presume the quality was good too, because our BFP came from that sample.

I really do think it depends on who does the procedure, and how well your DH is looking after himself at the time. For the first round DH did no preparation, but on our second round I had him on a men's multivitamin (which specifically mentioned it was designed to improve reproductive health) and wearing loose boxers for months prior to the withdrawal. I reckon it may have helped, but who knows?

Blossom

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by infinity888 View Post
    @Blossom74 im here in the back ground. Popping in and out when i can. Thankyou so much for asking after me. Im back at work so not as much free time now lol your dinner last night looked amazing. That would definitely be a money spinner down at the weekend markets. Baking will earn you another round of ivf for sure.

Thanks love I posted the recipe back on our previous thread for anyone who is interested. Glad to hear you're keeping busy.

Blossom

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by midnite01 View Post
    Do you ladies know success rates with ivf for 40-41 yr old? All stats i see is 40-42 yrs old of about 5-10% does that sound right?

Yup, I was given a 5-10% chance of it working, and I'm 41. And hey, I did get my BFP, so it IS possible. But the odds are certainly something to consider, amongst many other things, before deciding to commit to another round.

Blossom

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-11-2015),midnite01  (24-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by midnite01 View Post
    Hi ladies thanks for asking about me. We also have a less than 5% chance of nat pregnancy. It hasnt happened in last almost 20 yrs so not holding my breath. The way my bt are delaying things we wont be cycling until early next year as well.

You have another BT Friday, is that right? Here's hoping it is definitive for you love, one way or the other

Blossom

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks luv. Just a pain its dragging out. Did another hpt yesterday and its darker grhh.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post: