Closed Thread
Page 19 of 101 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    @midnite01 I'm soooo glad you're having a scan on Tuesday. I know they wouldn't scan me until my hcg reached 1000, which of course as you know it didn't come close to, so I'm hoping they can still see what's going on for you. I'm seriously relieved he is helping you earlier. That's great news.

I'm confused @Tahli (it doesn't take much, lol.)

If, for example, you are 6 weeks pregnant, you should be able to see a sac at the very least, and probably a fetal pole, yolk sac and potentially a heartbeat too. At least, that is what my FS told me...

So if your HCG was, say, 700 at 6 weeks, and they scanned and couldn't see anything, wouldn't that mean the pregnancy was non-viable anyway, even though your HCG is under 1000?

I know with natural conception there can be date discrepancies, but IVF is kind of a sure thing as far as dates go. So I guess my question is, why is there a 'limit' on what your HCG is to be scanned? And would that mean, for example, if your HCG was 900 at 8 weeks gestation, they still wouldn't scan you? Because I would have thought that a pregnancy with 800 HCG at 8 weeks would be non viable?

Or am I looking at it wrong, lol......

Help

Blossom

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (29-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by midnite01 View Post
    Morning guys nothing much more to report here im seeing my fs tuesday for a scan however im not sure if he can determine anything on his us as the hcg is still low. We will see. I still have other scan appt booked with him for following monday.

I'm pleased your FS has considered doing the scan for you love. I would have thought you would be able to get a definitive answer with that.

Are you still taking your meds or have you started weaning off them?

Sending hugs your way

Blossom

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    I'm confused @Tahli (it doesn't take much, lol.)

If, for example, you are 6 weeks pregnant, you should be able to see a sac at the very least, and probably a fetal pole, yolk sac and potentially a heartbeat too. At least, that is what my FS told me...

So if your HCG was, say, 700 at 6 weeks, and they scanned and couldn't see anything, wouldn't that mean the pregnancy was non-viable anyway, even though your HCG is under 1000?

I know with natural conception there can be date discrepancies, but IVF is kind of a sure thing as far as dates go. So I guess my question is, why is there a 'limit' on what your HCG is to be scanned? And would that mean, for example, if your HCG was 900 at 8 weeks gestation, they still wouldn't scan you? Because I would have thought that a pregnancy with 800 HCG at 8 weeks would be non viable?

Or am I looking at it wrong, lol......

Help

Blossom
    @Blossom74 - it's confusing. I've had the reverse - scans at 6 weeks and 7 weeks showing no foetal pole, no yolksac no heartbeat , but because my HCG was 15,000 - dropping but dropping in the 100's no the 1000's they wouldn't call it a miscarriage until week 8 - clearly the pregnancy was non viable - there was nothing there - but they tortured me and made me wait until 8 weeks before calling it. I think the reality is they won't call it a miscarriage based on either HCG or a scan alone and will look at the overall picture.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Green lady View Post
    @Blossom74 - it's confusing. I've had the reverse - scans at 6 weeks and 7 weeks showing no foetal pole, no yolksac no heartbeat , but because my HCG was 15,000 - dropping but dropping in the 100's no the 1000's they wouldn't call it a miscarriage until week 8 - clearly the pregnancy was non viable - there was nothing there - but they tortured me and made me wait until 8 weeks before calling it. I think the reality is they won't call it a miscarriage based on either HCG or a scan alone and will look at the overall picture.

Yes, you must be right @greenlady. I remember mine was really high but I still didn't have a visible fetal pole or yolk sac, let alone heartbeat.

If I ever manage to afford another cycle I really do think I'll try and avoid any BT's aside from the first confirmation one. HCG really doesn't mean much to me anymore. For all intents and purposes, with a HCG of 45,000 (and still increasing!) at 8 weeks I should have seen a happy little bubba bouncing around with a great heartbeat, not an empty sac.

Kind of makes me think HCG is just one indicator, but is not the be-all and end-all....

Blossom

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    From my understanding i thought under 1000hcg you couldnt really see anything on a scan cause normally by about 5 weeks or so your beta is around that anyway and you normally cant see hb until 6.5 weeks if you are lucky.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (29-11-2015),Blossom74  (29-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If the Drs won't commit to a m/c and want to drag it out wouldn't it simply be a matter of stopping any progesterone and bringing on AF?
    My last m/c when the Fetus was still alive but hadn't changed size in two weeks, my dr just agreed with me when I said I should stop all meds and bring force a m/c. When you know, you know.
    Afm, I'm like a bear with a sore head today. First day drug free. No more progesterone, clexane, prednisone, progynova or provera. I'm in the bedroom now with the door shut because DP insisted on trying out his new sound system and despite my filthy looks and sarcastic comments, didn't heed the warnings about turning it down, helping me clean, putting down his frickin iPad, anything that would have appeased me (if there IS such a thing) so I've cracked it and shut him out. At least he's smart enough to not come in. I am just so fangry today and if this frickin auto correct doesn't stop changing my words this iPad will find itself embedded in the wall too !

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (29-11-2015),Blossom74  (29-11-2015),Charlie74  (29-11-2015),Corbes  (29-11-2015),Countrygirl72  (30-11-2015),Lolly99  (29-11-2015),Petal40  (29-11-2015),Summer  (30-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Blossom74 - totally - I'm not a fan of early blood tests

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (29-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Blossom74 i agree however next time i will be asking for regular bt only because ive had an instance of having a great first 2 bt then nothing until the 7 week scan and finding nothing there on the scan when there should be a heartbeat and my hcg was only 5000 when it should of been much more and i had no idea. This was a few yrs ago now.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (29-11-2015),Blossom74  (29-11-2015),JulieMalooley  (29-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Welcome @Lolly99!!!😊

Congratulation's on being PUPO!!!👏👏👏👏👍

Fingers crossed/babydust & prayers being sent to the Universe for a sticky....or 2!!!😉😁

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (29-11-2015),Lolly99  (29-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieMalooley View Post
    If the Drs won't commit to a m/c and want to drag it out wouldn't it simply be a matter of stopping any progesterone and bringing on AF?
    My last m/c when the Fetus was still alive but hadn't changed size in two weeks, my dr just agreed with me when I said I should stop all meds and bring force a m/c. When you know, you know.
    Afm, I'm like a bear with a sore head today. First day drug free. No more progesterone, clexane, prednisone, progynova or provera. I'm in the bedroom now with the door shut because DP insisted on trying out his new sound system and despite my filthy looks and sarcastic comments, didn't heed the warnings about turning it down, helping me clean, putting down his frickin iPad, anything that would have appeased me (if there IS such a thing) so I've cracked it and shut him out. At least he's smart enough to not come in. I am just so fangry today and if this frickin auto correct doesn't stop changing my words this iPad will find itself embedded in the wall too !
    Angry Preggo Woman "coming down" from the drugs!!!! Eeeeek!!!😀

DP better be veeeery careful for the next few days or so!!!😉😁😁😁😁

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (29-11-2015),Corbes  (29-11-2015),Tahli  (29-11-2015)