Closed Thread
Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Thanks hon. I don't think he meant to be insensitive about it, it was just that a few days apart he said he didn't want to spend that kind of money on DE, but then a couple of days later is prepared to throw $50K on a court battle for his son. Early in our relationship I was earning really good $$ so anything I wanted to do wasn't an issue - but I really dropped the ball through those two years of repeated miscarriages and with some deliberate sabotage from my staff, I'm now at a point of being in debt and not earning anything right now. DH pays me a wage that mainly goes towards household bills, so even though we are married, I don't feel as confident discussing $$ issues now that I'm not contributing the way I used to. DH is quite wealthy (asset rich) so if it came to it we could probably refinance a house to access funds to do DE, but that would all be from assets he had before we got together so I wouldn't be putting in any money and I feel guilty about asking him to do that.

At this stage I still have to contact my friend to see if she will do DE locally here for me, and if she will, then I'm sure he won't have an issue paying for that - if she decides against it, then I will have a serious talk to DH and point out the inequity in him being fine to pay huge legal bills for his son, but not for us to have a child together. He'll be fine I'm sure, but I was so depressed last week it was just like another slap in the face.

Please don't ever think you don't contribute hon. I bet there are plenty of times you are left standing over the sink washing dishes while he relaxes on the couch in the evening. And who cooks for him and cleans his clothes and vacuums the house? The fact of the matter is that as women, if we didn't remember the birthdays and buy gifts, go grocery shopping each day, or leave little Post-Its around the house, then nothing would get done. Even if you don't work much out of the house, I'd still lay London to a brick that your are contributing inside the house - a lot.

I'm sure your DH is not an evil minion, but I still support your right to speak to him about this. It is important to you to have a baby, and if it's important to you then it should be important to HIM. The fact that he is working outside the house and you perhaps work more inside is of little consequence. And being that he is happy to drop $50K in legal fees to keep seeing his son just reiterates to me that he should understand the concept of how important it is for you to try for a baby also.

Hugs ,

Blossom

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-11-2015),JulieMalooley  (24-11-2015),midnite01  (24-11-2015),Precious40  (24-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome back Precious. I had to take a break too (mostly to get my endometriosis/adenomyosis sorted)
    Good luck to all the girls cycling. I hope Santà brings a bumper crop of bfp's to the group.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-11-2015),Blossom74  (24-11-2015),Precious40  (24-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    @Precious40 yay! Oh good there is a little group of four of us. Me, you, tahli and Sue. How did you find your donor?
    Same as you. EDA. But in WA and my clinic we had to wait out the six month cooling off period. Which is the middle of December
    We are allowed to start cycling end of first week in Decmeber

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Precious40 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-11-2015),Blossom74  (24-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've found myself looking at SD2's embryoscope footage today. The 5 embryos I never thought I'd be using. The ones I thought I'd be gifting to another Australian woman. And here I am starting to get my hopes up a little again. Trying to attach to them, to form a relationship. Today is the start of my positive emotional shift.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIiImUND6Ko

(Well 1,5,6,7,8)

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (24-11-2015),Charlie74  (24-11-2015),Countrygirl72  (24-11-2015),Summer  (24-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Lovelies.......😊

Am following along just really busy today is all😊

Welcome to the thread @SMJ!!! You're definitely in good company here Luv😁

Welcome back @Precious40!! 😊

Hello to the rest of the Lovelies too!!😊

Ok ...must go for now. Apologies for no personals today thus far. Will try to later😊
    xoxo

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (24-11-2015),Summer  (24-11-2015),Tahli  (24-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    I've found myself looking at SD2's embryoscope footage today. The 5 embryos I never thought I'd be using. The ones I thought I'd be gifting to another Australian woman. And here I am starting to get my hopes up a little again. Trying to attach to them, to form a relationship. Today is the start of my positive emotional shift.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIiImUND6Ko

(Well 1,5,6,7,8)

That is so fascinating to watch @Tahli. Number 2 looked a tad unruly! Isn't the whole process just amazing?

AFM, guess who paid a visit today? AF! Well, as much of a visit as she ever does, anyway. I don't really get a proper period now, just a brown discharge. It's been that way for years. I always blamed the pill, but since I haven't been on that since January....hmmm.....

Blossom

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-11-2015),Caesardust  (24-11-2015),Summer  (24-11-2015),Tahli  (24-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on AF finally arriving @Blossom74! Yay!! It's because I ate Flake Bites for you yesterday. 'AF Solidarity' I think BiB called it!!
    Well 2 is the blast that hatched early and because they can't take the dishes out from under the embryoscope it was lost. Boo. Watching it explode does make me smile though. It's a tad crazy!
    They were meant to freeze them on day 6 but they were frozen early on day 5. I think they were growing/going off like little firecrackers!!
    Dr W excitedly wanted to use these embryos on my first transfer, because of their quality, but as you know I used up SD1's 3 embryos first.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-11-2015),Blossom74  (24-11-2015),Summer  (24-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    PS: I think it's possible some of our AF's are starting to sync up, as if we were living in a share-house together!!

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-11-2015),Blossom74  (24-11-2015),Bongley  (24-11-2015),Summer  (24-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    PS: I think it's possible some of our AF's are starting to sync up, as if we were living in a share-house together!!
    Ummmm yes here too! CD2 for me - we'll all be cycling together even though @Blossom74 and I will be doing natural cycles this month - we'll probably all be POASing together anyway

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-11-2015),Blossom74  (24-11-2015),Tahli  (24-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Faithandhopelove - I had a scan today and my FS noted a small localised adenomyoma about 4 mm. He said he wasn't concerned about it but if it gets bigger then I may have to do something about it. What's the treatment for it. Would I have to have surgery? ( I didn't ask today because I wasn't in the mood to hear about any more hurdles).

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-11-2015),Blossom74  (24-11-2015)