+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm on a FET cycle so progynova 3x a day and I start my pessaries after my scan on Friday this week.

Have you ladies picked up your prog pessaries? Do you mind if I ask how much so I know what I need? The doctor said their cheaper than crinone we used on my last IVF cycle and that was $150 a box but I saw somewhere one of ladies saying she paid $100+ for her pessaries!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry I can't help u with the pricing Mrsmac. I had to use ovidrel shots instead of progesterone tablets. Hope they are cheaper than then crimone for you though. Had to use them once and ouch that hurts the hip pocket. Just when you though all the expenses were over...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmac3 View Post
    I'm on a FET cycle so progynova 3x a day and I start my pessaries after my scan on Friday this week.

Have you ladies picked up your prog pessaries? Do you mind if I ask how much so I know what I need? The doctor said their cheaper than crinone we used on my last IVF cycle and that was $150 a box but I saw somewhere one of ladies saying she paid $100+ for her pessaries!!!
    My FS put me on pregnyl (HCG which stimulates progesterone in the body) instead of the pessaries. I actually have a box left over of them from my last cycle which I asked if I should use and he said I won't need with injections. I was worried my progesterone wouldn't be high enough so they've given me "peace of mind" blood tests to check my progesterone levels. You could ask your clinic is this is an option. My FS said it was cheaper to do injections. Pregnyl cost me $6.10 with a health care card.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel so bad today. Can't stop crying. Feeling very emotional. I'm assuming it's the hormones. It all gets so tiring and too much sometimes. I felt attacked on the other thread. I showed my husband as I'm not sure if I'm of sound mind being this hormonal and he seemed to agree but then again husbands do that don't they. Sweethearts that they are.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why do you feel attacked apples? Gosh I was sensitive when I was doing a full cycle, I cried over everything! I mean EVERY.LITTLE.THING! If someone looked at me the wrong way, I was so paranoid and teary, so I totally understand.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsmac3 For This Useful Post:

Apples1234  (22-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi just thought I would pop in 😄 I am currently cycling there are a couple of you from the other thread that I am on. Super curious @Hopeful37 hope I got that right 😬 was it during a FET cycle you used the ovedril trigger shot if so when and how many? I have be told to have two on was fri and the other will be wed day of the transfer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It doesn't matter and I'm just going to let it go. You're always going to have some nastiness with a chat room full of hormonal women lol! It started because of some very negative posts about doing double transfers. Knowing I and quite a few others were doing double transfers I asked them to not share horror stories as it just starts worrying about something that hasn't happened. It kept going and when I posted some research studies in support of twin transfers and also pointing out that there are other factors that are also safer for one embryo transfer and I got a few nasty comments and one person telling me to leave. Personally I find people saying "we don't want to hear what you have to say and we don't want you here" a little to similar to a certain attitude in Germany 1945 haha. My comments were not negative but were interpreted as negative tho that's certainly not the message I put up. Anyway. Let it go. Move on. Know that women can be cruel and don't buy into it I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Apples1234 I found the other thread could be a bit full on I am new to the forum thing. Try not to take anything to heart or personally I will admit there was a lot that I skimmed past as I am very hormonal at the moment possibly worst than I was during my 2 stim cycles so I try to avoid anything that will upset me

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsSMS For This Useful Post:

Apples1234  (22-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSMS View Post
    Hi just thought I would pop in 😄 I am currently cycling there are a couple of you from the other thread that I am on. Super curious @Hopeful37 hope I got that right 😬 was it during a FET cycle you used the ovedril trigger shot if so when and how many? I have be told to have two on was fri and the other will be wed day of the transfer.
    Hi MrsSms, I used the ovidrel in a fresh cycle. So I used it as a tigger ( full pen) as usual 36 hours before my EPU. Then I had to use it 2 days after my EPU and the next day after my transfer. I only had to dial up 6 clicks each time". When u look at the pen it doesn't look like much as gone but I'm not sure how much that equals as a dose. I never had to use this ( other than trigger of course) in any other cycle but I've change FS and clinics so must be something they do. I asked why I was having it and they said it was to promote natural progestone production and to make sure u get the right dose. I can definitely say it worked with the progestone as I felt like absolute crap, bloated, emotional, just like when I've used the pessaries. But it's a lot easier to do than them that's for sure

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful37 For This Useful Post:

MrsSMS  (22-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSMS View Post
    @Apples1234 I found the other thread could be a bit full on I am new to the forum thing. Try not to take anything to heart or personally I will admit there was a lot that I skimmed past as I am very hormonal at the moment possibly worst than I was during my 2 stim cycles so I try to avoid anything that will upset me
    Yep I hear ya. That's why I came here. For some quiet and supportive sharing.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Apples1234 For This Useful Post:

MrsSMS  (22-11-2015)