+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Daunted by upcoming first IVF

Hi everyone

Hubby (30) and I (32) have been TTC since May 2014. I have a tilted, T shaped uterus, thin lining and some small cysts and slight endemetriosis that the Dr isn't concerned about. DH's sperm is fine, and my Fallopian tubes are clear. I'm from Adelaide but moved to country SA to be closer to DH. I've tried acupuncture, Chinese herbs and naturopaths. We've just delayed our first round of IVF until my cycle beginning end of Dec, so that we'll both be on holidays and DH can help with the injections. We're going through Repromed and we've found their communication inconsistent. I'm feeling very anxious about it all. I've just signed up here and still learning how it all works. I'd really appreciate any advice or tips about IVF.

Thanks! 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi 😀 its so daunting, I know! We went through flinders fertility (South Adelaide) and they've been awesome, and affordable. But they really only gave me the next bit of info when it was relevant, when what I wanted was the big picture. We did a frozen cycle this month with our last frozen embryo and I just found out it worked - and I was given odds of around 10%. So don't let the figures get you down! But it's a confusing road to start with and you really want to click with the doctor. The actual Ivf was a little gruelling, so I would totally recommend joining an Ivf forum to talk to other people in the same boat - it saved my sanity!! But feel free to hit me up with any questions 😀

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi @MrsZebu, there should be a November/December 2015 IVF thread running- the ladies there will be a wealth of information. You will likely get a good mix of first-timers like yourself, others doing FET's or repeat stim cycles. Sometimes just knowing there are others in the same boat as you can help.
    Good luck, and hopefully it will be a short journey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mrs. Zebu ! I agree with suzie t .. This was my first ever Ivf cycle and I found it great to use the forum for support and knowledge on what it's all about .. It really helped with the constant wondering and waiting !! Ivf is a constant waiting game .. Waiting for af, waiting for how you respond to needles, how many eggs, how many fertilized ! It can be very overwhelming and stressful ! I have so far been very fortunate and am currently 7 weeks pregnant .. Fingers crossed !!! Happy to answer any questions also and hope you have a smooth and positive first cycle !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck mrs zebu! I found this forum fantastic for information and support!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsZebu View Post
    Hi everyone

Hubby (30) and I (32) have been TTC since May 2014. I have a tilted, T shaped uterus, thin lining and some small cysts and slight endemetriosis that the Dr isn't concerned about. DH's sperm is fine, and my Fallopian tubes are clear. I'm from Adelaide but moved to country SA to be closer to DH. I've tried acupuncture, Chinese herbs and naturopaths. We've just delayed our first round of IVF until my cycle beginning end of Dec, so that we'll both be on holidays and DH can help with the injections. We're going through Repromed and we've found their communication inconsistent. I'm feeling very anxious about it all. I've just signed up here and still learning how it all works. I'd really appreciate any advice or tips about IVF.

Thanks! 😊
    Welcome to Bubhub. Lots of support here. Try not to be too anxious about IVF. Take it one day at a time and jump in on the December thread, you'll meet lots of compatriots there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

Thanks! 😊
    Best of luck on your first round! How've you been?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone! Two hormone injections down and so far so good. Congratulations Suzzie T and itsgunnahappen! It really helps to hear success stories!

Thanks
    Reviews
    12 retrieved yesterday, 9 injected but told today that only 3 fertilized. Feeling quite deflated. 😔 Has anyone else experienced low fertilization rates? Repromed aren't providing much information/explanation.
    I have tried searching a few times but can't find a January IVF thread?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    12 retrieved yesterday, 9 injected but told today that only 3 fertilized. Feeling quite deflated. 😔 Has anyone else experienced low fertilization rates? Repromed aren't providing much information/explanation.
    I have tried searching a few times but can't find a January IVF thread?
    @MrsZebu I'd be really happy if I got that amount of eggs however I know what you mean about disappointment. I just had one egg after failed 2nd ivf cycle. So sad and frustrating to say the least 😿I guess I just think of those girls who get 20 or so eggs and zero fertilised - my point is it can go either way for anybody. I really wanted a few embryos to freeze but so far it hasn't turned out that way for us. I've found the egg growth and fertilization phase of ivf the most challenging emotionally. Look after yourself!