Closed Thread
Page 36 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/FET Jan Feb 2016

@Serani
    Yes I feel the same! Just don't know what to expect for this last part now!
    Hoping for a day 5 transfer on Wednesday too!
    I will take the day of the transfer off but I think that might be it, I might possibly take the Thursday too and work from home..
    How about you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Evelyn!
    I was sedated but completely asleep, I don't remember a thing, just waking up in recovery and I just had some discomfort too.. I'm still feeling that now, just tender and sore really.. Had an hours sleep this afternoon and feeling a little better..
    Hoping for good news tomorrow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bit of disappointing news for me. I'm having EPU on Monday but they wont transfer an embryo back to me this month My lining is only 5.7 and they said if it's not at least 7.5 at EPU they don't do the ET. So apparently they'll give me something to bring on AF, then I'll need a month off, then the next month they'll do the ET (which will all probably be more than 2 months because my cycles are usually about 37 days long )

They're also a bit worried about OHSS as I have all the risk factors. I have 20 good size follicles today so I'm crossing my fingers I at least get a decent number of eggs at EPU.

Feeling a bit down about it all. I know 2 extra months in the scheme of things isn't huge, but it just feels like it right now!

ETA: Does anyone have any tips for increasing my lining for next time? I've had acupuncture before but not for a while - would this be helpful to try again do you think?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (29-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HillDweller View Post
    Bit of disappointing news for me. I'm having EPU on Monday but they wont transfer an embryo back to me this month My lining is only 5.7 and they said if it's not at least 7.5 at EPU they don't do the ET. So apparently they'll give me something to bring on AF, then I'll need a month off, then the next month they'll do the ET (which will all probably be more than 2 months because my cycles are usually about 37 days long )

They're also a bit worried about OHSS as I have all the risk factors. I have 20 good size follicles today so I'm crossing my fingers I at least get a decent number of eggs at EPU.

Feeling a bit down about it all. I know 2 extra months in the scheme of things isn't huge, but it just feels like it right now!

ETA: Does anyone have any tips for increasing my lining for next time? I've had acupuncture before but not for a while - would this be helpful to try again do you think?
    I totally feel your angst and disappointment. My lining is my issue as well. I can only get 6.5mm on a really good month, last month was only 4.8mm.
    I tried all the stuff that the net suggested like castor oil compress, vitamin E, drinking raspberry leaf tea and pomegranate juice last month and I got the worst lining I have ever had. But that might just be my own screwed up body and those things might work for you.

I have also had acupuncture and the month that I was doing it consistently I got a lining of 6.5mm and even though it was a BFN I did find that my AF was a teeny tiny bit heavier, not sure if it was because of the acu or not but I am doing the acu again this month consistently to see if it makes a difference. I am also going to try to be more active and get the blood flowing.

I had a freeze all for my stim cycle because of potential OHSS and risk factors as well. But I never had a months break in between. Soon as AF arrived my FET cycle started. I wasn't given anything extra to bring on AF, I was just given a different type of trigger than people that would usually have ET straight after and my AF arrived 7 days later.

Its so hard for my to say hey keep your head up, its all good, because I know exactly how you feel right now. All I can say is that maybe all these drugs will change your cycle a bit and it may end up being shorter time.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Evelynmoo For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (30-01-2016),HillDweller  (29-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Evelynmoo View Post
    I totally feel your angst and disappointment. My lining is my issue as well. I can only get 6.5mm on a really good month, last month was only 4.8mm.
    I tried all the stuff that the net suggested like castor oil compress, vitamin E, drinking raspberry leaf tea and pomegranate juice last month and I got the worst lining I have ever had. But that might just be my own screwed up body and those things might work for you.

I have also had acupuncture and the month that I was doing it consistently I got a lining of 6.5mm and even though it was a BFN I did find that my AF was a teeny tiny bit heavier, not sure if it was because of the acu or not but I am doing the acu again this month consistently to see if it makes a difference. I am also going to try to be more active and get the blood flowing.

I had a freeze all for my stim cycle because of potential OHSS and risk factors as well. But I never had a months break in between. Soon as AF arrived my FET cycle started. I wasn't given anything extra to bring on AF, I was just given a different type of trigger than people that would usually have ET straight after and my AF arrived 7 days later.

Its so hard for my to say hey keep your head up, its all good, because I know exactly how you feel right now. All I can say is that maybe all these drugs will change your cycle a bit and it may end up being shorter time.
    Thanks @Evelynmoo

My AF is usually super heavy for at least 2 days at the beginning so I just assumed my lining must be ok

Thanks for the info, maybe I should go back to my acupuncture lady to give that a go!. The nurse said she "thought" the FS might tell me to take a month off to let my ovaries recover, but I could talk to him about that on Monday. Hopefully he says I don't have to!

It is hard when you get crappy news like that isn't it :/ Yes, maybe the drugs might have given my body some sort of kick start!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (29-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Evelynmoo

My AF is usually super heavy for at least 2 days at the beginning so I just assumed my lining must be ok

Thanks for the info, maybe I should go back to my acupuncture lady to give that a go!. The nurse said she "thought" the FS might tell me to take a month off to let my ovaries recover, but I could talk to him about that on Monday. Hopefully he says I don't have to!

It is hard when you get crappy news like that isn't it :/ Yes, maybe the drugs might have given my body some sort of kick start!
    I'm personally in shock when you say that your af is heavy but there was no lining. How can that be? I always have lining issues with this current cycle teetering on the edge of cancellation with my third scan showing only 6.1mm. After that I was prescribed estrogen tablets and patches to bump it up and on the 4th scan it got to 7.3mm and we could proceed. The nurse said to me that measuring the lining is so ambiguous and it depends on who is doing it. One time a scan showed mine had got thinner which isn't possible so you can see how a different operator can give a different reading. I feel like the cancelled cycle is more about the ohss rather than your lining as there are things they can give you to improve lining before transfer. I say all of this knowing that if you do have or are at risk of ohss it is definitely a good thing to have a break so don't despair at that. I totally get the waiting is really hard but sometimes it's worth it from what I read on these forums. I wish you loads of luck luv and stay healthy xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi hill dweller sorry for your disappointing news. I would be more inclined to think they're cancelling because of how many follicles you have? I had over 20 and they cancelled me because of high risk ohss. They warned me the whole way through so I wasn't shocked. I think In the end it was good for my body to go back to normal & just have a natural cycle. My clinic once or twice mentioned medication for lining issues if needed. Maybe probe them more about what they can give you? I understand how frustrating it is waiting xx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lexy123 For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (30-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have first EPU booked in for Monday. Scan yesterday with 16 follicles

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bluenails For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (30-01-2016),Evelynmoo  (30-01-2016),HillDweller  (30-01-2016),Kookii  (30-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Well 3rd bfn in a row for me just waiting for bloods to confirm, now our only hope is our frozen from 7 years ago

15. The Following User Says Thank You to katt1011 For This Useful Post:

Evelynmoo  (30-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by katt1011 View Post
    Hi ladies

Well 3rd bfn in a row for me just waiting for bloods to confirm, now our only hope is our frozen from 7 years ago
    So sorry Katt. I thought you were very much due and on this cycle. Sorry...xx