+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Others have already pointed out my thoughts on the issue, but I'll say it again anyway so the op knows there is another out there in the "likes a charity gift" column

My mind is never far away from teaching. I'm always mentally taking notes of cool things for the classroom, or finding resources and squirrelling them away. So, if a student bought me a gift of a donation to a charity that supports anything within the educational realm, be that for books or uniforms, breakfast clubs or laptops, Australia or Cambodia or Timbuktu, I would be delighted and touched.
    Great gift idea imo, op.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've been a teacher over a decade and to be honest I think any gift is lovely. It's nice to be thought of. Too often we see parents for negative things so it's a lovely gesture.

That said I'm guilty of regifting many boxes of chocolates... It's not because I don't like chocolate (trust me I do!!) it's more that I don't want to indulge in it and I'm given so much. I wouldn't be able to fit through the classroom door if I ate it all!!!

My absolute favourite thing I've ever been given (well apart from wine and coffee vouchers) is a letter showing appreciation for what I've done. The four times I've ever received such a letter I've sobbed each time.

Letters of thanks trump any other gift I've been given over the years

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

harvs  (24-11-2015),lubelu2  (25-11-2015)