+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What is your child currently enjoying (food)

Hi all, I'm having a lot of issues with my daughter and I am after some tips, meals, snacks, anything really.

Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS loves anything that's fallen on the floor and been there for a day or so. Especially if it has dust or hair on it!

I make and freeze batches of banana or blueberry muffins. I do them sugar free made with almond meal, ans stir in a big spoonful of powdered super greens.

Homemade muesli bars. I use the Donna Hay recipe but subsitute tge sugar for rice malt syrup, and use rice bubbles, dark chocolate, seeds, etc instead of dried fruit. Basically you can substitute anything in so long as it's the same quantities. Again, good for making in batches and freezing.

Smoothies with yoghurt, milk & fresh berries or bananas, and a spoon of supergreens powder. This is also good for pouring into I've block moulds and frezing for a nice cold treat on a hot day.

Pizza scrolls

Home made chicken sausage rolls (great for freezing and just reheating when needed)

Tasting plates - ham, cheese, rice crackers, vege sticks, sliced apple, etc with some dip.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (19-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We did blw and my kids went straight to normal food at 6-7mths. Risotto, scrambled eggs, ravioli, home made meatballs, falafels and roasted vegetables in wedge shapes were very popular. Pikelets, home made sugar free banana bread and Apple/oat muffins were a good snack too.

Plus the usual fruit ie watermelon, banana, avo, mango etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pancakes, banana, rice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What is your child currently enjoying (food)

DS18 months gets sooo excited when he sees bananas!
    So bananas , veggie muffins (flour, grated veggies like carrot sweet potato zucchini etc, cheese and egg) home made muesli bars (I use a variation of the one handed cooks oat and chia chews) and overnight oats (in a glass container day or 2 before I mix oats milk chia seeds purée fruit cinnamon probiotics and just stir). That's about all he gets excited for but will eat other things like a mild chickpea curry or a veggie stew.
    Also every now and then I do a batch of salmon/tuna patties (canned fish, quinoa, eggs, sweet potato etc)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Scrambled eggs, spaghetti bolognese, beef risotto, lamb Korma, rice cakes with avo, cream cheese etc, arrancini balls

He likes anything that's small to eat really - mince, rice etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DS2 is 13 months and will basically eat anything as long as it is frozen into an icy pole! So we do banana and yogurt and cinnamon, or fruit and vegetable combinations like orange, ginger, carrot and celery- made into a smoothie then frozen. My older kids think they're a real treat too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Cow cheese wedges, bananas..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Qrazelna View Post
    DS18 months gets sooo excited when he sees bananas!
    So bananas , veggie muffins (flour, grated veggies like carrot sweet potato zucchini etc, cheese and egg) home made muesli bars (I use a variation of the one handed cooks oat and chia chews) and overnight oats (in a glass container day or 2 before I mix oats milk chia seeds purée fruit cinnamon probiotics and just stir). That's about all he gets excited for but will eat other things like a mild chickpea curry or a veggie stew.
    Also every now and then I do a batch of salmon/tuna patties (canned fish, quinoa, eggs, sweet potato etc)
    Are the muesli bars hard? I'm interested

Thanks
    Reviews
    My girl is just having issues with food full stop.

I'm seeing a dietitian hopefully very soon.