+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Excited for baby #2 but worried about DS1's reaction.

The subject is pretty self explanatory! We are TTC for #2 and I am ready and excited at the thought of another child but I really have no idea how DS will react.
    Has anyone had issues with a 4+ years age gap, in the way of jealousy or the older child being 'put out'? Will I have enough time and capacity to still spend one on one time with DS? Did I wait too long for #2?
    I realise every child is different and reacts differently I just wanted an idea of what I could expect.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think there is really positive things about having a big age gap.
    As there are many things about having a close age gap.
    My neighbor has a 6 year old and a 16 month old.
    The 6 year old is a great help and loves her little sister!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My nephew is 9 and his sisters are 4 and 1, he's so great with them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My son is 4yrs 9months older than his sister and he has always adored her. Right from the very beginning he has absolutely doted on her. She is 20 months now and they play so nicely together. I actually don't think I have ever heard ds say a single negative thing about her. He told my sister on the weekend that his sister is 'the only perfect person to have ever lived', lol.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barnaby For This Useful Post:

Cue  (25-11-2015),KarinaJayne  (25-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your responses, these are the types of things I was hoping to hear ^_^
    Now just gotta get pregnant lol. 5 more days until I can check!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi!

I felt the same. my oldest turned 4 mid march, and my second was born early april

mr4 loves bubba! He has become. a bit needy lately in the sense of needing adult attention allllll the time which is a little full on but I'm sure its just a stage

Thanks
    Reviews
    My daughter has just turned 4 and i am in the exact same position as you .. I was having one done and dusted and my miss 4 started to say she would love a little brother or sister soooooo that pulled at the heart strings a little and we decided to try for #2 .. i think i wasn't ready because she wasn't ready she loved having all the attention ect ect but now she is more independent shes ready .. i hope that doesnt sound to stupid lol.. How did you go Karina ?? number 2 on the way .. for you .. 5 days until we test now .. all the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    He will get over it. My girls are 8 and 11 and I am expecting for the third time. They are excited, but at the end of the day, your DS will adjust.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am due with #2 soon and so far DS (4.5 yrs) is super excited. I too worry about how he will react as he is def a mummy's boy and the whole world has revolved around him for so long. I'm hoping he'll adjust quick enough. We talk about how some things may need to change (ie when mummy is feeding the baby she can't play with you etc), I am hoping I can cope with the multi-mothering 😂.

I was a similar age when my little brother was born. I don't remember anything but love and excitement when he arrived.

hakuna matata is offline The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My DS is 5, will be 6 when bubs comes and is beside himself with excitement! Hopefully it doesn't change when baby comes, but he will adjust.