+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby # 2 could end our marriage, help!!

I've just found out I'm about 5weeks pregnant and DH is very negative about the whole thing. There have been a lot of problems in our life, outside of our relationship that have eventually taken a toll on us. Baby # 2 is a surprise, although a talked about plan for further down the track. Baby # 1 is 15 months and has been a dream baby, but I have had mental health issues due to finances etc. I have had therapy and am cleared of MH. DH believes I won't cope this time round, and has me believing I will fail. Whenever I try to talk to him he brushes off my feelings as pregnancy mood swings and wants nothing to do with me. The stress is now causing me to become physically ill to the point of being unable to eat... I have no one to turn to. Help!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Baby # 2 could end our marriage, help!!

Can you try get your DH to a counselling session. If you go to your GP you can get put on the mental health care plan and you get up to 10 free sessions with a psychologist. You really need to open up the lines of communication with him. Sending hugs xx maybe start with some sessions by yourself. You need to take care of yourself. You need some support. Feel free to inbox me anytime. Xoxo
    Last edited by Apples1234; 22-11-2015 at 10:17.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Apples1234 For This Useful Post:

rosesareyellow  (22-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know what you are going through! However you need to look after yourself and forget about him at the moment ... You need to make sure that you are eating and that you have the best time with your little one as well... Pregnancy is important and at the end of the day it has happened for a reason and of course you can cope just like any other mother has whatever the age! It's a miracle baby and if God has given u this because he knows you can cope darling! It's a gift! If you Mr wants to be a **** head leave him men have their stages but I'm sure he will get out of that soon, give him space and at the same time do you babe! You come first remember that and so does your little one xoxoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am sorry to hear that. I am going to councelling at the moment for assorted reasons, one of which is a low self esteem. When my partner and I found out we were expecting we were actually living apart, our relationship was a bit rocky and we got back together because we both wanted this baby. This is his first, I have two children from a previous marriage. I am finding the councelling is helping me heaps as I had a lot of negative influence growing up. I think that you need to communicate as simple as possible with your husband (it is hard to do when we are emotional creatures to start with. Ask him to write you a letter about how he is feeling if he feels he can't tell you in case you get upset. But it needs to be sorted now. I hope he comes round.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry to hear, that sounds very stressful for you. Maybe take him along to a counselling session so he can see that you are ok. He needs to be supportive otherwise you will fall into a dark place.