Closed Thread
Page 14 of 108 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Rather cr@p news for me. Had my first and as it turns out my only scan this morning. Only 4 follies. 2x 18/19mm and 2x 13/14mm. Because I have two that size-wise will be "ready" by Fri, I trigger tonight and EPU Friday. I've only been stimming 6 days, I'm CD 8 today and EPU will be CD 10... I can't imagine that any eggs they get will be mature.

Looks like either menopur doesn't work for me or my ovaries are starting to give up on life altogether. So disappointed. With my history of terrible fertilisation rate, even if I do end up with 4 mature eggs, I'd be lucky for even one to fertilise, let alone make it to transfer.

Feeling totally bummed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sariele I'm sorry to hear your news. I completely understand how bummed you are. We go into a cycle full of hope and then one thing can go slightly south and we're in a heap. Try to keep thinking that only one is needed and vent when you need xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sariele I'm sorry to hear you are disappointed. If you're on a new drug this time, you don't know what could happen, you may have 4 mature eggs. Some women even get more than one per follicle, maybe that's what the new drug will do for you. Like Ceaserdust said, you only need one. At the risk of sounding like a hippy, I really believe in the power of positive visualization. I hadn't been told how many follicles, just that I was ready and also only needed one scan. Before my round, I kept visualizing the number 12 written on my hand after I woke up from retrieval. Sure enough, 12 was the number. Afterwards when I told DH, who knew I'd been visualizing 12, he thought I was joking. I wish I'd known more about the process about fertilization and embryo development, as I would've been able to do the positive visualization at those stages too. Maybe it would have helped. Anyway, end of rant! It's worth a shot, visualizing the number 4? Or higher? 😉 I hope it goes well for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sariele I've done three cycles and in all of them I got the injections at night. I was told that can be done in the morning but, as I work shifts, sometimes I've got to be at work at 7:30 and others at 12:30, and so on. My safe bet is to do it at night after 10:30 because I know I'll be home by then.
    @Ashe87 Orgalutran will stop ovulation. But if you're worried a call to the nurses is always the best option.

Wow @rainbowroad that's an awesome number! Good luck on Saturday!
    @MrsZebu sometimes crinone makes you bleed a bit because irritates the cervix. Don't give up just yet! When is your bt?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post
    Rather cr@p news for me. Had my first and as it turns out my only scan this morning. Only 4 follies. 2x 18/19mm and 2x 13/14mm. Because I have two that size-wise will be "ready" by Fri, I trigger tonight and EPU Friday. I've only been stimming 6 days, I'm CD 8 today and EPU will be CD 10... I can't imagine that any eggs they get will be mature.

Looks like either menopur doesn't work for me or my ovaries are starting to give up on life altogether. So disappointed. With my history of terrible fertilisation rate, even if I do end up with 4 mature eggs, I'd be lucky for even one to fertilise, let alone make it to transfer.

Feeling totally bummed.
    Sorry about your news 😔
    Have you talk to your FS? Were you on Luveris to help mature the eggs? How was the outcome in your previous cycles? Did you have the same drugs?

Huge hug! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Lexy123 On Monday I spoke to a friend whose had 2 successful pregnancies from 3 IVF rounds (first one didn't take because of overstimulation). She said she didn't have any symptoms in her 2WW. So there's still hope!

It's Day 28 for me, and AF is usually on time. More red spotting this morning. My AF is usually light anyway, so it'll be hard to tell the difference between spotting from Crinone and full flow. I'm going for my blood test today. Im going to visualize the phone call from my clinic with positive news! Plus praying, plus fingers crossed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsZebu View Post
    @Lexy123 On Monday I spoke to a friend whose had 2 successful pregnancies from 3 IVF rounds (first one didn't take because of overstimulation). She said she didn't have any symptoms in her 2WW. So there's still hope!

It's Day 28 for me, and AF is usually on time. More red spotting this morning. My AF is usually light anyway, so it'll be hard to tell the difference between spotting from Crinone and full flow. I'm going for my blood test today. Im going to visualize the phone call from my clinic with positive news! Plus praying, plus fingers crossed.
    Hi MrsZebu

Is it possible the spotting could be implantation bleeding?

I had no signs in my two week wait with my DD apart from spotting about two days before my period was due and thought the worse until my blood test confirmed there was a bub on board.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post

Feeling totally bummed.
    Hey Sariele

Is it a possibility to cancel the cycle and try again for better numbers or are you happy to keep going and hope for the best with this one?

It's hard isn't it, not knowing how your body will respond to the drugs etc.

Fingers crossed for you if you do go ahead, as the other ladies say, it only takes one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you @Kookii and @Razzy Bear! I hope you're right. Razzy bear, your positive outcome has recharged my hope!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a thought, if I am having implantation bleeding now, would it be too soon for a positive result to show in a BT? I'm such a newbie!