+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week

Default What's your excuse?

So every day this week, I have set two alarms for an early morning walk then woken up during the night and talked myself out of the walk and turned off my alarms.

Some excuses that I've come up with during the night are... "DD is sleeping with me, I don't want to wake her up when I get up because then she'd wake mum up" or "hmmm I think I remember hearing that there is a chance of rain in the morning, better not go" or "Gee my feet are a bit sore from wearing heels at work today".

I don't just make excuses to avoid exercise, I make excuses for everything. So I'd love to steal, I mean hear, some of yours!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have tried waking up early for walks in the past...hated it. I'm a night owl and just don't do morning exercise well. I am much better doing evening walks if anything. So my excuse would be 'I hate morning walks'. Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I can't go in the morning as my partner usually leaves for work at 5am. No way I'm getting up at 4 to go for a walk.

But, I do go walking 5 times a week in the evenings at 8:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mine is that I'm currently in the glumps as nothing is fitting me, so I eat a packet of m&ms and then feel sorry for myself.

Mainly I'm waiting to move to Canberra and join a gym again in January. Walking with two girls in the pram and a bub is just not fun so I'm avoiding it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What's your excuse?

Those are my exact excuses, I'll wake DS up or I had a rough night, I need to sleep or I tell myself I'll go at night

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    DH is working away at the moment, so I'm not going to wake a sleeping baby to go for a walk. When he is home on his few days leave I have plans of getting up. Then I realise I miss him and just want to sleep in with him.

Too hot to do anything in the day and then same issue with a sleeping baby at night.

In general it's too hot, too wet, I'm too tired, my day is too busy etc etc

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    yeah I make excuses as to why I cant go for a bike ride. which is odd as once I get out there I really enjoy it. Its just getting up the enthusiasm to get organised and go.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    That me getting up and ready will wake the kids or I just think nah didn't get a good enough sleep baby woke a few times