Closed Thread
Page 11 of 92 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Fudge09 best wishes with your embies and sorry to hear about the ghastly time you've been having.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (26-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Green lady View Post
    Hi all - both embryos came back abnormal. So another dud cycle for me. Zero from 13 embryos fertilised. Was really hopeful of getting one as they were both decent grade blasts at AB and BC. Doing the PGD was good as I would have transferred those embryos thinking I had a chance of pregnancy when they would have been doomed from the start. Don't know what to do next. I had always thought I would pull up stumps at 3 cycles so I guess I have one more cycle in me and if that doesn't work have to accept my fate.
    @Green lady, I'm so sorry about your results. At our age, it's such a miracle to get normal embryos. I hope your miracle turns up soon. Thinking of you Xxx

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Countrygirl72 For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (26-11-2015),Bongley  (26-11-2015),Charlie74  (26-11-2015),Gagingi  (26-11-2015),Green lady  (26-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagingi View Post
    Hi Ladies,

I'm wondering if I can join in? I've been stalking for a while as I'm 42 and we're on our 5 IVF/PICSI round. I originally came across the Wazza appreciation thread as we are doing our second cycle with him, but have then been following you gals and notice you seem like a lovely group, who are also very knowledgable and active. We're likely to have EPU on Monday and I wanted to say hi.

Best wishes, G
    @Gagingi, welcome!!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Countrygirl72 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-11-2015),Blossom74  (26-11-2015),Gagingi  (26-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagingi View Post
    Do you think he is too conservative? I know they cannot make promises, but since swapping to Wazza we've realised how conservative our previous FS was (although absolutely lovely at the same time). The pre-cycle drugs are different, stim drugs are different, protocol for ET is different and management of the embies is different. He has also addressed issues for both DH and I that were previously missed or ignored. We haven't got a result yet, but in retrospect I think we had bugger all chance with first FS, whereas Wazza has suggested 10% chance, which is higher than the clinic's results. It is also a numbers game. Do you still have an untested frostie?

AFM. I'm eagerly awaiting Monday as I'm huge. My egg numbers have been okay, but quality is an issue. We're doing PICSI this time, so we're hopeful that will improve the fert rate.
    @Gagingi - I think he is. I don't know what to do. I know if I switch I will have to go on a long wait list and that puts me off changing. I have an untested embie but no doubt it's abnormal - it wasn't hatched enough on morning of day 6 to be biopsied so was behind my other three in development. If two good grade ones turn out abnormal I don't think I've any chance with the untested one. Having said that when I draw a line in the sand I may transfer it rather than die wondering I guess. This time I was on menopur rather than Gonal f and I think on the whole the cycle was better as fertilisation rate was about 10% better.

Its always a relief to have EPU - You just want to get them out physically but for me it's also because of paranoia about ovulating before EPU!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-11-2015),Blossom74  (26-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @greenlady im truly sorry hun for your results. This journey truly sux. Thinking about you xxx

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-11-2015),Blossom74  (26-11-2015),Green lady  (26-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome back fudge. I had a pretty crappy year too but it ended on a good note. I hope yours does too.
    Green lady you never know with blasts. Sometimes they look crap but are actually normal. I think I remember Bongley saying her son started off as a poor grade blast.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-11-2015),Blossom74  (26-11-2015),Bongley  (26-11-2015),Green lady  (26-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi lovelies,

Well, I've caught up on all the posts I missed while I was away

@Charlie74, congratulations on your three successful embies! That is a fantastic result and you must be so thrilled.

@Gagingi, welcome to the group! I'm sure you will find great support from the lovely ladies here.

@Fudge09, welcome back to you too! Glad you could join us all

@greenlady, I am so very sorry your embies didn't make it. It must be so very disappointing to get such wonderful numbers retrieved, and then to have it come down to nothing. Damn getting older. Sending you big hugs hon

@midnite01, am I right in thinking you have another BT tomorrow love? If so, good luck and I hope it brings you some clarity either way.

Hello to everyone else!

AFM, I'm absolutely knackered. Lots of driving and a full day of work in between has left me feeling drained. Plus as you know it's TTOTM so I'm usually a bit 'meh with that anyway. Will be heading off to bed shortly for a well-earned rest. Mind you, I looked out the window before and it looks almost like a full moon, so that usually doesn't bode well for me. I sleep poorly at the best of times.

Tomorrow I have a few hours of housework to do, followed by an afternoon of paperwork. At least I'll get the weekend off I'll have to do a boat-load of exercise over the weekend to recover from the massive amount of pizza I ate tonight. I kid you not, I really excelled myself. And I've been doing so well with my food until now. Such a shame.....

Blossom

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-11-2015),Charlie74  (26-11-2015),Gagingi  (26-11-2015),Green lady  (26-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faithandhopellove View Post
    Welcome back fudge. I had a pretty crappy year too but it ended on a good note. I hope yours does too.
    Green lady you never know with blasts. Sometimes they look crap but are actually normal. I think I remember Bongley saying her son started off as a poor grade blast.
    @greenlady Yes, I was just about to chime in. He was a very early blast on day 5. Can't see that it/he would have made it to hatching by day 6. It's a long shot but that's what you're looking for. I used to get good numbers but poor quality embryos. I'd pull 8 to 10 eggs and then 2 blasts with one transferred and the other in the bin usually. Their criteria for freezing (so they told me) was it had to be expanding by day 6.
    Last edited by Bongley; 26-11-2015 at 20:38.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-11-2015),Blossom74  (27-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    @greenlady Yes, I was just about to chime in. He was a very early blast on day 5. Can't see that it/he would have made it to hatching by day 6. It's a long shot but that's what you're looking for. I used to get good numbers but poor quality embryos. I'd pull 8 to 10 eggs and then 2 blasts with one transferred and the other in the bin usually. Their criteria for freezing (so they told me) was it had to be expanding by day 6.
    Thanks@Bongley - that's good to know. I'm pretty sure I will transfer the frozen untested one once I decide to do no more stim cycles.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-11-2015),Blossom74  (27-11-2015),Bongley  (27-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Girls.......

Apologies for the absence...had to take my LO for an assessment with the O.T today and time got away from me blah..blah..blah. Anyhooo..far too much has gone on for me to do "personal personals" However, I do want to say:

@Gagingi Welcome to the thread Luv!! Wazza gets you accross the line this time!!!

@Fudge09 Welcome back Luv!!! So good to see you again

both your embies make it to transfer!!

@Green lady Oh fruck Luv, I am so sorry It is so bloody unfair and you're right!! If only the abnormal sh*tters would arrest by Day 3!! Would make it all a hell of a lot easier on you

@Blossom74 Welcome home Luv!! Don't worry about the pizza binge. A once off isn't going to undo all of your good work

Hello to all the rest of the Lovelies too.....

Would love to keep going with the personal's but my brain is moments away from shutting down for the night!!!

See you all tomorrow!!!!

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (27-11-2015),Charlie74  (26-11-2015),Gagingi  (27-11-2015)