Closed Thread
Page 44 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Meems View Post
    Hi @Serani yeh i was beside myself last night & almost was going to back out of the whole thing! I was so terrified of the drug side effects. I couldnt sleep after the injection as i was so anxious from it all. I'm feeling a bit better today & have another day to work up the courage to do the orgalutran & puregon. Thanks for the tips I might have to give that a go. When do u have your scans / EPU?
    I was so afraid of the drug side effects too @Meems because I so often have bad reactions to things. But try not to stress too much, I felt a bit spaced out the first few times but then that went away and other than that I literally suffered no side effects at all other than sore boobs and a little bit of bloating on the last couple of days. I didn't even feel hormonal, and I usually do in a natural cycle!

The first few days are scary, but it becomes less so as time goes on xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashe87 View Post
    Haha yes it was wasn't it!! I'm hoping to get some to freeze, wish there was also an update tomorrow but oh well!
    Same. It only just dawned on me that my eggs are going to be that much older by the time we're ready to try for baby #2. So I'm really hoping however many cycles it takes that I have some frosties for later.

My clinic give daily updates but I'm not sure if it's better or worse, because it means more opportunities for feeling disappointed if you lose any o/n!

Do you have a time for Wed yet? I find out tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone. Just had my ET today under GA. Hubby said it literally took less than 5mins, which is interesting considering it took almost half an hr last time due to the difficulty getting through cervix (without GA too ).

Im not sure yet when my BT is due, but what's the earliest anyone has had a positive POAS after a 5 day FET?

Also I saw a different Accupuncturist today because my normal one is at a conference. She mentioned that due to my endo history, difficulty with ET, and tenderness on and around my pubic bones that she suspects I have fallopian tubal infection, which means they secrete toxic stuff into the uterus which prevents implantation. Apparently the way to treat this is antibiotics for 8 days prior to ET (so I'm too late). This is also apparently the norm in the USA and maybe UK to treat ALL IVF women with AB's before ET but they haven't quite picked up on it in Australia. Anyway, just wondering if anyone has ever tried something like this or even heard of it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meems View Post
    Hi @Serani yeh i was beside myself last night & almost was going to back out of the whole thing! I was so terrified of the drug side effects. I couldnt sleep after the injection as i was so anxious from it all. I'm feeling a bit better today & have another day to work up the courage to do the orgalutran & puregon. Thanks for the tips I might have to give that a go. When do u have your scans / EPU?
    I agree with @HillDweller I think the thought and associated anxiety of taking the hormones is much worse than the actual side effects (for me anyway). I have felt a bit cloudy and dehydrated but not even hormonal. I took a couple of cycles of Clomid before IVF and found the effects of that on my emotional state was much worse!

I had my EPU on Friday and transfer is scheduled for Wed

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Serani For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (01-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Serani View Post
    Same. It only just dawned on me that my eggs are going to be that much older by the time we're ready to try for baby #2. So I'm really hoping however many cycles it takes that I have some frosties for later.

My clinic give daily updates but I'm not sure if it's better or worse, because it means more opportunities for feeling disappointed if you lose any o/n!

Do you have a time for Wed yet? I find out tomorrow.
    Oh really. I asked my clinic today if I get an update tomorrow and they said no, they don't take them out again and check them now until Wednesday!
    Yes I got my time this morning, it's 12pm and I'm having acupuncture before and after the transfer!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ashe87 For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (01-02-2016),Evelynmoo  (01-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the encouragement @Evelynmoo - I hope mine is as easy breezy as yours

Not sure about Pregnyl but ovidrel is same as gonal f. I didn't have any dramas with it. Hope your u/s brings good news tomorrow!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Serani For This Useful Post:

Evelynmoo  (01-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Barca07 Im in the city at Primary, its right near work & can have a BT in the morn & scan at lunch. Work dont notice. Used to be at IVF Aus at Miranda/Kogarah..

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

Evelynmoo  (01-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mink View Post
    Hi everyone. Just had my ET today under GA. Hubby said it literally took less than 5mins, which is interesting considering it took almost half an hr last time due to the difficulty getting through cervix (without GA too ������).

Im not sure yet when my BT is due, but what's the earliest anyone has had a positive POAS after a 5 day FET?

Also I saw a different Accupuncturist today because my normal one is at a conference. She mentioned that due to my endo history, difficulty with ET, and tenderness on and around my pubic bones that she suspects I have fallopian tubal infection, which means they secrete toxic stuff into the uterus which prevents implantation. Apparently the way to treat this is antibiotics for 8 days prior to ET (so I'm too late). This is also apparently the norm in the USA and maybe UK to treat ALL IVF women with AB's before ET but they haven't quite picked up on it in Australia. Anyway, just wondering if anyone has ever tried something like this or even heard of it?
    I remember reading something about taking antibiotics before ET but I don't know if it was about tubal infection. I think it might have been something to do with NK cells. I think it was to take doxycycline.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Evelynmoo For This Useful Post:

Mink  (01-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning all.. Finally starting IVF#2. Anyone starting & want a cycle buddy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Billie2 View Post
    @Barca07 Im in the city at Primary, its right near work & can have a BT in the morn & scan at lunch. Work dont notice. Used to be at IVF Aus at Miranda/Kogarah..
    I'm at IVFA Kogarah/Miranda, with Dr Kemball.
    I've been happy so far, but im interested in how they compare to other clinics. What are your thoughts since you've changed clinics?