+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What to do with these used baby goods?

I have some used baby goods to sell or give away, not sure who would take them, or if someone would. They are:

1. A car baby capsule. Bought in 2010 and used for both my kids, my youngest used it just last year. Nothing wrong with it, never been in an accident, still conforms to current safety standards. I'd give it to friends/family since they would trust me it's safe but no one I know needs it. Not sure if a 'stranger' would trust this.
    2. Breast pump. Purchased 2010 as well, used for second child until early this year. Not sure if there are hygiene issues. Still works.
    3. Supplemental nursing system. Same as for breast pump, not sure about hygiene issues.
    4. Breast pads / nursing pads. Some unused disposable ones still individually wrapped. Some cloth ones, used but clean (my mum bought me these, they were quite expensive thought I could save someone some money). Not sure if someone would find these useful or 'icky' second hand.
    5. Baby bottles. They'd need new teats as they silicone ones they came with have degraded. The bottles themselves are fine, again thought maybe might save someone money.

i don't know which if any I could sell on eBay or whatever, and which I should just give to an op shop.

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some may not feel comfortable with the capsule as they wouldn't know it's history there may be rules about weather an op shop can sell them too, the pump might be good with new tubing etc, depends on brand and type, the sns and bottles might not be worth it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    These things all sell like hot cakes on our local Facebook Buy, Sell or Swap pages.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know op shops can't take electrical goods for safety reasons so it's probably the same with capsules, you're probably right. Just seems silly for it to sit in a landfill. Wanted to check before I sent it there 😩.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'd put an ad up on Gumtree or a local BSS, free to anyone who could use them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WannaBMummy82 View Post
    These things all sell like hot cakes on our local Facebook Buy, Sell or Swap pages.
    Definitely buy, swap and sell.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you have a local Ronald McDonald House near you? I donated a lot of stuff there after my last pregnancy. They have so many families through there I'm sure they'd be glad for some thing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A local women's shelter would love all of those items or any community centre, local maternity hospital, young parents centre etc etc The list goes one! Please don't dump them! I spend half my work day trying to find items like this for needy families!!!