Closed Thread
Page 22 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Tahli How did you get on today Luv???

Are we looking at a Whopper with Cheese or what in there???

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (30-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @winsor such talent congratulations

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to infinity888 For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (30-11-2015),winsor  (30-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi to all the other lovely ladies i hope your cycles are going well.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to infinity888 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (30-11-2015),Blossom74  (30-11-2015),Countrygirl72  (30-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #22

That's great @winsor. I am in awe of artistic people as I can't draw a straight line with a ruler.
    @Charlie74 I am in Melbourne but am going to fly up to Sydney for intalipids. When Dr M phoned me to go through his findings he mentioned not doing his dose wasn't as effective (I had mentioned to him I could get a lower dose in Melbourne). It could be a way for him to get more money but I thought I may as well do everything as per his protocol. That way if it doesn't work, I won't say if only I did his intralipid dose. The cost is a killer though. When he comes in to administer the intralipids, I am using the time to ask as many questions as I can.
    @Sue77 I think you had a scan today. If so, I hope it all went well.
    Last edited by calypso75; 30-11-2015 at 14:29.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to calypso75 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (30-11-2015),Blossom74  (30-11-2015),Charlie74  (30-11-2015),winsor  (30-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm so ready to throw the towel in. I'm in two minds as to whether to cancel this CT cycle.
    Ive just had my lining scan and it was only 6.8mm with transfer in 7 days. At this point on my previous cycles my lining was 7.2mm and 7.4mm. I have upped my Progynova from 4 a day on the other two cycles to 9 a day on this cycle. Not only has it made no difference. It's worse!!
    What can I take to up my lining over the next 7 days? I've heard patches mentioned?? Help?!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (30-11-2015),Blossom74  (30-11-2015),winsor  (30-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @winsor, just wanted to say 'well done' on the video clip. I am in awe of your talent.

@Bongley, good luck with your BT tomorrow.

@Tahli, I'm sorry you're feeling so frazzled with this cycle. At the end of the day you have to do what you think is the right thing to do in order to give yourself the best possible chance of success. If it were me, I'd be stalling until next month because I wouldn't want to waste a precious embryo. Your poor body has been through so very much and I think it needs that time to recover. But this is YOUR choice though, not mine If, in your heart of hearts, you think this is it - then go lovely! Go and get that emby! I believe in gut instinct @Tahli. If you do what you feel is right, you will take the right path

@Charlie74, don't feel bad for thinking of money as an obstacle. It truly is! I want a baby more than anything but if the proposed Medicare changes do pass through I'll have to accept I won't be getting my wish. There is a point where there is nothing left to sell, no more money coming in. I think, for all of us, we can only do the best we can. And you are doing the very best you can with what you have hon.

Hi @Infinity, hope you're keeping well love!

Blossom

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (30-11-2015),Bongley  (30-11-2015),Caesardust  (30-11-2015),calypso75  (30-11-2015),Charlie74  (30-11-2015),Countrygirl72  (01-12-2015),Tahli  (30-11-2015),winsor  (30-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #22

I am also wondering about my lining. I had it checked once and it was 7mm a few days after ovulation. Dr M said he likes a minimum of 8 and I am to speak to my IVF doctor about it. We will be going through Monash and they like a minimum of 6mm. I would like to know their stats on that (eg live birth rate from 6mm as I am sick of IVF clinics and their clinical pregnancy rates)

Charlie hold on to your hat because I have read he charges $650 for intralipids. I am guessing that consists of probably $150 for the solution and $500 for his time. I will be doing it late Jan or Feb and I am still tossing up which way to go but I think I am 80/20 with being 80% sure I will go up to Sydney. I am also worried the cost will go up on 1 January.

I have subclinical hyperthyroidism but thyroid antibodies are all ok. I have had an endo biopsy and results were 17% which Dr M said on my first phone consult was quite high. I wanted clarification as to what results should be but he didn't say. I am finding he doesn't clarify a lot of things (eg "not effective" and end of conversation when I would prefer "not effective because of x,y,z).

After I had his blood tests and consulted with him again, he said my ANA was high (1:640) and I had an imbalance between nk and T cells. He believes my immune issues are not allowing for proper implantation, they are getting a hold but not being sustained hence my 5 miscarriages. He likened it to a tree in that it can start to grow but if it doesn't get oxygen it dies which makes sense to me.

I am probably on the same protocol as you as it is our first go. I have to do
    20mg pred starting on day 1
    Clexane 40mg starting 10 days before transfer
    Intralipids week (or weekend?)before transfer. I wasn't sure on the timing of the intralipids. I will call Gwyneth in the new year to check and also reconfirm cost.
    Progesterone after transfer

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to calypso75 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (30-11-2015),Blossom74  (01-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    Wow ok.. See that's kind of what I am wondering.. If I should do the same. When are u having it calypso??

And I hate to say it but the only things that are holding me back, are mainly costs. the fact that it means an airfare to Sydney, and then I know Dr M charges about $450 (I think?? Correct me if you know exactly), plus the cost of the day bed bcos I don't have PHI. Which I think is around $800. So I'd be looking at maybe $1500 odd give or take on top of the cost of the FET. Which is around what $3000-$3500?? And with the Medicare changes we'll be lucky to get any of that back now.
    So maybe $4-4500k for a transfer.. With LB there's no airfare & no doctor fee so a saving of $450-1000k essentially...

But what is it worth to successfully get pregnant????? ������
    @calypso75 can I ask what your immune issues/ numbers are? Since it seems Dr M was suggesting you get it in Syd. Just wondering compared to mine..

As an aside, My nurse said something to me about maybe doing a cycle using gonal f and oestrogen just to mature one follicle for the FET month. That's kinda what your doing isn't it @Bongley??? It was in relation to me asking about my lining and the fact that it still didn't respond very well to all the extra oestrogen this cycle. So she was suggesting that LB 'might' do a cycle with the gonal f.
    I am on puregon but no estrogen, my lining is usually fine by transfer day, although it was at 4.4 on day er...... CD7 just gone. @Tahli 6.8 with 7 days to go sounds ok to me but I really don't usually pay attention to lining numbers (but I will now....erk!)

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (30-11-2015),Blossom74  (01-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    I'm so ready to throw the towel in. I'm in two minds as to whether to cancel this CT cycle.
    Ive just had my lining scan and it was only 6.8mm with transfer in 7 days. At this point on my previous cycles my lining was 7.2mm and 7.4mm. I have upped my Progynova from 4 a day on the other two cycles to 9 a day on this cycle. Not only has it made no difference. It's worse!!
    What can I take to up my lining over the next 7 days? I've heard patches mentioned?? Help?!
    6.8mm's isn't all that far off from 7.2 mm's Luv though I understand why you're feeling worried/pi$$ed off!!

Can you get your hands on some Estraderm Patches and take them in combination with your Progynova?? Or Viagara therapy?? Here's a link where Dr Sher is talking about whacking a Viagara pessary up your V Jay Jay and reckons you'll see results in 2 -3 days!!!

Scroll down the page to the relevant info. The first bit relates to doing a Stim Cycle:

http://haveababy.com/fertility-infor...uterine-lining

Your lining will get to over 7mm's by the time you transfer Luv and you just remember that was plenty thick enough last time to achieve implantationxo
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 30-11-2015 at 17:37.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (01-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    @calypso75, lol.. Actually I had read $650 somewhere from another post so not that surprising! Holy heck this baby making business is exxy!! My cousin said to me 'so when this baby comes will you tell it you had to rob a bank so it could get here?!" She's not that far off really!

When I was tested in around May / June I found out I've got high anti-thyroid peroxidase antibodies, they were 151 and should below 30 I think. And my ANA was as high as it could possibly be, 1:2568.

Interestingly when Dr M tested me which was maybe 6wks after my 1st cycle when I'd been taking prednisolone 10mg for 19 days, both those levels had dropped a decent amount. Which I guess is a hopeful sign further treatment working.

Yep our protocols are similar, mine is
    Start pred 3 wks b4 transfer @15mg, up to 20mg at transfer, 25mg if BFP.
    Clexane 40 starting 1 week b4 transfer. And intrallipids 1 week before transfer and on BFP. He actually said to me, yes I have immune issues, but they aren't very bad... But do need treatment. I've never been pregnant though so bad enough to stop any pregnancies it seems!

Can you not just tell LB you've consulted with Dr M and his recommendations are for x-amount of Intrallipids on whatever days and ask her if she will facilitate that for you as per his protocol??

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (01-12-2015),Charlie74  (30-11-2015)