+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Tubes tied???

My husband and I have decided we are done. We have been blessed with two beautiful and healthy boys and we don't want anymore kids. I have had a few issues with the pill and I'm not keen to try mirena or injections. So I have decided to get my tubes tied.
    Has anyone done this? What are the good
    Things/bad things? Does it cause weight gain?
    My doctor didn't seem to keen and was pushing the mirena or said my husband should get vasectomy.
    What has been your experience? Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not personally but have you considered ablation? A friend just had it done to her uterus as she is done with babies and had endo too. She is sooo pleased. I'm not sure which is less invasive but id never heard of it before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    My DH was going to have a vasectomy but my Ob suggested getting my tubes tied during my c-section with our third bub and I figured that he was already in the area so why not?
    I wish I'd done a bit more research beforehand especially into the negative side effects that many women seem to experience - heavy, painful periods for one.
    Luckily though, I haven't really experienced any negative side effects. My periods are all over the place but that could be due all the medical issues I've had.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would have a good research into it before you have it done. I had mine done at the same time as DD4 delivery. My period went from being short, pain free and light to long, painful and heavy plus spotting throughout the month. My weight was out of control, nothing would really work to stop me gaining.
    Had my tubes reversed in March, finally everything is back to normal again.