Closed Thread
Page 29 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mink View Post
    Hi everyone I've been following via email updates on this thread but didn't have anything helpful or interesting to contribute. So I've just caught up on the last two pages for now.

Big congrats to you @Lexy123 !!!! So lucky on your first go too!! Gives me hope that it does happen.
    @RubyGirl I'm with evelynmoo on this topic personally. Amongst other reasons, I probably physically am at much bigger risk if I tried carrying twins. I think in the end it's a very personal choice. I'm only on my first IVF cycle with only one embryo left so I don't know. Maybe I'd change my mind if I had say 10 frozen embies and hoped/prayed for at least one sticking. Good luck with the decision.

Update on me with my FET. I've ovulated today so I'm officially on day 0. Sounds a bit post apocalyptic doesn't it? So my transfer will hopefully be on Monday. I'll be having GA for it because of the horror I went through with my first transfer, so I've got the day off work (yay!) and have 3 sessions of acupuncture booked in. My mum keeps telling me I really should not work and just rest until I get a BFP. What are everyone's thoughts on post transfer activity not just on the day and day after. Do you go about work normally or take a few days off to put your feet up?
    There's no reason to not go back to normal activities straight after transfer. The docs say it is actually bad to lie around as you want to keep the blood flow moving around your body. I generally just have the day off work for the transfer and back to work the next. Of course it depends what your job is though. No heavy lifting or excessive exercise is recommended.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi evelynmoo - asleep I believe, under sedation, nurses said I won't remember it but not a full General anesthetic..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesardust View Post
    There's no reason to not go back to normal activities straight after transfer. The docs say it is actually bad to lie around as you want to keep the blood flow moving around your body. I generally just have the day off work for the transfer and back to work the next. Of course it depends what your job is though. No heavy lifting or excessive exercise is recommended.

Yes that's such a good point re keeping the blood moving! I think my mum is just worried about it for me, which is kinda making me anxious and question my decisions. She doesn't even want me walking up and down stairs lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexy123 View Post
    Feeling pretty surreal ! It worked, I got a BFP !! I still feel like af is coming it's so strange. Due date 3rd October
    Congrats! That's awesome news. Enjoy

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ashe87 I had sedation as well but requested only a tiny bit so I could be awake to watch it all on the screen. I remember most of it but have small amounts of black outs for certain parts hahaha. Good luck its an amazing experience and make sure to take it easy for the few days after. I remember feeling soooo swollen and uncomfortable every time I tried to sit down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone I've been following via email updates on this thread but didn't have anything helpful or interesting to contribute. So I've just caught up on the last two pages for now.

Big congrats to you @Lexy123 !!!! So lucky on your first go too!! Gives me hope that it does happen.
    @RubyGirl I'm with evelynmoo on this topic personally. Amongst other reasons, I probably physically am at much bigger risk if I tried carrying twins. I think in the end it's a very personal choice. I'm only on my first IVF cycle with only one embryo left so I don't know. Maybe I'd change my mind if I had say 10 frozen embies and hoped/prayed for at least one sticking. Good luck with the decision.

Update on me with my FET. I've ovulated today so I'm officially on day 0. Sounds a bit post apocalyptic doesn't it? So my transfer will hopefully be on Monday. I'll be having GA for it because of the horror I went through with my first transfer, so I've got the day off work (yay!) and have 3 sessions of acupuncture booked in. My mum keeps telling me I really should not work and just rest until I get a BFP. What are everyone's thoughts on post transfer activity not just on the day and day after. Do you go about work normally or take a few days off to put your feet up?
    Thank you I took the day off & just did normal stuff around the house but didn't let myself get too hot. I was wall papering my room the next day lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lexy123 For This Useful Post:

Mink  (27-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesardust View Post
    No this is my 6th transfer. I know the hell of the tww very intimately.
    Oops sorry!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Evelyn for the info, much appreciated, my first cycle so not too sure what to expect!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashe87 View Post
    Wow Lexy! congratulations!! How wonderful for you! Did you test early or wait for the blood test?

My EPU is booked for Friday, trigger tonight!
    Hi Ashe, looks like we're EPU buddies, mine is on Friday too Is this your first round?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes that's such a good point re keeping the blood moving! I think my mum is just worried about it for me, which is kinda making me anxious and question my decisions. She doesn't even want me walking up and down stairs lol
    I agree with Caesardust. Simple walking or even housework as long as it doesnt require lifting is good. I remember doing gardening and even though i got a BFN my AF that month was a lot better because of probably acupuncture but I know I did a lot more activity as well so there was more blood flow as recommended by the acupuncture lady.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Evelynmoo For This Useful Post:

Mink  (27-01-2016)