+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby room heating

Hi mums just a question about heating in your babies room

I suspect my baby is a cold sleeper. on cold nights when I leave the heater on she sleeps right through! However when it's warm during bedtime (so no heater required )then cools at night she wakes up!

Do you guys leave the heating on in your babies room?! If so what type of heating is considered safe. I'm concerned abt carbon monoxide etc etc. I've heard mixed reviews abt oil column heaters. That they're expensive to run.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    In winter we used a portable convection heater and plugged it into something called a heatermate (cost $30-$40) which plugs into the powerpoint. You set the temperature on the heatermate that you'd like maintained and it then turns the heater on and off as required to maintain the set temperature. Works brilliantly and keeps costs down as the heater isn't running constantly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I used an oil heater over winter which has a timer so you can set when you want it on and off, you can set it to come on later when it cools right down. Our electricity bill for winter was about $100 higher over the winter quarter, so it adds up. But I was also home all day running electricity too compared the the year before's winter bill so it wasn't purely from the heater in bubs room.

CO poisoning I think is more common with gas heaters and appliances? Anyhow if you are worried about it then you can buy CO monitors that will go off if the levels become too high. It's very uncommon if heaters are maintained properly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just reading this thread today in Brisbane is making me sweat lol!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TreeGirl For This Useful Post:

M'LadyEm  (21-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    just saw this thread. Can you buy heatermate at teh local store? Also, would you recommend ceramic towel heater or oil heater or convection panel? I think ceramic towel heater like the delonghi is fan operated and can eb quite noisy. I am asking this one because i can get it with teh gift card.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    just saw this thread. Can you buy heatermate at teh local store? Also, would you recommend ceramic towel heater or oil heater or convection panel? I think ceramic towel heater like the delonghi is fan operated and can eb quite noisy. I am asking this one because i can get it with teh gift card.
    Hi @bbhope we got our heatermate at the good guys. Not sure about other stockists. We had a convection heater last winter and looking to get a wall panel soon. I wouldn't think a towel heater would provide sufficient heat and also would remain hot to touch for a long while? This might be an issue if your DS is crawling or soon will be. Same with column oil heater.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got mine from Good Guys as well. You can also buy them from the Heatermate website.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gingermille: Does the convection heater cool to touch? DS room is very small.
    Last edited by bbhope; 08-05-2016 at 18:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work in a store that sells heaters. an oil column heater is going to cost you a fortune to run! We sell these great heaters and I have one for our babies room that are called Econo-heat, they are a ceramic panel that goes on the wall. They cost cents to run an hour as they only use 400w of power. They are really good and don't cost much to buy (around $90)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @wendlle: I heard Econo heater but te reviews say it isn't very warm. Just take the edge off for an adult. Is it true? I haven't yet decided.