+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 62 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Really feel for you Apples 😔. Take care of yourself and don't give up! Huuuuge hug.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kookii For This Useful Post:

Apples1234  (27-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies I have a question of those who did pessaries in their frozen cycle!!!!! When did you start them? My chemist just told me they would be in today but when I rang them they still didn't have it?! I'm worried I'll need them tonight and not have them!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default NOV/DEC 2015 IVF Cycles and transfers (double embrie friendly)

@mrsmac3 Your husband sounds great! Me and Rob were talking last night about how he wants to write an article (he is a writer) about how hard IVF is for the man. He says it's still too raw right now but he wants to write it soon as a way to open up the dialogue and help other men feel like they're not alone. He said it's really hard in a different way. They have to be strong and be the Rock and they're just as devastated when it doesn't work. I commented on how the whole Bub hub community is women and how helpful it is but wouldn't it be nice if men would have access to something similar without feeling weird about it.
    Last edited by Apples1234; 27-11-2015 at 15:47.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Apples1234 For This Useful Post:

mrsthomo  (27-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is sometimes a man on two on here but you don't see them often. My hubby isn't one to seek out others to talk but it is just as hard on him. He is my support and rock. TBH we've been a bit rocky of late, not breaking up but just trying to find out footing as mum and dad now not just husband and wife. I found when I talk about IVF with him we slip back to what we were pre baby and it's nice. He is having issues at work etc so I get all his stress dumped here on me.

Today when he left for lunch I told him when he comes home tonight the first thing he should say when he walks in the door is hello my beautiful wife, hand me a flower from our garden and a sweet kiss on the lips before anything else. Then he can unload his crap day. Lol I'm a bit bossy!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsmac3 For This Useful Post:

Apples1234  (27-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just got this email!! Let me know if you want me to forward with links!

FUNDING threat to IVF
    Cuts to the Medicare Safety Net will mean you are at risk of paying several thousand dollars more to have fertility treatment. Out of pocket costs will increase by 40-50% from January 2016.

We need YOUR help to send a strong message to Senators through thousands of emails that speak about the impact of these changes for people who cannot afford fertility treatment to have a family.

Please take a few minutes to send a message to register your concern with the Prime Minister, Leader of the Greens Senator Richard Di Natale and Shadow Minister for Health, Hon. Katherine King MP. This breaks the coalition government’s promise not to cut health. Copy your state Senator and your federal MP. It would help us monitor the response rate if you bcc or fwd your email to access@access.org.au . We will treat your email in strict confidence.

What should you write?
    Please write in your own words what it will mean for you if the Health Insurance Amendment (Safety Net) Bill 2015 is passed and you cannot afford the medical treatment you need to have a family. If you have been fortunate to have an IVF child, please write about what this means to you and how you would have felt if you had not been able to afford treatment.

Possible messages to include:

Infertility is not a choice. Those who need medical help to have a family have no control over this condition.
    One child in every classroom has been born through safe and high quality treatment using IVF and related technologies.
    Many children born through ART are now adults and ask why their government appears to value their existence less than those whose parents did not need medical treatment to have them.
    We have contributed, through taxes, to the education of other people’s children. Therefore, it does not seem unreasonable to help us with the only chance that we have for a child.
    Who should write?

You, your partner, your family members and friends. It is important that each write an individual letter .

When should you write?

Today - letters must arrive before 1st December 2015.

How to contact your Senator and local Member of Parliament

Click here for Senators in your state

Enter your postcode in the box or browse by state on the map for a list of senators with links to their emails.

Click here to go to the AEC Website

Enter your post code or suburb to find your Federal Electorate

Click here for your local member in the House of Representatives

Enter your postcode in the box or browse by state. You can also download contact details lists by name, party or electorate.

Don't like these annoying emails? Unsubscribe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ugh just called repromed to say I haven't got my AF. (Was meant to go in for a blood test this morning) BUT Iliterally slept all day and didn't know. My phone was off so my husband had to leave work and come home and wake me up. Been feeling pretty bad so must have needed sleep. Woke up disorientated and with a screaming headache and feeling sick. Anyway so rang repromed, asked if I could do test tomorrow, told them I haven't got AF, then hung up, went to the toilet and got AF! Come on universe! Work with me here! 😬

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MrsSMS Your relationship with your husband sounds like a dream! I really hope that your baby comes soon. xo
    @mrsmac3 WOW 10mm! That’s great news, congratulations! I have my fingers crossed for you! x
    You should definitely contact your FS about the pessaries, from what I understand they’re important to start on the right day in regards to your transfer day. If you don’t start them on time they will have to move your transfer day.
    @Apples1234 I totally understand what you mean. I know my husband is disappointed but he doesn't talk about any of it very much.
    The only time I have ever seen him cry is when we had drained all our savings on this IVF stuff. Stability is very important to him and we now have to re-build our house deposit.
    Does your husband use reddit at all? It’s a great place to talk to people in just about any situation. I am a subscriber of r/infertility as an example and there are definitely some men on there. He may find it nice to just let his frustrations out a little in an anonymous setting.
    I keep forgetting to ask, do you know why dried pineapple can’t be used in the kefir? I found a great website yesterday with a bunch of ways to use the kefir grains. I’m excited and just wanted to thank you again for the recipe! x

Thanks
    Reviews

Default NOV/DEC 2015 IVF Cycles and transfers (double embrie friendly)

@mrsthomo he was telling me last night how much he loves reddit! My DH is a real sweetie. I thank his mum for doing a good job! She is a feminist and a psychologist and funny too so as a result I have a man with a high emotional IQ with a loving respect for woman and a good sense of humour and most of all he has a real compassion for underprivileged and his drive is to help make a difference. The downside for him is he takes on a lot of my pain, his job is hugely stressful and he feels his emotions so like me he is overwhelmed at the moment. We have had a rough year. 3 IVF cycles, a family member took their life, Rob's dog just died and I've been suffering from depression and anxiety and not working for the past 5 months. But we will carry on and keep going!

I just want to say too that I think you are such a lovely and supportive person Mrsthomo and I really value your interactions on this site xx

Re pineapple I'm not sure why, something about the interaction. I know also you can't use honey in place of sugar. I made a new batch of kefir and I did Apple and guava. I'd like to try a coconut water too! Yum!
    Last edited by Apples1234; 27-11-2015 at 15:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Annerley here xx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Apples1234 For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (27-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just got a call and my transfer is Thursday!!! Pessaries don't start until tomorrow so I will ring back the chemist and hopefully they can have them by then!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsmac3 For This Useful Post:

Apples1234  (27-11-2015),MrsSMS  (27-11-2015)