+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Chipped molar

Hi all, I just noticed that DS1 has chipped a molar. It's a baby tooth and I was just wondering whether I need to call the dentist tonight or if it can wait? Also any idea what they might do to it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is it hurting him? You could always call an emergency dentist and ask if it can wait until tomorrow.

If it is a baby tooth they will probably smooth it off and let it fall out naturally.

My DD chipped the corner of her front adult tooth on the bottom of the pool and the dentist just smoothed it off so it wasn't rough. They will cap it when it is finally all the way through. They said when she is around 13, as they don't want to do any damage to it.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    Hi all, I just noticed that DS1 has chipped a molar. It's a baby tooth and I was just wondering whether I need to call the dentist tonight or if it can wait? Also any idea what they might do to it?
    I have no idea! How bad is the chip? Is is causing him any grief?
    DS chipped both his front teeth at daycare a few weeks ago. I didn't take him to get checked out because it didn't seem to be bothering him.
    Now I'm wondering if I should too!

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    My DS chipped his tooth and I did nothing about it. It was over a year ago and it's fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's not bothering him, and in fact I don't know how long it's been there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD1 chipped one of her baby molars but her's was causing pain so we went to the dentist the next day.

Chipped molars are often due to decay so they like to put a cover on the tooth to save it decaying further or chipping more and exposing a nerve.
    They put a silver mouldable type crown on my DD's chipped molar.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Chipped molar

Id definitely take him to see a dentist but if it's not causing pain then just whenever you can get an appointment. Dental care is just so important, I wouldn't take any risks.

My DSS hit one of his baby teeth and had to get it removed or it would have rotted and damaged the adult tooth. Or something to that affect. I heard the story third hand!

An adult friend of mine tragically died from an infected tooth (not a chipped tooth) and I've been paranoid about dental health ever since.
    Last edited by babyno1onboard; 22-11-2015 at 20:22.