Closed Thread
Page 12 of 108 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Lexy123 My test is the day of my af too. That's a really good question about whether the progesterone would delay it anyway. Does anyone else know?

@Twiglets When's your BT?

@HillDweller I was super daunted too! I was dreading the shots and expected them to send my emotions all over the shop, but they hardly hurt and I was happy and stable the whole time. Although, I'm lucky enough to have been on holidays for the whole thing. Everyone on here is here to help and support each other, so you're not alone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiglets View Post
    Lexy123, when's your bt? The wait is doing my head in but I'm not feeling that confident this time
    It's next wed the 27th. I keep having neg thoughts prob to protect myself abit but really it's a 50/50 chance so guess hope for best but expect the worst !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiglets View Post
    Lexy123, when's your bt? The wait is doing my head in but I'm not feeling that confident this time
    When is your bt ? X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsZebu View Post
    @Lexy123 My test is the day of my af too. That's a really good question about whether the progesterone would delay it anyway. Does anyone else know?

@Twiglets When's your BT?

@HillDweller I was super daunted too! I was dreading the shots and expected them to send my emotions all over the shop, but they hardly hurt and I was happy and stable the whole time. Although, I'm lucky enough to have been on holidays for the whole thing. Everyone on here is here to help and support each other, so you're not alone!
    Thanks @MrsZebu That makes me feel better! I'm so worried about my moods swinging all over the place from the drugs. I've experienced some horrible times with other natural products that affect your hormones (both maca and evening primrose oil send me into a scary rage if I take them for more than a week!) so I'm really really hoping it is all ok!

I'm trying to decide what time I should do the injections in the day. I want to do them at night and was going to do them around 9.30pm, but we're going to a family party this Saturday night, so that might be a bit inconvenient! So I might have to do them around 7pm each night instead. You really know you're old when "trying to decide the best time to take these drugs before the party" means your IVF injections LOL

Re the progesterone - I asked the nurse about how AF turns up if it's a failed transfer if you're on progesterone and she said usually, once they've confirmed you're not pregnant, they'll tell you to stop the progesterone and AF will show a few days later. I have no actual experience with that yet obviously, but that's what she told me!

The clinic just called and said my blood test this morning was all good - hormones were all nice and baseline, so I can start my shots tomorrow.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

Lexy123  (18-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HillDweller View Post

I'm trying to decide what time I should do the injections in the day. I want to do them at night and was going to do them around 9.30pm, but we're going to a family party this Saturday night, so that might be a bit inconvenient! So I might have to do them around 7pm each night instead. You really know you're old when "trying to decide the best time to take these drugs before the party" means your IVF injections LOL
    Just so you know hun, most clinics prefer that you do the jabs in the morning. The main reason for this is that on the day you trigger, your trigger shot will be done at night, so it's best that your last lost of stims were already done that morning. And they like it to be taken at the same-ish time each day, hence morning. It also means you get them over and done with first thing and don't have to think about it or try and remember for the rest of the day. I would check with your clinic before doing them afternoon/evening, just to be sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post
    Just so you know hun, most clinics prefer that you do the jabs in the morning. The main reason for this is that on the day you trigger, your trigger shot will be done at night, so it's best that your last lost of stims were already done that morning. And they like it to be taken at the same-ish time each day, hence morning. It also means you get them over and done with first thing and don't have to think about it or try and remember for the rest of the day. I would check with your clinic before doing them afternoon/evening, just to be sure.

Aha, thanks so much for that @Sariele ! I'm glad I mentioned it to you guys now!

How much notice do they usually give you for your trigger injection? Do they tell you the day before what time you have to take it or something? It will be at home in my fridge, so I just want to make sure I would know in time to make sure I'll be home when I need to take it..

Thanks
    Reviews
    @HillDweller Thanks for answering that question about the progesterone, that makes complete sense.

My clinic, Repromed (in SA), gave me strict instructions to take Gonadel F (the hormone) between 7-10pm each night from days 2-6. From day 6 I had to take Orgalatron as well between 9-10pm each night. Do you have to take that too? Because we had two shots, we did them consistently at 9pm (one each side of belly button). Perhaps they say nighttime so that they can settle into your body. I know social occasions can make it tricky. I had to have one of mine on NYE. DH gave me all of my shots and because that night he'd had a couple drinks he was trying harder to concentrate and was a bit shaky and that one resulted in a little bruise! Ha ha. Is it possible to take the hormones in an esky to the family party? And find a room where you could discreetly inject (bathroom maybe)? For me, both shots stopped the night before trigger shot day. My clinic had told me after my second blood test exactly when to do the trigger (when they knew exactly when I was booked for retrieval). They also texted me a reminder day of and 15 minutes before hand. I wasn't expecting the texts. Maybe your clinic will too? You could ask if you're concerned. I know it's a lot to remember!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsZebu View Post
    @HillDweller Thanks for answering that question about the progesterone, that makes complete sense.

My clinic, Repromed (in SA), gave me strict instructions to take Gonadel F (the hormone) between 7-10pm each night from days 2-6. From day 6 I had to take Orgalatron as well between 9-10pm each night. Do you have to take that too? Because we had two shots, we did them consistently at 9pm (one each side of belly button). Perhaps they say nighttime so that they can settle into your body. I know social occasions can make it tricky. I had to have one of mine on NYE. DH gave me all of my shots and because that night he'd had a couple drinks he was trying harder to concentrate and was a bit shaky and that one resulted in a little bruise! Ha ha. Is it possible to take the hormones in an esky to the family party? And find a room where you could discreetly inject (bathroom maybe)? For me, both shots stopped the night before trigger shot day. My clinic had told me after my second blood test exactly when to do the trigger (when they knew exactly when I was booked for retrieval). They also texted me a reminder day of and 15 minutes before hand. I wasn't expecting the texts. Maybe your clinic will too? You could ask if you're concerned. I know it's a lot to remember!

Thanks MrsZebu, sounds like I'm going to be taking the same - I have Gonal F that I start tomorrow (day 3) and yep, Orgalatron I have to take from around day 6 (apparently I have to do a blood test that day and they'll confirm if it's time to add that shot into the mix). I just remembered when the nurse was talking about timing of the shots she said "do you ever stay back at work?" and when I said no she said, then probably best to do them at night some time. She didn't tell me to take them at a particular time though. Whoops I should have asked more questions!

She did say that once I do the trigger shot I stop all other shots, but didn't say whether I'd stop those shots prior to doing the trigger. Hmmm! I have to go for a blood test and ultrasound every Mon, Wed, Fri from day 8 and I assume they will tell me the day retrieval will be once the ultrasound shows everything is at the right size? But I'm not sure! It would be helpful if they could tell me earlier so I would know which days I need off work

I probably can take the hormones to the party do them in the bathroom, I'd probably be having both by that stage. I'd just prefer not to if I can find a work around because it's the type of place it's unlikely I'd be able to get to the bathroom discreetly without being asked 100 questions about what I'm doing, and although my immediate family know we're doing IVF I didn't really want it to be a big topic of conversation all around the party

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I had failed cycles af always arrived in the morning 2 days before BT. It was always after the BT when they said to stop the progesterone.

I took injections in the morning. Time of trigger was given to me in the morning after my 3rd scan and bloods.

By is 29th, so only a day behind you.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Twiglets For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (18-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I had failed cycles af always arrived in the morning 2 days before BT. It was always after the BT when they said to stop the progesterone.

I took injections in the morning. Time of trigger was given to me in the morning after my 3rd scan and bloods.

Bt is 29th, so only a day behind you.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Twiglets For This Useful Post:

Lexy123  (18-01-2016)