+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How to cope- pregnant with #2

I'm 9 weeks with Bub number 2 and I'm beyond exhausted. Morning/all day sickness is killing me, my gorgeous toddler is very energetic, and I'm struggling to keep up. I don't have family or friends who can help and though DH is great, he can't do enough at the moment.
    I can't even think straight enough to figure out how to get some help or support.
    What have your experiences been?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 12 weeks into pregnancy number 3, and have been pretty bed bound. My girls have just had to cope, as bad as that sounds. I supervise from the lounge or bed, and I hate to say it, but they have had a lot of TV time. It's not forever, and I need to be able to survive. I have no help either, apart from DH in the morning and evenings. I have used an agency babysitter for a couple of hours to get some sleep on really bad days. It sucks so much!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moto View Post
    I'm 12 weeks into pregnancy number 3, and have been pretty bed bound. My girls have just had to cope, as bad as that sounds. I supervise from the lounge or bed, and I hate to say it, but they have had a lot of TV time. It's not forever, and I need to be able to survive. I have no help either, apart from DH in the morning and evenings. I have used an agency babysitter for a couple of hours to get some sleep on really bad days. It sucks so much!!
    This.

I had horrid MS. Mine eased a little at 13ish weeks and is pretty much gone as of 17 weeks.

I needed zofran or I could not function. Watched lots of tv with DS. Supervised from the couch. Let him jump on the bed to let out excess energy. Let him eat easy to make stuff. And just survived.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

moto  (23-11-2015)

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi, I would try to kid proof the house, or at least make one or two rooms safe and secure for the toddler to be able to move around, but not come to any harm, and then just sit down and do nothing if you can. don't worry about the housework or anything else, so long as you have food in the house, and you can rest when you need. hugs, marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dd became a couch potato, it was all I could do to keep her occupied whilst I sat with my head over the toilet most of every morning. I hated it as she never watched tv before that but I just had to do what I could. She was 18mths when I was pregnant with that bub, sadly we lost them 10wks later so I had to rinse and repeat a few months later when pregnant with ds. It was only a short time in the grand scheme of things
    Last edited by michellek; 24-11-2015 at 12:01.