+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I haven't been to Brisbane since I was a child and was wondering is south bank the place to stay and go? Is there a lot to do there with a toddler?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Lunch at Southbank Brisbane???

Quote Originally Posted by two souls View Post
    Hi I haven't been to Brisbane since I was a child and was wondering is south bank the place to stay and go? Is there a lot to do there with a toddler?
    Loads to do. We practically live there in the summer. My toddler particularly loves the map of Brisbane with fountains and the paddling pools. My older son loves Streets Beach (a sandy beach overlooking the river). Bring your togs and some buckets and spades and some spare clothes for the shops and playgrounds!
    Eta, if you're going in December they also have some fantastic Xmas activities and light shows and you can walk over the bridge to the town hall and they have this fantastic laser and music show that my kids absolutely love (so do the adults in the family).
    Last edited by Once Upon a Time; 21-11-2015 at 10:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    There is lots to do. There's playgrounds, the "beach" and pool. There's the Sciencecentre (depending on the age of your toddler) and museum. Not to mention the city cat/city ferry stops for a ride on the river. Also the wheel of Brisbane.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great thanks guys I think I might plan a surprise trip for my dh's birthday.

My ds is 16 months old. Any recommendations on where to stay?

Will 3 days be enough to see it all?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by two souls View Post
    Great thanks guys I think I might plan a surprise trip for my dh's birthday.

My ds is 16 months old. Any recommendations on where to stay?

Will 3 days be enough to see it all?
    I think 3 days is enough. I'm not sure where I stay because we're from Brisbane but there are quite a few lovely hotels around Southbank.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The Christmas night Markets will be starting soon, I'll be taking the kids to those, much more bearable in the Summer then the day ones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Where did you decide on @LittleBug'sMum?

My current favourite is Acquitaine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We ended up going to ... The Plough. Have been there a million times before, and don't really like the food, but the choices all became too much and I knew that my parents would be comfortable there (they're not all that adventurous food wise), and wouldn't have to worry about my rowdy kids.
    I am planning on checking out Ahmets with DH though, I think he'll be into that. And Cat74 we went to Aquitane last time we were at Southbank for lunch, the food was great, but my kids were not very well behaved, all felt a bit uncomfortable...
    We also had a nice swim at Streets beach, was awesome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    LittleBug'sMum, you won't be disappointed with Ahmet's, especially for dinner. It has a lively ambience, excellent waiting staff who tend to you the whole time and the food is fabulous. Make sure you go on an empty stomach though! When we're sans kids and it's just been DH and I for dinner, we usually get one of the banquets for two, it's really good value and comes out like high tea on the same sort of tier system, so delish!

I must admit Aquitane is lovely too, but I wouldn't take my kids there.

You picked the right day for a swim at Streets Beach today, was certainly the weather for it!

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ahmets was fined $25,000 this year for breaching food and safety standards. Hopefully they have improved since.