Closed Thread
Page 3 of 108 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 1074
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    125
    Thanks
    73
    Thanked
    91
    Reviews
    0

    Default First time ivf

    Hi all, first time user here. Been searching the internet to help calm my nerves for the ivf journey we are about to embark on.
    Both hubby and I are 28 trying to conceive our first child. Been trying since last year, had really bad cramps which resulted in me being admitted to emergency.. Was referred to a specialist who performed laparoscopy in June. Found severe endometriosis and blocked tube. Also had another op in Aug to remove a uterus septum.. Currently have a mirena in to stop my period and control the endo.. Big hurdles in 2015 and was hard for hubby to accept ivf is the safest option for me. Seeing my fs next wed and find out our start date for the ivf journey as well as taking out the mirena (aargh) .. Extremely nervous and trying to stay positive.. Any similar stories??

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kathk18 For This Useful Post:

    Caesardust  (07-01-2016)

  3. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    103
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked
    77
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathk18 View Post
    Hi all, first time user here. Been searching the internet to help calm my nerves for the ivf journey we are about to embark on.
    Both hubby and I are 28 trying to conceive our first child. Been trying since last year, had really bad cramps which resulted in me being admitted to emergency.. Was referred to a specialist who performed laparoscopy in June. Found severe endometriosis and blocked tube. Also had another op in Aug to remove a uterus septum.. Currently have a mirena in to stop my period and control the endo.. Big hurdles in 2015 and was hard for hubby to accept ivf is the safest option for me. Seeing my fs next wed and find out our start date for the ivf journey as well as taking out the mirena (aargh) .. Extremely nervous and trying to stay positive.. Any similar stories??
    Hi Kath,

    I'm in a similar boat, a first time user too I'm 30 have have been TTC naturally for 2 years with no success yet. I had a Laparoscopy in August last year to remove endo and turns out my tubes are blocked, so we are starting IVF this year. I've been on the Pill for two weeks now. Due to see my FS and have my appointment with the nurse on Monday 11th Jan to start the Syranal nose spray on 12 Jan, then the injections 2 weeks after that. I'm on the long cycle because i'm at risk of Ovarian Hypo Stimulation.

    Fingers crossed for us all to have a successful 2016!

  4. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,733
    Thanks
    638
    Thanked
    473
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome to the new thread members! And a special welcome to the first-time IVF-ers. I'm a little bit of an IVF warrior (not overly so, but I've got 5 stim cycles and 2 FETs under my belt, and about to embark on stim #6), so if you want to ask any questions go right ahead... can't promise I'll know the answer though. My absolute #1 piece of advice for IVF newbies is please please PLEASE don't go into it expecting it to work first time, or even second time. Be as hopeful as you want, and no doubt you may get lucky, but the reality is that it takes an average of three full stims, including any FETs as a result of those stims, to have success. Often the first couple of cycles are just a science experiment to see how your body reacts, how your embryos go, whether you need IVF or ICSI, etc etc. I find that not enough people are told this blunt truth when they're embarking upon this journey, and so when the first or second cycles don't work, a lot of ladies/couples are absolutely crushed. It took me five stims/six transfers to get my beautiful DS, so persistence really can pay off, especially if you have age on your side.

  5. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    125
    Thanks
    73
    Thanked
    91
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie85 View Post
    Hi Kath,

    I'm in a similar boat, a first time user too I'm 30 have have been TTC naturally for 2 years with no success yet. I had a Laparoscopy in August last year to remove endo and turns out my tubes are blocked, so we are starting IVF this year. I've been on the Pill for two weeks now. Due to see my FS and have my appointment with the nurse on Monday 11th Jan to start the Syranal nose spray on 12 Jan, then the injections 2 weeks after that. I'm on the long cycle because i'm at risk of Ovarian Hypo Stimulation.

    Fingers crossed for us all to have a successful 2016!
    Yes definitely fingers crossed.. We are going through city fertility clinic. We attended the info session late last year and got quote Etc. We will be doing ICSI but from what I can see on our treatment plan no nasal spray just injections which I am so scared about.
    Can i ask the risk of ohs due to your age? The nurse did mention it to me more in relation to the side effects and what to monitor due to my age it more likely can occur.

  6. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    125
    Thanks
    73
    Thanked
    91
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post
    Welcome to the new thread members! And a special welcome to the first-time IVF-ers. I'm a little bit of an IVF warrior (not overly so, but I've got 5 stim cycles and 2 FETs under my belt, and about to embark on stim #6), so if you want to ask any questions go right ahead... can't promise I'll know the answer though. My absolute #1 piece of advice for IVF newbies is please please PLEASE don't go into it expecting it to work first time, or even second time. Be as hopeful as you want, and no doubt you may get lucky, but the reality is that it takes an average of three full stims, including any FETs as a result of those stims, to have success. Often the first couple of cycles are just a science experiment to see how your body reacts, how your embryos go, whether you need IVF or ICSI, etc etc. I find that not enough people are told this blunt truth when they're embarking upon this journey, and so when the first or second cycles don't work, a lot of ladies/couples are absolutely crushed. It took me five stims/six transfers to get my beautiful DS, so persistence really can pay off, especially if you have age on your side.
    Thanks for your reply and advice.. I definitely am mindful of that, makes me nervous but as you said being hopeful.
    I am seeing my FS next wed. He is also gynaecologist and obstetrician which is good as I have only been dealing with him. My question is what to expect prior to starting cycle. As mentioned I currently have a mirena in to control my endo. Would this need to come out in order to get my period so they know when I am ovulating ? Last time I saw him was back in Oct. . He mentioned it could stay in until I am ready for injections

  7. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    103
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked
    77
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathk18 View Post
    Yes definitely fingers crossed.. We are going through city fertility clinic. We attended the info session late last year and got quote Etc. We will be doing ICSI but from what I can see on our treatment plan no nasal spray just injections which I am so scared about.
    Can i ask the risk of ohs due to your age? The nurse did mention it to me more in relation to the side effects and what to monitor due to my age it more likely can occur.
    We're doing theICSI version too (male factor infertility as well as my endo and blocked tubes).I'm going through Monash IVF in Richmond. From what i understand the pill and nasal spray is part of the androgynous version where all natural hormonesare suppressed for 5 weeks, which creates a more controlled environment to stimulate with the injections. It is the longer version - all up around 8 weeks- but the safest version for me. My FS said I’m at a higher risk of hypostimulation because I have a low body weight (less than 50kg) and a very high ovarian reserve.

  8. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    476
    Thanks
    471
    Thanked
    270
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie85 View Post
    We're doing theICSI version too (male factor infertility as well as my endo and blocked tubes).I'm going through Monash IVF in Richmond. From what i understand the pill and nasal spray is part of the androgynous version where all natural hormonesare suppressed for 5 weeks, which creates a more controlled environment to stimulate with the injections. It is the longer version - all up around 8 weeks- but the safest version for me. My FS said I’m at a higher risk of hypostimulation because I have a low body weight (less than 50kg) and a very high ovarian reserve.
    I was at risk of OHSS because of same reasons (high AMH and low weight). We did the usual cycle with injections and my cycle was quite short probably only about 11 days. I didn't do an ET that month though and we froze all embryos. I got 14 eggs out and had no OHSS apart from bloating, a bit of leg pain and fatigue.

    Good luck!!

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Evelynmoo For This Useful Post:

    Annie85  (06-01-2016)

  10. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,733
    Thanks
    638
    Thanked
    473
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathk18 View Post
    Thanks for your reply and advice.. I definitely am mindful of that, makes me nervous but as you said being hopeful.
    I am seeing my FS next wed. He is also gynaecologist and obstetrician which is good as I have only been dealing with him. My question is what to expect prior to starting cycle. As mentioned I currently have a mirena in to control my endo. Would this need to come out in order to get my period so they know when I am ovulating ? Last time I saw him was back in Oct. . He mentioned it could stay in until I am ready for injections
    I've never had a mirena, so I'm not sure how it works, but I would have thought that it would need to come out and then when AF comes you would start your cycle. No need for them to know about ovulation, ovulation is irrelevant. But you may be able to start injections as soon as it comes out. They will probably do a BT and/or scan to make sure everything is baseline before you start stims anyway.

  11. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    125
    Thanks
    128
    Thanked
    66
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathk18 View Post
    Hi all, first time user here. Been searching the internet to help calm my nerves for the ivf journey we are about to embark on.
    Both hubby and I are 28 trying to conceive our first child. Been trying since last year, had really bad cramps which resulted in me being admitted to emergency.. Was referred to a specialist who performed laparoscopy in June. Found severe endometriosis and blocked tube. Also had another op in Aug to remove a uterus septum.. Currently have a mirena in to stop my period and control the endo.. Big hurdles in 2015 and was hard for hubby to accept ivf is the safest option for me. Seeing my fs next wed and find out our start date for the ivf journey as well as taking out the mirena (aargh) .. Extremely nervous and trying to stay positive.. Any similar stories??
    Hi Kathk were in a similar boat with the endo, I was diagnosed 6 years ago with stage 4 but had it removed 3 times since then. No pain any more. We've been Ttc for 1 yr but no joy so started Ivf 2 months ago. After the stim cycle I over stimulated so they cancelled & have had the last month off. Just started the fet cycle now. Starting to feel excited again, we have 10 shots with the 10 blasts in the freezer. Good luck in your journey x

  12. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    125
    Thanks
    73
    Thanked
    91
    Reviews
    0
    Thank you to all for your posts and sharing your stories. Will keep you posted after my FS appointment next Wednesday..
    Good luck to all


 

Similar Threads

  1. May 2016
    By exilius in forum When are you due?
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 26-10-2015, 17:07
  2. Due May 2016
    By karlischneider in forum Introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16-09-2015, 11:35
  3. Ttc 2016
    By anatonge1203 in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 30-04-2015, 21:10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Boody Organic Bamboo Baby Wear
Softer than your bub's bum Boody Organic Bamboo Baby Wear
Australia's favourite eco brand has delivered a gorgeous baby collection. Made from organic bamboo, Boody's extraordinarily soft and stretchy, skin-friendly tops, bottoms, onesies, bibs and wraps don't 'cost the earth'. Get 20% OFF! Code BUBHUB16.
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Transition into Parenthood / Calmbirth Sydney
Julie's Transition into Parenthood and Calmbirth courses for pregnant couples will get you ready, prepared and organised for the wonderful birth of your beautiful new baby. Birth Support Doula training provided in 2017 open to all. Call 0401 265 530
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!