Closed Thread
Page 27 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks heaps @Bongley and @winsor. Communication is definitely not CFCs strong point that's for sure.
    Good luck for Thursday Bongley. I wonder if this will be you on the weekend...

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-12-2015),Blossom74  (01-12-2015),JulieMalooley  (01-12-2015),midnite01  (01-12-2015),winsor  (01-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    Thanks heaps @Bongley and @winsor. Communication is definitely not CFCs strong point that's for sure.
    Good luck for Thursday Bongley. I wonder if this will be you on the weekend...
    Hehehe, you know I don't know if we will????!! I am SO scared of twins, even though I know the chances are so low.

For what it's worth I think my intralipids were 200mls too. I was hoping for a scan today to check my lining but nup. When is your next scan to check your lining @Tahli?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-12-2015),Blossom74  (01-12-2015),Tahli  (01-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesardust View Post
    Thank you for your correspondence regarding access to IVF services and the Turnbull Government’s proposed changes to the Medicare safety nets. I share your concerns about the impact that these changes will have which is why Labor will not be supporting them when they are debated in the Senate later today.

The very intention of the safety net is to recognise that some patients need greater access to medical services, often due to a significant health event in any one year, and are designed to ensure patients in circumstances like yours don’t face significant out-of-pocket costs so that you can get access to the medical services you need.

I do want to say that in considering the proposed changes to the Medicare safety nets, Labor does believe that the existing arrangements are complicated and are not as well targeted as they could be. So we would be open to considering sensible reforms that better target the safety nets and make them more accessible. But the changes the government is looking to make will have a seriously adverse impact on hundreds of thousands of Australians – especially those requiring ongoing access to psychiatrists, radiation oncology patients, and people accessing assisted reproductive technology services.

Unfortunately, the policy of the Turnbull Government has been designed simply to cut costs from the health system which has well and truly been a theme of this government, having cut more than $60 billion from public hospitals, hundreds of millions from preventive health and public dental programs, and its ongoing GP Tax through its Medicare indexation freeze which in itself represents a cut to Medicare of some $2 billion.

For what it’s worth, when Labor introduced Medicare more than 30 years ago, then Prime Minister Bob Hawke warned that without it more than 2 million people “faced potential financial ruin in the event of major illness”. Today, because of Labor, we have one of the best health systems in the world. By OECD standards Australia has a relatively modest expenditure on health and gets extremely good outcomes, having one of the highest life expectancies in the world. It is important that the universality of Australia’s health system continues and that the Medicare safety net remain accessible to those who need it most.

These changes are yet to be considered before the Senate, but I can assure you that Labor will continue to oppose them there, consistent with our belief that every Australian should have access to the highest quality of care, regardless of where they live and regardless of their capacity to pay.

I wish you and your family well and please let me know if I can be of any help to you.

Yours sincerely

Catherine King
    Shadow Minister for Health

What?! So the response I got was not a personalised letter especially for me?!

Lol, just kidding. It was a response at least, unlike the other two people I emailed who did not bother to respond - as yet....

Blossom

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bongley there's not one single day that goes by that I don't question having two embryos transferred for exactly the same reason. Only lastnight I was toying with the idea of going back to a single transfer with SD2s embryos. But I had two transferred last month and didn't end up with a single baby let alone twins!! Buuuut I totally get it, esp with one lively, cheeky, little boy already.
    I only have the one lining scan. I could pay $85 and have another one on Friday, the day before I fly out, but I think it would add to my stress levels considerably. I'm at Monashs minimum for transfer and its not looking like I can do much about it at the moment so I'm just going to have to go with the flow.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-12-2015),Blossom74  (01-12-2015),Bongley  (01-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bongley there's not one single day that goes by that I don't question having two embryos transferred for exactly the same reason. Only lastnight I was toying with the idea of going back to a single transfer with SD2s embryos. But I had two transferred last month and didn't end up with a single baby let alone twins!! Buuuut I totally get it, esp with one lively, cheeky, little boy already.
    I only have the one lining scan. I could pay $85 and have another one on Friday, the day before I fly out, but I think it would add to my stress levels considerably. I'm at Monashs minimum for transfer and its not looking like I can do much about it at the moment so I'm just going to have to go with the flow.
    Well, for what its worth I thought 6.8 a week before transfer sounded on track to me so I'm sure you'll be right! Easy for me to though and I can understand not wanting to put yourself through more stress.

Yeah, I think I would lose my mind with two. I did one of those silly facebook quizzes "How many children could you look after?" Came up with......

"You could look after no children!
    Your free space is something you value highly and you're not yet ready for children. This could change in time. But even if it doesn't, you're still a wonderful person just as you are!"

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-12-2015),Blossom74  (01-12-2015),winsor  (01-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Corbes View Post
    Thankfully this did not get through today...

http://m.smh.com.au/federal-politics...01-glcamf.html

Thank God. Thank God some people saw the unfairness of it. And not just for IVF patients, but for chronically sick people as well. Nice to see that our voices were heard.

Blossom

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-12-2015),Bongley  (01-12-2015),Charlie74  (01-12-2015),Corbes  (01-12-2015),Gagingi  (01-12-2015),Tahli  (01-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Corbes View Post
    Thankfully this did not get through today...

http://m.smh.com.au/federal-politics...01-glcamf.html
    great news !

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-12-2015),Blossom74  (01-12-2015),Bongley  (01-12-2015),Corbes  (01-12-2015),Tahli  (01-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @Bongley you just had me laughing out loud on the oncology ward!! That's hilarious!!! I didn't even know quizzes like that existed. Now imagine making that decision as a single mum?!
    I have two things whizzing around in my head...the fact that my FS excitedly wanted to transfer two of SD2s embryos on my first cycle in CT...and the fact that one of the other CT girls also just had 5 embryos last week and all were thawed, 3 transferred and no pregnancy.
    It just highlights the extremes in possibilities...a possible high quality single embryo transfer or loosing 5 in one single cycle. It's all a roll of the dice isn't it.
    Aaaand now that I'm up to my third trip to CT I feel like it's a bl~~dy long way to go for a single embryo transfer.
    Sorry for the ramble!
    Where's your head at for your precious final transfer?
    Last edited by Tahli; 01-12-2015 at 16:13.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (01-12-2015),JulieMalooley  (01-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Where's your head at for your precious final transfer?
    @Tahli geeze imagine having 5 and then still not getting a BFP

I think I'm in a good space. Either it works and I'm up the duff and hooray or it doesn't and I'm ready to embrace the positive aspects. After all this I realise how very, very lucky we were. I'll be very sad for a while but ready to move on I think. I'll be f%cking shocked if this round works frankly. I'll have my answer in two weeks thank goodness.

Sounds like 2 is a good number for you! After everything you've been through I can understand taking that chance.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-12-2015),Blossom74  (01-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    Well, for what its worth I thought 6.8 a week before transfer sounded on track to me so I'm sure you'll be right! Easy for me to though and I can understand not wanting to put yourself through more stress.

Yeah, I think I would lose my mind with two. I did one of those silly facebook quizzes "How many children could you look after?" Came up with......

"You could look after no children!
    Your free space is something you value highly and you're not yet ready for children. This could change in time. But even if it doesn't, you're still a wonderful person just as you are!"

Whoops!! Bit late for that!!😉😁😁😁

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (01-12-2015),Bongley  (01-12-2015),Tahli  (01-12-2015)