+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Apples1234 I understand where you are coming from our 1st cycle we had 6 eggs all fertilise and grow til they were 8cells or day 3 but that was it they all stopped I have heart broken I started to think maybe we just aren't meant to have children together maybe we aren't meant to be. We had been trying for 5 years before we came to ivf.

we have been together since we were 16 we got married at 24 brought an house at 22 we are set up ready for this why wouldn't it happen. DH twin sister got pregnant first round of ivf.

Second round the clinic kept us up to date on how our embryos were going, the whole time I was worried as SIL was going for #2 at the same time. In the back of my mind I couldn't help but think is it ever going to happen for us. I got a BFN from that cycle but we managed to get them to grow we had 7 in the freezer.

Yesterday they popped one in I am hoping that this is the one! We have told no one from DH family and only my mum from mine I feel like there is so much pressure when everyone knows! I have always said I only want one child I don't mind girl or boy just a healthy baby.

I think you ladies that are doing the POAS tests are so brave I don't even want to take the call from FN after the blood test on the 7/12. I commend you ladies that have done multiple cycles you have so much strength!! After my BFN in sept I didn't think I could ever do this again. But it is the only way we will have a child together

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsSMS For This Useful Post:

mrsthomo  (27-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MrsSms, I'm the same, I would be so grateful for just one baby.
    Can I ask, did u do anything different from your first stim cycle were your embies stopped growing at day 3 to having good quality ones that grew well the next cycle? Did u do a different protocol or take anything g different or was it just the luck of the draw to do think?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful37 For This Useful Post:

MrsSMS  (26-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Hopeful37 we sure did

#1 I had gonal f 175 I think, and orgalutran
    #2 I had mepour really low dose and orgalutran as well as metformin 2000g a day, and coq10 a vitamin

Metformin is because I have poly cystic ovaries but not the syndrome ( not sure how that works) but from what I have been told I produce too many eggs but they don't have a great quality about them. Metformin have made me very sick over the last 4 months I lost about 5 kg the first week I was on them as I can't eat dairy when I take them 😞
    coQ10 helps promote cell growth within the body.
    I have been very happy with FS as he changed everything around after #1 which I have learnt a lot of other clinics don't always do

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsSMS For This Useful Post:

Hopeful37  (26-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default NOV/DEC 2015 IVF Cycles and transfers (double embrie friendly)

This will be my 4th stim cycle coming up! Can't believe it. We are in debt financially and emotionally! My next step is also a blood test tomorrow @Hopeful37. They need to check my progesterone gets to baseline level to start again. Haven't started AF yet but it should be anytime now. Maybe tonight maybe in the morning. I'm just hoping for a decent dose of good quality eggs and then embryos to put in the freeze and then take a breath. Do some tests and investigate whether there are causes stopping this from happening.
    Last edited by Apples1234; 26-11-2015 at 18:27.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Apples1234 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful37  (26-11-2015),MrsSMS  (26-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsSms I've read so many good things about that coq10 I'm getting some tomorrow. Your last cycle sounds like mine 150 gonal f and orgalutan. I had the same my embies were behind at day 5 and the 2 left over from transfer stopped growing, so I imagine that the one they transferred did too.
    My first stim cycle was at another clinic and I did the long protocol bc pills then the nasel spray and gonal f. Which I ended up with 4 blasts ( and I did get preg with the first but it was ectopic) I'll be interested to see what meds I get on for this cycle

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful37 For This Useful Post:

MrsSMS  (26-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Same apples! Just want some to freeze so I can relax for a minute.
    Back to the grind of ultra early morning wake up calls for blood tests for us tomorrow.

My AF is a bit uncomfortable and quite heavy. I guess that's to be expected with the meds. But it's not helping my mood!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm interesting reading the different stim Meds. I was on Gonal f 250 and orgaltron and Luveris for my first cycle. I got 8 eggs, 6 fertilised, only one made to day 5 but wasn't quite blastocyst, second cycle I had the same but Gonal F 300 and the Ovidril trigger. I got 16 eggs, 14 fertilised but only one went to blastocyst and was starting to hatch. The rest went in the bin. The second cycle really hurt especially my left ovary was swollen and very sore and a lot of pain after the collection.
    We then changed clinics and I had Gonal F 300 plus ogalatron and the Ovidril trigger. I didn't want to go ahead with the collection because if had bleeding after sex but my FS was away and although the nurses told me on the Friday after my scan that the doctor would call me with my concerns all I got was a booking at 5:30pm on a Friday for a Monday morning theatre appointment at 6:45am. So I felt I had no choice but to go. When I woke up they told me they only got 4 eggs and I burst into tears because I'd felt something was wrong and they hadn't listened. My FS came out of surgery to speak to me and was very lovely. They ended up deciding to investigate this bleeding with a biopsy and to freeze the embryos. I only got 2 embries to freeze at day 4 - these are the two that just didn't work this time. Will have to look into other stim Meds and speak to my FS. The annoying thing is I can't get in with him until dec 9th so how am I s'pose to discuss changing my stimm Meds. 😳

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Apples1234 For This Useful Post:

MrsSMS  (27-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Hopeful37 what is long protocol bc pills?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wondered the same thing apples. I'm seeing my FS on Monday. But I would have already started meds over the weekend. I guess she will just decide on the meds and the nurses will advise me? She knows my history of the other cycle from our initial appointment so I guess there's that.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful37 For This Useful Post:

MrsSMS  (27-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am hoping this FET cycle works better for me as I was boarder line OHSS with both cycles and I can't imagine that being so full of medication cant be a happy environment for an embryo to want to grow. I would grab some of the coq10 the way I have been looking at this cycle is throw everything I can at it and hope of the best. At the end of the day I can say I did everything I could.