+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Star Wars crap- thoughts?!?

I am overwhelmed and appalled by the amount of Star Wars merchandise out there.... Really if you are a massive fan or collector are you really going to buy ALL that crap?!? It just seems like such a shameless money grab with no thought of their target market, or general good taste- it seems TACKY

Covergirl for example are selling Star Wars branded lipstick.... so ridiculous!

Surely most of the branded stuff will end up in a few months reduced to clear in bargain bins, or am I completely wrong?

Who's buying?!? Thoughts?

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    newest big w catalogue front page showing star wars pjs for all the family. it is all part of how the movies make more money these days. I don't think I have anyone so greatly interested, so I wont be buying any of it. marie.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Star Wars crap- thoughts?!?

we buy some of the stuff as our last name is in Star Wars ( don't want to say which one)

But I agree some of the merchandise is just beyond a joke it's everywhere

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    As the mother of a StarWars obsessed eight year old, I could not agree more! It's absolute madness!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS has never watched Star Wars so I don't buy it for him but the merchandise has been around for years, this year because of the movie release there is more of it - I know parents with older kids and a lot of DH friends love Star Wars and do buy the stuff

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bunkx View Post
    we buy some of the stuff as our last name is in Star Wars ( don't want to say which one)

But I agree some of the merchandise is just beyond a joke it's everywhere
    I so hope it's skywalker!!! 😂

It doesn't bother me tbh. I love Star Wars and you haven't been able to get cool merchandise for years so I think it's cool.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
    I so hope it's skywalker!!! 😂

It doesn't bother me tbh. I love Star Wars and you haven't been able to get cool merchandise for years so I think it's cool.
    no, but a good friend has that name :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
    I so hope it's skywalker!!!

I was shooting for Kenobi!
    We all love SW here too (I have the leggings to prove it) but there's so much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Star Wars make waaaaaay more money from merchandise than from the actual movies, and it always has. It's mostly aimed at children, but yes, the SW makeup range is pretty silly

10. The Following User Says Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (21-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    I was shooting for Kenobi!
    We all love SW here too (I have the leggings to prove it) but there's so much!
    Do you happen to be a Sharkie by any chance?