Closed Thread
Page 30 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Serani View Post
    Thanks Yes, on the one hand I'm glad there doesn't seem to be any major obstacles but on the other hand it makes you wonder why it hasn't happened if there's nothing wrong! Fortunately, they let me do another abdominal u/s so it will just be the transfer to freak out about
    I know, it's very frustrating!

All I could put it down to was maybe an issue with the sperm penetrating the egg when trying naturally? We did ICSI in our cycle just in case.

Fingers crossed it will only take the one transfer for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Serani, yes my first cycle! You? How are you follicles looking prior to egg collection? I just don't know what to expect..

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Evelynmoo yes I did the same with Orgalutran and it stung, it bleed, and it was swollen. I even thought the injection leaked out! Nurse said the same, it was a blood vessel & I ended up working out the sweet spots in my belly and didnt bruise.
    @Lexy123 I remember you from Nov thread. Congrats! Happy to see you got there!!

I recognise a few familiar names on here..

AFM - Had my WTF appt with FS today from last years failure. I just didnt respond, so we have a new plan. Im on 250 Puregon from day 2, with centrotide antagonist. My last cycle was Elonva & 150 Puregon with Orgalutran antag. Praying and quite positive about the simple plan with dose increase. My cycle starts this weekend!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (27-01-2016),Evelynmoo  (27-01-2016),Lexy123  (27-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzy Bear View Post
    Oops sorry!
    No probs at all luv. You weren't to know. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know, it's very frustrating!

All I could put it down to was maybe an issue with the sperm penetrating the egg when trying naturally? We did ICSI in our cycle just in case.

Fingers crossed it will only take the one transfer for you!
    Yeah, my friend who had unexplained as well (and is now 34 weeks preg from her 5th IVF cycle) mentioned something about that. We signed the form for ICSI but they haven't suggested we do it straight off. I might ask about it if this one doesn't work. I am very skeptical about it happening first go but trying to be positive. I hope it does the trick for you! I think I saw in another thread you're early days in this cycle, does that mean you've just started stims?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashe87 View Post
    Hi @Serani, yes my first cycle! You? How are you follicles looking prior to egg collection? I just don't know what to expect..
    Cool! Yes, first cycle for me too. On Monday, I had 15 follies >10mm but only 7 of them were 15mm or more. Hopefully by Friday lots have done some growing. How about you? I was expecting the hormones to make me a little crazy but so far that's been ok. I am so self-absorbed with it all though! I think that is what makes the time seem to drag, and we're not even at the 2WW yet haha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oops sorry!
    I had my 6th transfer today as well! Hopefully it's the lucky one for you 😄

9. The Following User Says Thank You to two souls For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (27-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Serani View Post
    Yeah, my friend who had unexplained as well (and is now 34 weeks preg from her 5th IVF cycle) mentioned something about that. We signed the form for ICSI but they haven't suggested we do it straight off. I might ask about it if this one doesn't work. I am very skeptical about it happening first go but trying to be positive. I hope it does the trick for you! I think I saw in another thread you're early days in this cycle, does that mean you've just started stims?
    No stims for me. Im doing a natural FET, have two frosties left from my first cycle back in 2012 so just waiting to ovulate to get a transfer date!

I was very skeptical and probably a bit naive and overwhelmed back when we did our stim cycle. I think you need to have a lot of trust in your doctor and hope for the best.

I have heard quite a few good results from first attempts so you never know. It's such a mixed bag of emotions isn't it!

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Razzy Bear For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (27-01-2016),Caesardust  (27-01-2016),Kookii  (29-01-2016),Mink  (27-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Serani just wanted to wish you well on your first round. Our plan did not include ICSI with FS on initial consultation and pre-cycle, but at egg pick up the FS changed it on the day to ICSI. So things can change in a cycle. They do what is best for you at the time. I was very happy when the FS chased me to the lift of day surgery in full scrubs to make sure she told me in person of the change. And she wasn't even my FS, she was from same clinic doing all EPU for that day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    bfn for me I'm afraid. Hope that other people get better news