Closed Thread
Page 50 of 108 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashe87 View Post
    Oh really. I asked my clinic today if I get an update tomorrow and they said no, they don't take them out again and check them now until Wednesday!
    Yes I got my time this morning, it's 12pm and I'm having acupuncture before and after the transfer!
    It seems like every clinic has their own way of doing things. Not long till Wed now! I am freaking out about ET. But they did tell me this morning that I still had 5 eggs (2 are a bit slower than the best 3 though) so at least they are doing their thing. I kinda wish they would put two in tomorrow so I have a better chance. Good luck for tomorrow! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Serani View Post
    It seems like every clinic has their own way of doing things. Not long till Wed now! I am freaking out about ET. But they did tell me this morning that I still had 5 eggs (2 are a bit slower than the best 3 though) so at least they are doing their thing. I kinda wish they would put two in tomorrow so I have a better chance. Good luck for tomorrow! xx
    Thanks Serani, you too! Let us know how you go tomorrow!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ashe87 For This Useful Post:

Serani  (02-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Serani View Post
    @HillDweller so sorry to hear that, I can imagine how gutted you must feel. Hope your one little fighter goes the distance though! All things going well, would that be a FET in March?
    Thanks @Serani yes it would be the end of March, my normal cycle is usually about 5 weeks, not 4 so I guess it'll take about that long.

I feel so terrible right now, I got really jaded about the whole thing and started taking about how between this type of setback where my eggs might be bad quality or maybe DH's sperm weren't strong enough and my autoimmune issues and lining issues, that I really don't believe it'll ever happen anyway. My DH is usually the most positive man, he's always the one there for me saying everything will work out and I literally made him cry with the things I said I've never seen him cry before and I feel like the worst wife ever right now! I use negativity about stuff as a protection mechanism all the time - I expect everything to go badly so I can be less disappointed when it does, but my DH is the opposite and this time I feel like I broke him

I'm going to start being positive about the fact that we've still got one fighter in with a chance from right now!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (02-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HillDweller View Post
    Thanks @Serani yes it would be the end of March, my normal cycle is usually about 5 weeks, not 4 so I guess it'll take about that long.

I feel so terrible right now, I got really jaded about the whole thing and started taking about how between this type of setback where my eggs might be bad quality or maybe DH's sperm weren't strong enough and my autoimmune issues and lining issues, that I really don't believe it'll ever happen anyway. My DH is usually the most positive man, he's always the one there for me saying everything will work out and I literally made him cry with the things I said I've never seen him cry before and I feel like the worst wife ever right now! I use negativity about stuff as a protection mechanism all the time - I expect everything to go badly so I can be less disappointed when it does, but my DH is the opposite and this time I feel like I broke him

I'm going to start being positive about the fact that we've still got one fighter in with a chance from right now!
    Aww I really feel for you (virtual hugs), but that's lovely that your husband is on the same page. I think we so often expect them to be less effected by these kind of things but they are only human. He probably felt awful to see you so upset, it definitely doesn't mean you won't be successful. Your egg from this cycle may well be the only one you need, but if it isn't talk to your FS about strategies to get a better outcome next time. I think your reaction is perfectly understandable, but i hope that you feel better soon. Will you hear from the clinic tomorrow about how the egg is going? Hang in there xx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Serani For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (02-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/FET Jan Feb 2016

@HillDweller You are only human. Its self preservation. Its neither persons fault and I guess direct your anger away from each other. Its not over yet. Not by a long shot. Just think, you know you respond really well, thats a huge battle already won, and now you know that ICSI has to happen next cycle if its even needed. So its definitely a step in the right direction. First round is a trial and error for most of us. You still have a chance. Its only half time, so be prepared to finish the game. xx

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

Evelynmoo  (02-02-2016),HillDweller  (02-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    I'm 10dp5dt
    Yay congratulations that's great news ☺️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzy Bear View Post
    Just a question out of curiously ladies - where are we all based?

I'm in Melb!
    I'm in the Eastern suburbs in Sydney @razzyBear

Thanks
    Reviews
    @two souls, how do you go with pregynl, I'm going to be starting mine on the 6th and never had it, is it any different to other injections? Thanks for the advice as well because wasn't sure when I could start testing with pregnyl.
    @rainbow road CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! So exciting if its twins!!!
    @HillDweller I'm so devastated for you, really upset!!! but as Billie said you know for next time if needed that you can do ICSI.
    @Razzy Bear i think it depends on the clinic. Im not sure how long my current clinic freezes embryos for but I know the clinic I hopefully I dont have to transfer to freezes embryos for 25 years

AFM......

US and bloods done today. Lining at 7mm really happy with that!!!!! Also took my trigger this evening so ET is scheduled for Monday 8th and have to take Pregynl on 6th 9th and 12th. But I cant remember when my blood test is booked for so will have to find out after my ET.

I guess acupuncture and drugs have worked a bit this time. FS is also using embryo glue so Im excited for ET but also dont want to get my hopes up. I'm also driving down to see DH tomorrow to give natural a go just in case because FN told me theres 2 good follicles. Also still going to continue acupuncture to try to boost lining even more.
    @Ashe87 dont use any perfume or deodorant also afterwards dont have hot showers or hot baths. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Evelynmoo For This Useful Post:

Ashe87  (02-02-2016),HillDweller  (02-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/FET Jan Feb 2016

Thanks so much @Serani and @Billie2 and @Evelynmoo you're all making me feel so much better xxx I'm so glad you ladies are all here to talk to!

You're right, at least I know I respond well and can get lots of eggs and at least we've gained some important information. The lab said they would expect to have seen sperm surrounding the eggs but they weren't doing that at all...however the sperm were all mobile and swimming well, so they think maybe for whatever reason they couldn't penetrate the eggs. So ICSI next time should at least overcome that hurdle.

DH is kind of upset at the clinic for not suggesting we do ICSI with half the eggs. When they called him to say they wanted a second sample, they said if he couldn't come back they'd do ICSI instead with what they had. So he's just really kicking himself . We had also talked about asking them to do ICSI with some eggs if we had lots...but didn't end up saying anything to the clinic. So in reality we're just angry with ourselves, DH is blaming himself for the situation and I keep telling him it was just bad luck. :/

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (02-02-2016),Evelynmoo  (02-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Evelynmoo great news about your lining!!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

Evelynmoo  (02-02-2016)