Closed Thread
Page 5 of 108 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF/FET Jan Feb 2016

Hello ladies!
    Happy New Year 😀 2016 is going to be great year. I can feel it!!!
    Who else is IVFing or transferring in Jan or Feb? I would love some friends to ride the rollercoaster with 😉

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MusicalMumma View Post
    @Annie85 - that's a pretty quick turnaround. I've not heard of the nasal spray... Is that instead of oral tablets? Is it part of a sudden cycle? Sorry very new to all this!
    @lexi123 - I met with my FS back in Sept/Oct so all tests have been done. I'm going to get a 2nd opinion but need to wait for more bloods so end of Jan. Guess we can start til the following cycle in Feb... More waiting! Lol
    From what i understand the oral pill and nasal spray that I'm on is part of the longer IVF cycle where all natural hormonesare suppressed for 5 weeks, which creates a more controlled environment to stimulate with the injections. It is the longer version - all up around 8 weeks- but the safest version for me as my FS said I’m at a higher risk of Overian hypostimulation

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Annie85 For This Useful Post:

MusicalMumma  (08-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey @Barca07 there's an existing thread already, come join us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie85 View Post
    From what i understand the oral pill and nasal spray that I'm on is part of the longer IVF cycle where all natural hormonesare suppressed for 5 weeks, which creates a more controlled environment to stimulate with the injections. It is the longer version - all up around 8 weeks- but the safest version for me as my FS said I’m at a higher risk of Overian hypostimulation
    Sorry @Annie85 just reread my post and noticed my typo... Meant to say "stim cycle" not sudden lol.

My FS hasn't said anything about ovarian overstimulation but I will definitely ask when I see him next. 8wks sounds tough but hopefully all worth it in the end x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MusicalMumma View Post
    @Annie85 - that's a pretty quick turnaround. I've not heard of the nasal spray... Is that instead of oral tablets? Is it part of a sudden cycle? Sorry very new to all this!
    @lexi123 - I met with my FS back in Sept/Oct so all tests have been done. I'm going to get a 2nd opinion but need to wait for more bloods so end of Jan. Guess we can start til the following cycle in Feb... More waiting! Lol
    Oh yes there's always waiting on this journey & I'm the most impatient person lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Sariele
    I can't find it... What is it called?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies!!!
    I'll be doing a FET in Jan 😀 I'm CD1 today and have 5 day embryos m, so should be transferring in about 3 weeks.

My story is: DH has Azoospermia (hi @Sariele!) so we are using donor sperm and we are trying to conceive our 1st Bub.

We've done 1 stim and got 4 embryos. Our fresh transfer early last year resulted in a chem 😢The next transfer resulted in a BFP, but sadly our son Johnny was stillborn in October😭 We're now having our 3rd transfer (hopefully third time lucky!!).

I'm mixed emotions going into this transfer... Excited to try again but extremely anxious and scared as well...

I've just had a quick read through all the posts and I'm surprised at how many donor sperms IVF'ers there are here...it's nice to not be the only one for a change 😉

Welcome to all the first timers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi barca I'm sorry to hear about your tough journey, I can't even imagine how hard it would have been 😔 best of luck & yes third time lucky xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default In middle of First time IVF

Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post
    Welcome to the new thread members! And a special welcome to the first-time IVF-ers. I'm a little bit of an IVF warrior (not overly so, but I've got 5 stim cycles and 2 FETs under my belt, and about to embark on stim #6), so if you want to ask any questions go right ahead... can't promise I'll know the answer though. My absolute #1 piece of advice for IVF newbies is please please PLEASE don't go into it expecting it to work first time, or even second time. Be as hopeful as you want, and no doubt you may get lucky, but the reality is that it takes an average of three full stims, including any FETs as a result of those stims, to have success. Often the first couple of cycles are just a science experiment to see how your body reacts, how your embryos go.
    Hi everyone!

We are going through our first IVF cycle at the moment and I just managed to track down this thread. I hope it's ok if I join?!

@Sariele Thank you for that advice! I wish someone had given me that heads up before we started. I went overboard being positive, I even had hypnotherapy to get over my trepidation about IVF, which worked brilliantly but the results arent looking positive. We had 12 retrieved on Wednesday, 9 injected, only 3 fertilized and got the sad news today (day 3) that none of them have grown to the normal stage of 9 cells (1x5 cell stage but fragmented, 1x2 cell, 1x3 cell). 😢 They are going to call on Monday morning, before we were meant to be having implantation to let us know. Before we started DH and I had agreed to only have 2 rounds of IVF. I nearly didn't want to post because I didn't want to bum out any of you who haven't started yet, but at the same time, I wish I'd been more realistic, as Sariele pointed out. The counsellor at Repromed had warned us that the waiting for the pregnancy test would be difficult, I wish I'd been warned how challenging this stage is. For those of you who haven't started your first round yet, I'd recommend lots of lovely distractions for between retrieval and implantation! ☺️

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrsZebu For This Useful Post:

Buttons13  (10-01-2016),Caesardust  (10-01-2016),MusicalMumma  (09-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/FET Jan Feb 2016

Quote Originally Posted by MrsZebu View Post
    Hi everyone!

We are going through our first IVF cycle at the moment and I just managed to track down this thread. I hope it's ok if I join?!

@Sariele Thank you for that advice! I wish someone had given me that heads up before we started. I went overboard being positive, I even had hypnotherapy to get over my trepidation about IVF, which worked brilliantly but the results arent looking positive. We had 12 retrieved on Wednesday, 9 injected, only 3 fertilized and got the sad news today (day 3) that none of them have grown to the normal stage of 9 cells (1x5 cell stage but fragmented, 1x2 cell, 1x3 cell). 😢 They are going to call on Monday morning, before we were meant to be having implantation to let us know. Before we started DH and I had agreed to only have 2 rounds of IVF. I nearly didn't want to post because I didn't want to bum out any of you who haven't started yet, but at the same time, I wish I'd been more realistic, as Sariele pointed out. The counsellor at Repromed had warned us that the waiting for the pregnancy test would be difficult, I wish I'd been warned how challenging this stage is. For those of you who haven't started your first round yet, I'd recommend lots of lovely distractions for between retrieval and implantation! ☺️
    I'm really sorry to hear that hun. Until my 5th stim I had a similar issue every cycle... The first two cycles I only had one egg fertilise each time, which my dodgy clinic at the time insisted upon transferring on day 1, so I never knew whether they progressed past that. Then my next two cycles at my new clinic I only had two fertilise each time, and they'd go okay til day 3, then slow right down after that. For my 5th stim I went on a heap of different supplements for three months, did acupuncture, got my FS to prescribe me DHEA, and for the cycle itself I was on the highest dose of stims (600ui Gonal) and took Saizen injections (human growth hormone). I got 15 eggs, ALL of them were mature, which was amazing, and 10 fertilised. That alone made me ecstatically happy, but then we managed to get 5 blasties (4x day 5, 1x day 6). I had the best two transferred and got my DS. Unfortunately the next best two weren't viable, I had them transferred in Sept and nothing. The day 6 one is still in storage, but we will probably destroy it when our fees next come up, as neither of us trust it in the slightest. Plus it's in Brisbane and we're in England now, lol. For this upcoming stim at my new clinic in England, I'm taking even more supplements than last time, and DHEA again (I can buy it online here without a script). However they don't do Saizen, so I'm absolutely terrified that I'm going to go back to having dreadful fert and slow embies again. We'll see...

You're right though, for some of us the wait for the pregnancy test is a lot less tense and angst-filled than the wait for those damn phone calls from the lab. I've been imagining getting my fert rate call from the lab for two months now, and every time I do I feel sick and panicked. Plus I don't wait for the hcg test anyway, I POAS from 4 days post-transfer onwards, as I like to be let down gently (not to mention privately!). And on the cycle I did get a BFP, I was so glad that I knew wayyy before the bloody nurses did!
    Last edited by Sariele; 09-01-2016 at 19:34.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

Buttons13  (10-01-2016)