Lexy, did you test early or wait for your blood test?
Yes I don't know how I will wait but I feel the same way! Congratulations again, hope everything goes well x
I know this is a controversial topic, but what are peoples thoughts on double embroy transfers?
My story goes:
IVF#1 July 2015 - x5 5 day blasts.
Fresh transfer = MC
FET #1 = BFN
FET #2 = BFN
Our embroys were not tested for chromosomal abnormalities and we were advised not to test the remaining 2 that we have as the chances of losing 1 or both are higher. Currently waiting on results for auto-immune deficiencies (get them back tomorrow). If the results come back ok we move onto a hysteroscopy. If the results come back with issues, we treat and then transfer.
My FS suggested a double embie transfer as statistics are higher for a pregnancy rate.
We are a little torn on what to do, because ultimately we could lose the 2 embroys that we do have.
Should that be the case we will stim again and then test all embroys.
For physical, emotional and financial reasons that would be our last IVF and FET attempts (with whatever embroys make it through the process)
Just wondering if anyone else has been in my situation and what you choose to do.
Thank you any advice!!!
@RubyGirl if FS said that pregnancy rate is higher I would totally do the double. I am a tiny person and have a few medical issues so carrying twins would be risky for me but I am already thinking of doing a double transfer in the future when I have only 2 embies left. I am willing to do anything now to get my precious baby. I've been offered the testing as well with the new clinic I'm going too but I don't want to risk losing the ones we have left during the thawing and testing process.
How was the process with auto immune, is that with all the NK cells, did you use a separate doctor for that or your usual FS?? I'm thinking of booking in with a fertility immunologist to get that kind of stuff tested out too.
ASF have any girls hit a blood vessel when they injected their stim drug? What happened when you did it?
I did my first injection tonight for this FET cycle and so much blood came out, then it swelled and got really elevated and now its horribly bruised in the injection site. I called the doctor on call and she said I probably hit a blood vessel. I got so worried because this never happened with the same injections when I did my stim cycle back in October.
Congrats @Lexy!!! Soooo lucky on 1st round!!!
RubyGirl. I have had 3 fresh and 2 single fet as a result of 3 stim cycles. I have two remaining day 6 untested embryos which I am transferring together. I figure it will close the chapter on my ivf with that clinic as immune issues protocol and Pgd testing is the next step for me with a new clinic. If I was lucky enough to end up with 1 or twins from this transfer I will be stoked but at least I know if it's not successful I can easily move onto the new clinic and start fresh with no left over embryos. I am also in the boat that after a stim cycle with Pgd testing that will be it for me with my own eggs at least.
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!