Closed Thread
Page 1 of 108 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF/FET Jan Feb 2016

It's super early, but thought I'd kick off this thread anyway. We're TTC #2; our DS (20 months) was a result of our 5th full stim cycle. That was in Brisbane, but we're now living in England. I returned to Aus in Sept for a double FET of two blasts, but neither even implanted, so back to square one with a stim cycle at a new clinic in Southampton. At this stage I'm looking at CD 1 being approx. Jan 15th. We have an appt this Thu to talk about the drugs I'll be taking, and an appt with the donor coordinator on Dec 16th (we need to use donor sperm due to azoo).

Doing acupuncture, taking a whole heap of supplements including DHEA, and crossing my fingers that we get a better run this time around, as we have to pay full cost in England, so I'm not even sure if we'll be able to afford more than one stim. :/

Hoping some peeps will join me in here soon. I'll bump the thread if necessary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Sariele we've been trying for baby #1 for over 3 years now. Just got a BFN for our first fresh ET and now looking at Janurary for our one FET. Must be very expensive doing IVF in England, especially considering their exchange rate with Aussie dollars. Hopefully you'll only need one stim cycle over there though. Good luck and hope to keep in touch around January

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Sariele. I'll be cycling in Jan as well. I know how you feel, we got our 3rd bfn yesterday and that was our last frosty. Now to start from scratch.

Best of luck! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mink and Kookii, sorry to hear about your recent BFNs. It's nice to have you on board for January anyway.. hopefully we'll all be celebrating come Feb.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

Kookii  (25-11-2015),Mink  (25-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had our appt with the nurse today. The whole thing is going to cost us just over £6000. DH is anxious about that, for various reasons. I told him we can postpone if necessary, but he said it doesn't make any difference for now, so we'll go ahead unless something changes in the meantime.

We chose a sperm donor today. The nurse gave us a list of 8 to look at, and luckily the donor coordinator was free, so she was able to come in right then and there to see us. One of the donors was tall-ish with DH's colouring. We asked for his "pen profile" where he writes a bit about himself, along with one other donor, and that decided it for us. Nowhere near the amount of info we got from Xytex though through our Brisbane clinic, no photos or detailed family medical history or anything. Oh, and interestingly, apparently twins run in his family on both sides, and he's a twin too, lol.

My meds are menopur, cetrotide, and ovitrelle for the trigger (which is the same as ovidrel). The progesterone support they use is called Utrogestan.. it's little pellets (at least half the size of a pessary, probably even smaller) that you insert with an applicator stick. No lying down afterward, and apparently little to no residue leakage for most people. Also, at your embryo transfer the nurse gives you a shot of Buserelin which is a GnRH agonist... apparently it helps increase your chances. I think I've heard of the drug before but I don't know anything about it.

So we still have our appt with the donor counsellor in Dec, which should be pretty short since we've already done all that stuff the first time around. Then early January I will contact them to order the drugs, which will be couriered to me. In the meantime I'll keep popping supplements and being poked at with acu needles, lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey it's finally Dec, which means we start stimming next month, and will (hopefully) have a chance at being UTD the month after. Woo!

Yes, this was a shameless thread-bump.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post
    Hey it's finally Dec, which means we start stimming next month, and will (hopefully) have a chance at being UTD the month after. Woo!

Yes, this was a shameless thread-bump.
    I never heard about Buserelin before. We've got an appt with FS next week to discuss our next cycle, I'll ask her then if I still remember 🤔

I didn't know you need sperm donor. How many cycles did you have before having to go with it? If next cycle doesn't work, we might have to start thinking about it too. That was what FS said last time.

Wish you all the best! I won't be around much during December, just want to take a break from all of this at least for a couple of weeks.

Take care of yourself! January is around the corner! 😉
    Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, this is the thread for me by the looks of it. Hubby and I are looking like starting our IVF/ICSI rollercoaster in Jan/Feb. I 'should' be CD1 around the 27th of Jan and have an appointment to pick up all the meds and all that on the 22nd. Nervous, scared, excited, anxious etc etc that's for sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone, following 3 x unsuccessful IUI's with donor sperm my husband and I will also be starting the IVF/ICSI rollercoaster. We have just changed to a new fertility clinic so are just getting through a new round of the bloods, ultrasounds etc then we'll get started

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/FET Jan Feb 2016

Hi @MrsO84 and @Buttons13!
    @Kookii - our first two cycles we used frozen sperm from my DH that was stored back in 2006. It was very very poor count and quality though, so the first cycle they ICSI'd all 6 eggs and only one fertilised. The second cycle they thawed all the remaining sperm to try and find enough decent ones.... and they only found ONE motile sperm. ICSI'd one of my eggs and it fertilised too. Both times though, my dodgy first clinic insisted upon transferring them on day 1, so I'll never know if they even progressed past that. Then we started at a new clinic with donor sperm, and in the first two cycles there I only had two eggs fertilise each time, and with dodgy slow embies after day 3, so turns out my eggs are cr@p too. But the third try we went crazy with supplements, acupuncture, extra drugs, etc, and I ended up with 15 eggs, all mature, 10 fertilised, 5 blasties, and one baby.

But now my bad eggs are 2.5 years older, and I'm not able to use Saizen this time which is quite possibly what worked for us last time, so I'm really apprehensive that we're going to revert back to my usual standard of only getting 1-2 very dodgy embies that have no chance.