Closed Thread
Page 13 of 108 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/FET Jan Feb 2016

Oops multiple postings
    Last edited by Twiglets; 18-01-2016 at 19:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HillDweller View Post
    Thanks MrsZebu, sounds like I'm going to be taking the same - I have Gonal F that I start tomorrow (day 3) and yep, Orgalatron I have to take from around day 6 (apparently I have to do a blood test that day and they'll confirm if it's time to add that shot into the mix). I just remembered when the nurse was talking about timing of the shots she said "do you ever stay back at work?" and when I said no she said, then probably best to do them at night some time. She didn't tell me to take them at a particular time though. Whoops I should have asked more questions!

She did say that once I do the trigger shot I stop all other shots, but didn't say whether I'd stop those shots prior to doing the trigger. Hmmm! I have to go for a blood test and ultrasound every Mon, Wed, Fri from day 8 and I assume they will tell me the day retrieval will be once the ultrasound shows everything is at the right size? But I'm not sure! It would be helpful if they could tell me earlier so I would know which days I need off work

I probably can take the hormones to the party do them in the bathroom, I'd probably be having both by that stage. I'd just prefer not to if I can find a work around because it's the type of place it's unlikely I'd be able to get to the bathroom discreetly without being asked 100 questions about what I'm doing, and although my immediate family know we're doing IVF I didn't really want it to be a big topic of conversation all around the party
    I had my first ultrasound and bloods on day 10 I think, which was a Sat. The radiographer told me at the start that I'd probably have to have a few scans but then she measured the follicles and said I wouldn't need anymore. So yes, as soon as the follies are the right size they'll book you in. She said to come in for one more blood test on Monday. A nurse rang that same Saturday to say that if the bloods look good on the Monday, that I would have retrieval on the Wednesday. So I was given 5 days notice. So hopefully you'll be given at least a few days to let your work know.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsZebu For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (18-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Good luck

Hi all just wanted to wish you the best of luck..
    I am still waiting for AF to arrive. This Wednesday would be a week since I have had the mirena out.. Anyone had the mirena? And if so how long after did AF come??
    It's annoying Coz spotting and cramping before mirena came our and still spotting just hope I don't miss out on my AF and mistake it for spotting but I guess I would get cramps and heavier flow???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow, I stand corrected. I've done IVF at three different clinics now, and have always been told to jab the morning. Never heard of anyone being told to do it in the evening!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,
    I'm currently doing my first Ivf cycle and im freaking out a bit, hoping someone can help..
    Early this morning I experienced Ewcm, is this normal during Ivf? I'm worried I'm ovulating even thought I'm taking orgalutran which is meant to stop ovulating, is it the rise in estrogen? That's what came up when I was googling during the night.. I'll call my clinic this morning but any advice would be great.. Thanks

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    So normal - it's because your estrogen is increasing as your follicles mature. The orgalutran will stop you ovulating!

Hi everyone, I haven't posted for a while. I had my egg collection on Monday. Got 14 eggs collected, and all were ICSId. Yesterday I found out that 10 had fertilised properly and so now I'm waiting for my Day 3 update tomorrow and then transfer on Saturday!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (21-01-2016),HillDweller  (20-01-2016),Lovebubs77  (21-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That is great news rainbow road. 10 is a fantastic number!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the reply rainbow road, much appreciated!
    Wow what a great egg collection!! Best of luck..
    I'm having my first one at some stage next week

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sariele It just goes to show how different the clinics can be I guess. They probably each think that they are right. Or maybe some have run more recent trials than others. Who knows! I guess all we can do is what we are told by our clinics.
    @rainbow road Well done - that's a great number. Fingers crossed for good news with Day 3 update!

I have just started getting some cramping that feels more like period pain and when I went to the bathroom it looked like there was a touch of blood amongst excess Crionone gunk. I'm presuming both are really bad signs? I hadn't been feeling as positive about it for the past 24 hours. I hope this isn't why! 😟

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me neither but I've got no symptoms except the crinone ones I think what your describing could be a good thing.