Closed Thread
Page 7 of 108 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 1074
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    125
    Thanks
    73
    Thanked
    91
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mink View Post
    Hi @Kathk18 I kind of have a similar story.
    Been trying to conceive for a few years now (i've lost count how long). About 6mths into trying I was in emergency because of severe pain, but the doctors thought it was kidney stones. I decided against having an ultrasound twice - it was 2am and I didn't want to hang around till 9am for the sonographer to come in, and once referred from GP @ 6mths TTC to check for infertility issues because I didn't think I had any. Anyway, 12mths of TTC I went in for a scan and lo and behold I had severe endo! I was "riddled" with cysts (Dr's words). I dunno what other probs I had but my uterus was stuck to my bowel and I had endo on the bowel in other places too. I've now had 2 laps to remove the endo by one of the top endo surgeons. Second time was about 18mths after the first! within that 18mths, we were TTC naturally. Did your doctors recommend you do that? I kinda wish I had just gone on hormones to suppress the endo for a while.

    So here I am now, waiting for AF to arrive in 5 days so we can get our one and only frozen embie back in! Good luck everyone on your IVF journeys! I've had one (and a half) stim cycles, it's no fun, but I know this is not the end for me unfortunately.
    Oh gee, I feel you, endo is no fun. I had it everywhere when my lap was was done, a build up of years my doc said. So angry that gp would not look into it. I was going in for complaining about period pain and not being able to go to work plus other symptoms and still no willingness to check it out. Even with my septum gp saw it in the ultrasound report and still encouraged me to keep trying naturally. When I saw my FS specialist after the lap he said it needed to be fixed as I would not have room and would miscarry.

    He didn't recommend to try naturally due to the high chance of having an ectopic pregnancy due to the endo and Coz of blocked tube as well as being of contraception for who knows how long would mean the endo would come back.

    This is why I think it is hard for dh to accept, we haven't tried naturally after having my ops but I don't want to risk my endo coming back..

    Also what is

    Good luck for your transfer, keep your head up

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    125
    Thanks
    128
    Thanked
    66
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mink View Post
    Hi @Kathk18 I kind of have a similar story.
    Been trying to conceive for a few years now (i've lost count how long). About 6mths into trying I was in emergency because of severe pain, but the doctors thought it was kidney stones. I decided against having an ultrasound twice - it was 2am and I didn't want to hang around till 9am for the sonographer to come in, and once referred from GP @ 6mths TTC to check for infertility issues because I didn't think I had any. Anyway, 12mths of TTC I went in for a scan and lo and behold I had severe endo! I was "riddled" with cysts (Dr's words). I dunno what other probs I had but my uterus was stuck to my bowel and I had endo on the bowel in other places too. I've now had 2 laps to remove the endo by one of the top endo surgeons. Second time was about 18mths after the first! within that 18mths, we were TTC naturally. Did your doctors recommend you do that? I kinda wish I had just gone on hormones to suppress the endo for a while.

    So here I am now, waiting for AF to arrive in 5 days so we can get our one and only frozen embie back in! Good luck everyone on your IVF journeys! I've had one (and a half) stim cycles, it's no fun, but I know this is not the end for me unfortunately.
    Hi mink your endo story seems very similar to mine I had it all stuck to my bowel and my ovaries were stuck down. Apparently if it went on any longer I may have lost my bowel. Though I am clear now it' still making me infertile....it's such a complicated disease!

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    125
    Thanks
    128
    Thanked
    66
    Reviews
    0
    Counting down for my et on Friday ! I know I shouldn't get too excited but I can't help it ! Using the pessaries twice daily is annoying.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    476
    Thanks
    471
    Thanked
    270
    Reviews
    0
    Good luck @Lexy123!!!

    Ive got my appt with my new FS on Thursday and DH gets to come with me this time as he is not away for work. Hes actually excited for the appt which makes me happy and positive.

    Hope all goes well and process doesn't take too long to change clinics

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Evelynmoo For This Useful Post:

    Lexy123  (12-01-2016)

  6. #65
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    261
    Thanks
    178
    Thanked
    175
    Reviews
    0
    @Kathk18 I was really lucky that my GP was quite proactive about our TTC journey but I just wish I wasn't so complacent about my fertility. I had no idea about endo. I just thought painful periods was normal my whole life. Your story sounds very much like a lot of girls who complain of painful periods and have undiagnosed endo. I wish more GP's were better educated about the disease. I read that endo has the same impact on the economy and affects just as much people as diabetes, yet nobody knows about endo and there are no national campaigns, institutes dedicated to research and just attention etc to understanding and finding a cure. As to TTC naturally post surgery, my surgeon was so sure that I would get preg within 12mths post op. They say the more dramatic the change the more likely you can get pregnant. Unfortunately not in my case. I think what you've done is probably the best thing - suppress the endo and go straight into IVF with a clean slate.




    @Lexy123 Lucky you got to the endo before it took your whole bowel! That was my biggest fear going into the op that I would be on a colostomy bag ������ My ovaries suck too! They're still stuck and was the reason for my 1st cycle cancellation. I got lucky that they were more accessible second go after I had more surgery. You're so right, endo is so complex! My GP once said that it would be difficult for me to get pregnant simply because the conditions in my uterus aren't perfect, which just goes to show how much of a miracle pregnancy really is considering how many women do get pregnant despite less than perfect conditions. I'm mostly clear too (although my endo seems pretty aggressive growing), so it is probably likely that scarring and adhesions are still making me infertile. On top of that I also have adenomyosis ������ Sigh. Good luck on the ET this Friday! How exciting!! I'm expecting AF this Friday so I'm still a long way behind.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mink For This Useful Post:

    Lexy123  (13-01-2016)

  8. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    125
    Thanks
    128
    Thanked
    66
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Evelynmoo View Post
    Good luck @Lexy123!!!

    Ive got my appt with my new FS on Thursday and DH gets to come with me this time as he is not away for work. Hes actually excited for the appt which makes me happy and positive.

    Hope all goes well and process doesn't take too long to change clinics
    Thank you yes and to you too in your new clinic. What state Are u in ?

  9. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    476
    Thanks
    471
    Thanked
    270
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexy123 View Post
    Thank you yes and to you too in your new clinic. What state Are u in ?
    Im in good old Sydney NSW but ****ney as I like to call it hahaha. DH living away in regional NSW for the next 18 months so i divide my time between there and here. Therefore im hoping the new clinic doesnt mind if i sometimes get bloods done by the local pathology. The local FS in the town is apparently rubbish so i didnt want to move down there with DH and chose to stay here till pregnancy success or till he has to move for work again.

  10. #68
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    125
    Thanks
    128
    Thanked
    66
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mink View Post
    @Kathk18 I was really lucky that my GP was quite proactive about our TTC journey but I just wish I wasn't so complacent about my fertility. I had no idea about endo. I just thought painful periods was normal my whole life. Your story sounds very much like a lot of girls who complain of painful periods and have undiagnosed endo. I wish more GP's were better educated about the disease. I read that endo has the same impact on the economy and affects just as much people as diabetes, yet nobody knows about endo and there are no national campaigns, institutes dedicated to research and just attention etc to understanding and finding a cure. As to TTC naturally post surgery, my surgeon was so sure that I would get preg within 12mths post op. They say the more dramatic the change the more likely you can get pregnant. Unfortunately not in my case. I think what you've done is probably the best thing - suppress the endo and go straight into IVF with a clean slate.




    @Lexy123 Lucky you got to the endo before it took your whole bowel! That was my biggest fear going into the op that I would be on a colostomy bag ������ My ovaries suck too! They're still stuck and was the reason for my 1st cycle cancellation. I got lucky that they were more accessible second go after I had more surgery. You're so right, endo is so complex! My GP once said that it would be difficult for me to get pregnant simply because the conditions in my uterus aren't perfect, which just goes to show how much of a miracle pregnancy really is considering how many women do get pregnant despite less than perfect conditions. I'm mostly clear too (although my endo seems pretty aggressive growing), so it is probably likely that scarring and adhesions are still making me infertile. On top of that I also have adenomyosis ������ Sigh. Good luck on the ET this Friday! How exciting!! I'm expecting AF this Friday so I'm still a long way behind.
    Thanks mink. I find this thread is so supportive especially knowing there are so many similar situations to myself as in my circle of friends and work no one has had any problems getting prego or even heard of endo ! People are sympathetic but they don't really get it. My last endo surgery my doc said not a lot had grown back which I was surprised about since it was so aggressive at the start and I'd been off the pill for a year.

  11. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    125
    Thanks
    128
    Thanked
    66
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Evelynmoo View Post
    Im in good old Sydney NSW but ****ney as I like to call it hahaha. DH living away in regional NSW for the next 18 months so i divide my time between there and here. Therefore im hoping the new clinic doesnt mind if i sometimes get bloods done by the local pathology. The local FS in the town is apparently rubbish so i didnt want to move down there with DH and chose to stay here till pregnancy success or till he has to move for work again.
    I don't see why you couldn't go to your local pathology. I'm in Perth we were on holiday 8 hrs away last week and I was able to get a blood test just took a day to get to them. We had to come back early though for the scan and 2nd blood.

  12. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    253
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked
    344
    Reviews
    1
    Had egg pick up this morning! Had 18 follicles all good size, good estogen levels, but only got 4 eggs. That's never happened before.

    I'm now more concerned about the phone call tommorow re fertilisation rates as usually lose a quarter of them. I really hope I get to transfer!!


 

Similar Threads

  1. May 2016
    By exilius in forum When are you due?
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 26-10-2015, 17:07
  2. Due May 2016
    By karlischneider in forum Introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16-09-2015, 11:35
  3. Ttc 2016
    By anatonge1203 in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 30-04-2015, 21:10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Bamboo Lulu
Unique, non-toxic wooden eco toys for babies. Water-based paints, saliva-resistant & baby safe. Super soft, prints & basics for baby, made from bamboo & organic cotton. Hypoallergenic - great for eczema relief. FREE gift with purchase. Code BUBHUB
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
The Health Hub & Glowing Expectations
Glowing Expectations is conveniently located at The Health Hub in Darlinghurst. We offer pre & post natal personal training, small group pregnancy exercise classes, flexible mums & bubs sessions, massage, & naturopathy in our air-conditioned studio.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!