Closed Thread
Page 67 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I also agree with what Annie mentioned about age. I was 29 when we first started and when the initial blood tests were done, my egg reserve came back quite low for my age.

I have read these can't be entirely reliable and accurate but it was a bit of a reality check that age can really be a factor

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Razzy Bear For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (06-02-2016),MusicalMumma  (06-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Transfer all done - hello TWW!

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Razzy Bear For This Useful Post:

Annie85  (06-02-2016),Barca07  (06-02-2016),Evelynmoo  (06-02-2016),HillDweller  (06-02-2016),Kookii  (06-02-2016)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzy Bear View Post
    Transfer all done - hello TWW!
    Good luck Razzy bear!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

Razzy Bear  (06-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MusicalMumma View Post
    Hi ladies! I've been following along with all your posts and am learning so much about the IVF process which is great

Please tell me if this is the wrong place to post this, but I'm hoping some of you may be able to help me? DH and I have been ttc for 15mths now and haven't fallen pg once. Some would probably say 15mths is nothing but it feels like an eternity to us! We've seen a FS who says IVF is the next step because all of our tests have some back clear (apart from DH morphology 26%).

I am struggling with the concept of not being able to conceive naturally and my question to you ladies is, how did you know when it was time to move to medical intervention? I just don't know if I'm ready for the emotional roller coaster!
    We tried naturally from October 2014 to July 2015. In between I knew there was something wrong so I had a hysteroscopy in July which showed scarring, I got that removed and was told that since the scarring was minimal we should have any problems getting pregnant and to try naturally again. Tried for 2 months didnt work, got impatient started IVF straight away in September 2015. So technically tried naturally for 1 year. I was impatient and want kids asap because of my health issues.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Evelynmoo For This Useful Post:

MusicalMumma  (06-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck @razzybear !

Doesn't look like our lone embryo is going to make it. They called this morning and said it wasn't at the stage where they could freeze yet (day 5). They'll wait until tomorrow to see if it catches up, but it has 'a lot of catching up to do' to be freezable.

I was expecting that news but we're feeling a bit deflated now thinking that it's likely we'll have a freeze all cycle each time because clearly with my PCOS I over respond to the drugs. That means each time we'd pay the full stim fee plus then the FET cycle fee, which means we're out of pocket at least $6000 for each single try at a transfer. In that case, we can probably only afford to do two full stim cycles before it becomes an amount we're not really willing to spend on what is effectively a gamble.

DH is having a hard time dealing with the financial realities. He was working away up until a year ago, but came back to work locally (losing over half his annual salary in the process). Even though he knows we were in a catch 22 - we weren't going to even attempt the IVF road with him working away, so we had to forego the money to do it anyway, I'm sure it still feels difficult to him that we 'could' have had the extra money.

It's all just feeling a bit negative at the moment I guess! :/

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (06-02-2016),Razzy Bear  (06-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Took my first pregynl shot this morning. It wasnt completely painful but it was actually a lot harder to inject the liquid into the skin, it felt as though it was thicker or denser material which made it slightly more uncomfortable and a bit of a sting.

Well ET confirmed for Monday at 8am!!!! So bloody early and I have to get acupuncture before it at 7am. Poor acupuncture lady having to come in so early and poor me getting up sooooo early because the drive is a bit of a distance.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Evelynmoo For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (06-02-2016),HillDweller  (06-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Evelynmoo and Annie85 (sorry I didn't see your post before Annie). It's true, I'm getting older (currently 28) and I always wanted a baby before 30 so fx I can still achieve that.

I'm gonna have a chat with hubby this wkend about what we're willing to put on the table finance-wise and then we'll make our decision once we've spoken with our FS on Wednesday. But I'm thinking skip IUI and Clomid etc and go straight to the IVF. Prob is I'm cd1 now so will prob have to wait til April to start

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MusicalMumma For This Useful Post:

Evelynmoo  (06-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @HillDweller maybe your clinic is different to mine but when I had my freeze all cycle I didnt have to pay for the FET the following month because the cost of the ET was included in the fee for the original stim cycle. You should double check with your clinic

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Evelynmoo For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (06-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @HillDweller I'm sorry to hear about your little embie. I hope it pulls through. It sucks how much money plays a part in this. I hope one day they find a way that is more full proof on helping women conceive. We don't have private health so we're out of pocket $6k just for the stim and ET. I worked for about 1.5yrs as a locum while we were TTC naturally just for the money, which was ridiculously good, but only because I anticipated that we would need it for either a baby, more surgery or IVF. Whereabouts are you located? Do they have a full BB clinic like Primary in Sydney? I'm considering going to RPAH in Sydney, which is cheaper but uses the same labs as Genea, where I currently am. It's comforting to know those options are available.
    @Evelynmoo are you at Genea too? I'm trying to remember from your past posts. Can you explain what you mean about the FET costs being included in the stim cycle? I was just charged the inpatient fees for my FET but not sure of any other costs.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mink For This Useful Post:

Evelynmoo  (06-02-2016),HillDweller  (06-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys, I'm in Perth. I will definitely check this out with my clinic!! Thanks so much for the info. I've just sent them an email asking for the details