+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We just have an almost 5 month old baby girl do she won't know what's going on but love the ideas of these traditions!
    As part of her present we bought her the 'lost my name' book and wow it is just gorgeous and I can see her enjoying that for years to come. If you haven't seen it before you can buy them here
    https://www.lostmy.name

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (23-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I introduced my family's tradition around xmas here.
    We do the "12 days of xmas" in the lead-up to xmas eve- so 12th-24th- and everyone gets little gifts each day. Small things like a chocolate, hair ties, balloons etc.
    Then one gift is opened xmas eve- usually something from grandparents.

We give them their big xmas gift, and Santa brings toys, games, books and 'needs' (sock gifts).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (23-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Xmas is a month long celebration in our family !

Because we do elf on the shelf, on December 1st we get our tree delivered, the elf comes back and brings DS a pressy either pj,s , book or Christmas ornament or something Christmassy so DS gets at least a few weeks to play/read/wear the things ( he's getting pjs and a stuffed Grinch teddy this year from the Elf) and then of course we decorate the tree

I also put out on the 1st December every years santa photos which is fun to see how much he's grown/changed , as he's only had 5 Christmases I also put out his santa cousin photos ( both sides of our family get santa photos with all the cousins )

This year I'm getting some xmas prints of the Grinch story made ( he loves Dr Seuss and loves the Grinch story ) so I'll hang those up for the month and I have all of those old Frosty, Rudolph and Santa Claus DVD,s that I used to watch as a kid and we watch them every weekend in December leading up until xmas

We started doing the kmart wishing tree gift last year so in December we will go and pick a present for DS to give to another child

DH is making DS a lego table to store and play with all his lego as he's now obsessed with which I think will be really special as DH made it for him

Xmas eve we make Santa some brownies and put out orange juice and water out for the reindeer , Santa ( my dad!) calls every xmas eve to talk to DS and his cousins which they love
    Some of these sound similar - we do advent activities which the kids have a ball with. Hanging out to start, but we have it starting on Dec 1st...must be patient!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Poppy View Post
    We also bring out all the santa photos. I love seeing how much dd has grown and now we have ds.
    Every year the kids get to pick an ornament and i write their name and year on it.
    We also do the wishing tree. And pack boxes of food for shelters to make hampers
    Thank you! You just reminded me about the hamper. I have some time to get something extra done today so that may be it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love Christmas!!!

Our traditions include a "tree decorating" get together - this was originally with a close group of girlfriends and has extended to include kids too now. Lots of food and drink, christmas music and dvds, kris kringle, and spending time with great friends. The day before we go and pick out a tree from the Christmas Tree farm with the kids which is lots of fun.

From the 1st of December we also do elf on a shelf and a book advent calendar (a Christmas themed book every night before bed during December).

The kids have a cookie decorating get together with a few friends during December.

Christmas eve is a get together with the inlaws. A bit less relaxing than I would like (especially for the kids), but it means that our Christmas day is more relaxed and we don't need to travel far.

For presents this year we are getting the kids new beds. Not that exciting, but they are raised and come with a tent over the top (from Ikea) so I think the kids will love them. Santa sacks will be filled with puzzles, books, summer stuff (bathers, buckets, spades, beach gear) and a few toys.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sajimum For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (23-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    I read it somewhere and thought that's cute.
    I like the idea of adding a movie to it too! @2giraffes
    Our kids love it. There is also a knock on the door and when we answer it we find the box on the doorstep. Those elves are always too quick for us. Adds so much excitement to the afternoon/night.

We also sprinkle reindeer food over our front lawn. Just rolled oats mixed with glitter so the reindeers can see where to land from the sky.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We do a 1st December box -given as we put up decorations.
    It usually has a advent calendar, Christmas teddy (with the year on the foot) my kids get one every year and will until they are at least 18, pjs, Christmas shirt, Christmas book, Christmas dvd, Santa letter kit.
    We also do a photo shoot every year for the Christmas cards.
    Last edited by Ashfirst; 23-11-2015 at 13:36.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ashfirst For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (25-11-2015)