Closed Thread
Page 32 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by winsor View Post
    good luck with your scans. I hope you get an idea of their gender, or are you waiting for a surprise?

I think the pause is for the parents - waiting 5-10mins for the bubs to settle themselves back to sleep as part of them learning to sleep without interruptions. (but I could have misunderstood it - I haven't tried it, I'm sure it's not as easy as that!)
    Thanks @winsor, we are leaving in about 15 minutes. Scan goes from 3pm to 4.30 QLD time - seems like a lot of time to just measure them ?? We definitely want to find out genders whenever we can. I think it will make it easier for me to start to bond with them as it's not really happening for me yet. Its always going to be a surprise whether that surprise is now, or in 6 months time so I see no point in waiting. Having said that, if they give us an indication today, it will still be iffy at this early stage..

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (02-12-2015),Blossom74  (02-12-2015),winsor  (02-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    good luck @JulieMalooley ! I am pretty sure finding out the sexes will really help with bonding.

I'll have to decide if I want to find out again next week at my transfer..........

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (02-12-2015),Blossom74  (02-12-2015),winsor  (02-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Corbes View Post
    Hi girls, so my mate who I inquired about on this board re antibiotics for ureaplasma had her fresh transfer a week or so back. Convinced her cycle was a bust she had her bloods done today at 16dpo and has HCG of 34. Could this be a late implanter for her and therefore should she have hope? I know it's all about the doubling time, stupid clinic has her repeat bloods scheduled for Saturday (3 days away is just torture, 2 days is hard enough me thinks). Anyway I want to get excited for her. What do you think, possible or improbable? Anyone have any good stories to share?
    She's 41, NK cells, doing all the immunology protocol stuff, clexane, prendisilone, intrepillids etc. 4th full stimm cycle. This is the first time she has gotten any HCG reading.
    Thanks!
    Don't know Luv, it really could go either way IMO. At 16dpo you'd expect the levels to be at least triple what they are at but if it's a late implanter, it would all make sense Something either is happening or has tried to happen so in that respect, it shows that all the immune stuff has helped.

She's going to have to hold on until her next BT as that's what's going determine things for her I think. Fruck waiting until Saturday!! I'd be off to the GP on Fri morning for an urgently marked BT (or GP the arvo/evening before to at least get the pathology request form for the next day)

and prayers being sent her way!!!
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 02-12-2015 at 15:27.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (02-12-2015),Bongley  (02-12-2015),Corbes  (02-12-2015),JulieMalooley  (02-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes, it's hard to say @Corbes. I hope for her sake she's just a low HCG level lady and the numbers are on the way up not down. sounds positive that implantation worked though. good luck

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (02-12-2015),Bongley  (02-12-2015),Corbes  (02-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieMalooley View Post
    Thats what worries me @Blossom74 - what if we can't get into a routine. What if we have difficult babies (twice the trouble, half the sleep). What's going to happen when I need to start working again. I can't just take 12 months off unfortunately. I'm going to have to maybe make it 4 months max, then go back a couple of days a week, then more etc. The rest of my dept are in a panic trying to learn how to support the stuff I've always looked after and I've made it clear to them that I can't just be at the end of a phone whenever they are desperate. Not with twins and no sleep to contend with.
    I don't like the idea of putting small babies into child care. Maybe I should have more faith in my DP. If it comes to that, he will have to be the one not working. We just need to get to a point where we have the sleep issues sorted and that one of us can cope alone with two babies. I know there are single mums coping with twins just fine, but I can't imagine that being me.

Sorry Julie, I do understand how anxious you must be I guess I just get stuck on the 'how wonderful' part and kind of can't see past that!

You're right, it IS going to be a lot of hard work. The good thing is you have, what, 5 months or so to plan for it now? I'd buy every book under the sun about caring for twins, how to set sleep patterns, best way to feed two bubbas etc. Get a plan in place before they come, so that when you're sore and emotional after birth you have something to refer to.

Is there anyone you could ask to come and stay with you after the babies arrive? A relative or friend who might be able to come for the first week or two and be your helper? Even if all they do is take the babies for a walk so you can eat and have a shower, that little bit of peace might be what you need to get through the day.

I'm sure DP will be a great help too. Yep, money is tight at the best of times and I presume after the babies come that will be the case also. Obviously one of you has to work so I guess that's whomever earns the biggest wage? Is there any way you or DP can work some from home? That way even if the twins don't co-operate during daytime hours, one of you could do some work at night.

Hugs hon, I didn't mean to trivialize things for you. I'm sure you have a whole lot on your mind at the moment

Hope your scan goes well this afternoon, and can't wait to hear all about it!

Blossom

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (02-12-2015),winsor  (02-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Corbes View Post
    Hi girls, so my mate who I inquired about on this board re antibiotics for ureaplasma had her fresh transfer a week or so back. Convinced her cycle was a bust she had her bloods done today at 16dpo and has HCG of 34. Could this be a late implanter for her and therefore should she have hope? I know it's all about the doubling time, stupid clinic has her repeat bloods scheduled for Saturday (3 days away is just torture, 2 days is hard enough me thinks). Anyway I want to get excited for her. What do you think, possible or improbable? Anyone have any good stories to share?
    She's 41, NK cells, doing all the immunology protocol stuff, clexane, prendisilone, intrepillids etc. 4th full stimm cycle. This is the first time she has gotten any HCG reading.
    Thanks!

Hiya Corbes

I'm a bit of a realist and a firm believer in not wanting to build people up too high and then letting them have a big fall.

If it were me, I'd say something along the lines of "Well, it looks like something is definitely trying to happen for you, lets wait and see what news the next BT brings. I hope it's good news!"

I'd refrain from great declarations such as "Congratulations, you're definitely pregnant!"

Three days is a hard wait. Hey, two days is bl@@dy hard too. I really hope that this IS it for your friend, but I'd be cautious getting too excited just yet. I know that probably sounds harsh, but ideally you would want HCG to be a little higher than what hers is I think.

Fingers crossed love I hope I'm being overly cautious and you can take great joy in coming back to me in three days time and telling me to jam my advice, lol

Blossom

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (02-12-2015),Bongley  (02-12-2015),Corbes  (02-12-2015),midnite01  (02-12-2015),winsor  (02-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    @JulieMalloolley, have sent u a link to a YouTube video for future reference! Let me know if you get it ok. This paediatrician seems to be onto something when it comes to settling teeny babies! Just randomly came up on my Facebook..

Was going to put the link on here...well actually I did post it.. But it posts the actual video and it's a pic of a teeny baby and I don't want it to be upsetting to anyone that's had a loss recently... Have tried to delete it and just sent it privately to JM.. Hopefully will be gone when I re-post after editing...

Just wanted to let you know @Charlie, that I myself have no concerns with you posting pictures of babies.

Sometimes I do feel a bit sad when I see them, but it's a sweet sort of pain if that makes sense. I still love looking at babies and their little squishy faces and tiny little fingers, even if I don't have one myself

Thanks for the consideration though. I'm sure there are others who may not feel as I do and it's nice you thought of everyone's feelings.

Blossom

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (02-12-2015),Bongley  (02-12-2015),Charlie74  (02-12-2015),winsor  (02-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    JM You must have had your scan by now... Waiting for your results ...

Midnite01 sorry love .. As JM said, is leaving the medication not an option?

A big hello and welcome to Countrygirl72 and all the new lovlies... This thread is very very supportive in this stressful journey

BIB we totally understand that you do have family commitments especially with a toddler. In fact you have been EXTREMLEY HELPFUL AND SUPPORTIVE for all of us. Take care love and hope the slow transitioning of your dd goes really smoothly. Please Try to post whenever you can sneak out some time as this thread is incomplete without your sound advice and loving posts...

Hello Charlie 74 Blossom74 and Bongley... How did u go Bongley?

Chiefsgirl. Thanks for your reply in regards to intralipids.

Corbes I really hope your friend has a late implanter....

AFM

Had my scan today

Today is my last injection. I trigger tomorrow and egg pick is on Saturday.

We had abt 9 between 16mm and 21mm and abt 4 at 15 mm. I was thinking they would trigger tonight with one egg being 21. May be LB wants the 15 mm ones to mature as well. But then I was thinking isint the21mm egg ready for pick up. Hopefully she has worked out everything as I don't one to lose the mature ones.

Also .. Monash doesn't provide rooms at Epworth Hawthorn for DH 's sample on Saturday , so we are told to make our own arrangements... May be book a hotel closer to the place.... But that's kind of weird. ... After paying so much $ , they can't provide the service on a Sat.... It's no different to other days... Anyways...

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sue77 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (02-12-2015),Blossom74  (02-12-2015),Chiefsgirl  (02-12-2015),Corbes  (02-12-2015),JulieMalooley  (02-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sue77 I don't think the big ones would be lost at that size, wow you have an amazing range there!! I hope to be triggering tomorrow too but I really don't know yet. I have kept an eye on the OPKs and absolutely no sign of a natural ovulation and my follicles must be getting big by now, will find out tomorrow at the scan!
    @Corbes yeah I'd be cautious but she may as well be a bit hopeful over the next few days.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (02-12-2015),Blossom74  (02-12-2015),Corbes  (02-12-2015),Sue77  (02-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #22

Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    Sorry Julie, I do understand how anxious you must be I guess I just get stuck on the 'how wonderful' part and kind of can't see past that!

You're right, it IS going to be a lot of hard work. The good thing is you have, what, 5 months or so to plan for it now? I'd buy every book under the sun about caring for twins, how to set sleep patterns, best way to feed two bubbas etc. Get a plan in place before they come, so that when you're sore and emotional after birth you have something to refer to.

Is there anyone you could ask to come and stay with you after the babies arrive? A relative or friend who might be able to come for the first week or two and be your helper? Even if all they do is take the babies for a walk so you can eat and have a shower, that little bit of peace might be what you need to get through the day.

I'm sure DP will be a great help too. Yep, money is tight at the best of times and I presume after the babies come that will be the case also. Obviously one of you has to work so I guess that's whomever earns the biggest wage? Is there any way you or DP can work some from home? That way even if the twins don't co-operate during daytime hours, one of you could do some work at night.

Hugs hon, I didn't mean to trivialize things for you. I'm sure you have a whole lot on your mind at the moment

Hope your scan goes well this afternoon, and can't wait to hear all about it!

Blossom
    Thx @Blossom74 yes we have DP's father but everyone else works in our families. DP will take however many months off if need be, and yes I'm the one who should be going back to work and he stay at home but of course he's unpaid when not working whereas I have about 45 weeks of leave I can take. Due to our work environment I can't just be off for 45 weeks and I don't want to anyway. I have the option of flexible hours and working from home so we are lucky in that regard too.
    Anyway, scan was perfect as always, both measuring exactly to the day and both had heart rates of 155. She thinks they are both girls but only a 77% chance of being right for each one this early on. I kind of thought we'd have two girls so no surprise to me but I really hoped we'd have at least one boy.
    Good luck @Sue77, sounds like you'll get a good batch. What, they can't find someone to operate the dad player on a Saturday ?. Jeez, it shouldn't be that hard !

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (02-12-2015),Blossom74  (02-12-2015),Corbes  (02-12-2015),Sue77  (02-12-2015),Summer  (02-12-2015),winsor  (02-12-2015)