+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    I had a family member who thought sunscreen was poison and would use paw paw balm instead. Yeah that poor kid got burnt to a crisp several times.
    Poor kid

I am so vigilant with my kids, I even have the sun smart app which send me a notification every morning with the UV alert. It's brilliant!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to just her chameleon For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (23-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwimum890 View Post
    oh my god, the products on this site. I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry. "The science is completely different in the sense that we are imprinting frequencies in the water whereas homeopathy imprints substances."
    Oh well that makes it ok! Such science.

DH and I are physical chemists, we often joke that our back up plan for jobs is to use our knowledge to come up with a scam like this with just enough scientific basis (and big words) to sound plausible, we'd make so much money. More than we'd make being actual scientists ….

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

BluePixie  (24-11-2015),gingermillie  (24-11-2015),just her chameleon  (24-11-2015)

kiwimum890 is offline It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    I had a family member who thought sunscreen was poison and would use paw paw balm instead. Yeah that poor kid got burnt to a crisp several times.
    That just makes me want to cry, those poor kids, how could anyone be so silly? There are chemical free sunscreens without having to put paw paw cream on, common sense really!

kiwimum890 is offline It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deku View Post
    oh my god, the products on this site. I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry. "The science is completely different in the sense that we are imprinting frequencies in the water whereas homeopathy imprints substances."
    Oh well that makes it ok! Such science.

DH and I are physical chemists, we often joke that our back up plan for jobs is to use our knowledge to come up with a scam like this with just enough scientific basis (and big words) to sound plausible, we'd make so much money. More than we'd make being actual scientists ….
    Yep it was a bit of a laugh really, it is crazy how many people will get sucked in!
    You could make millions ha ha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by just her chameleon View Post
    No, she was talking just plain regular H20. I also got told sunscreen can make it worse

Always an interesting weekend when we catch up!
    My bold. This IS true for some people- I burn really bad if I wear sunscreen (branded sunscreen anyway).

Whereas if I stay shaded/covered, drink lots of water, use moisturiser with a very low SPF, and overall take care in the sun, I am fine. (If a use sunscreen instad of my moisturiser I burn)

ETA: It's possible that it's just the sunscreens I have tried, and haven't found one that works for me yet. But the point is the same whether it's some sunscreen that makes me burn, or all. I'd rather go with what I know works.
    Last edited by DT75; 24-11-2015 at 09:57.